Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Badger men  (Read 705 times)

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
Badger men
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:10 pm »

Yes, ANOTHER thread about badgers.

So I have embarked into a temperate biome with Fortress Defense Advanced and noexotics working, and i have indeed loads of badgers and badger men making conga lines. They haven't proved a threat, mostly because my dwarves don't get out much.

I have caught and tamed a badger sow, and hope she's pregnant. Now I have 5 wild badger woman in cages.

What I am supposed to do with them ? Why is the badger's [PET] token has not moved to badger men ?

I think i'm going to tame them and let them as first defense line for the dark strangler siege which should not take long to come.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Badger men
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 07:01:17 pm »

It's the giant badgers that are real bad. The badgers you're seeing are hardly a threat to your midgets.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:21:00 pm by psychologicalshock »

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 08:43:45 pm »

It's the giant badgers that are real bad. The badgers you're seeing are hardly a threat to your midgets.

My 7 starting dwarfs from three separate embarks would disagree with you quite loudly, were it not for being ripped apart or drowned in their first year.

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 11:00:37 pm »

My 7 starting dwarfs from three separate embarks would disagree with you quite loudly, were it not for being ripped apart or drowned in their first year.

Well my recommendation is to start with one military dwarf then. Migrants come soon nowadays so there's no big loss in doing so .