Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Crazy Artifacts  (Read 579 times)

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
More Crazy Artifacts
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:10:34 pm »

New Fortress. No crazy Lead Battle Axe this time, though. Got an artifact Iron Gauntlet with rings of Iron and spikes of Moonstone from my armorsmith and something awesome comming from my weaponsmith. He took an Iron Bar, a Nickle Bar, and a Zircon of some or another color. What weapons can he make, is my question. Can I get something awesome like a Scimitar or Flail that dwarves can use, and if he makes something like a Pike or Scourge can my dwarves still use it, even though it is typically a non-dwarf weapon? Because, Cmon, an Iron Scimitar studded with rings of Nickle and Zircon would be EPIC. I'd give it to the same dwarf with the gauntlet and make him my marshal, and then I'd pay somebody to do concept art of it to forever comemorate the dwarfy epicness.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

SpiralDimentia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: More Crazy Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:38:43 pm »

He could probably make anything. Anything that falls under 'weapon' anyways, as long as he's not also an armor smith or metalsmith. If he's only a weaponsmith though, it could be anything from an axe to a spear to a sword. It's anyone's guess.
Dragonwork, A Successful Failure.
Legacy of Insightshields
Many more made tales in this hall,
before the stronghold found it's fall.
An enemy none could stop or yield,
had taken over Insightshields.

Hague

• Bay Watcher
  • How do I shot web?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:59:32 pm »

Look at the things the smith likes. He will make one of those if it's a weapon.

Nidokoenig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 07:15:51 pm »

He's probably going to one-up the lead battle axe guy and make you a blowgun.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 09:42:08 pm »

Or a bow...

Actually, yeah. Blowguns are even more useless. You can't even import the ammo.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

KProject

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:13 pm »

Can moody weaponsmiths make blowguns? I've only ever gotten artifact blowguns from moody bowyers.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 10:00:57 pm »

I think moody weapon/armorsmiths are restricted to the types of weapons/armor your civ can make. I know I've never seen anything non-dwarf-makeable from either, including about a dozen moody armorers when I was modding in race-specific armor items.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 09:45:42 pm »

I've seen beds made of diamonds so I'd say it's possible. I've never seen a dwarf make anything "foreign", but that doesn't mean it's impossible. Usually I get axes and shields from my smiths the majority of the time. Basically you'll get a weapon thats probably very good, but I doubt it will be much different then your standard axe, short sword, warhammer.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz