Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stairs and rooms  (Read 963 times)

pvtpob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
stairs and rooms
« on: April 06, 2011, 06:01:29 pm »

1. Is there any way to get rid of stairs once they are dug out?
2.I know that assigning dwarves rooms makes them happy but is there an easier way to do it? Im pretty sick of assigning 70 dwarves rooms 1 by one.
The Stray Yak Bull grabs the Stray Horse Foal by the nose with his left rear leg!

obeliab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: stairs and rooms
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »

You can build a floor over down stairs ({b} then {C} then {f}), and get rid of up stairs with one of the designations at the bottom of the list, I think the {z} one, "Remove up stair/ramp."

If you build beds and make them into rooms with {r}, your dwarves will pick their own rooms.  Generally.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:11:32 pm »

If you build beds and make them into rooms with {r}, your dwarves will pick their own rooms.  Generally.
they always do as far as i know, as long as you have enough rooms they will assign themselves their own room.

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:26:03 pm »

they always do as far as i know, as long as you have enough rooms they will assign themselves their own room.

Specifically, the first dwarf who decides to sleep on the bed the room was designated from claims it.

pvtpob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 06:29:19 pm »

Thanks, you saved me a lot of time :). Either way my dwarves just got slaughtered by an ambush haha
The Stray Yak Bull grabs the Stray Horse Foal by the nose with his left rear leg!

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »

The only rooms you should have to assign are rooms for "nobles".

BTW, nobles have usually claimed a lowly room from before they became nobles, so once they become nobles it may be worth unassigning whatever crappy room they had before. Even with new fancy rooms, I've found them sleeping in their old beds only to later find them bitching about the arduous inadequacy of their previous sleeping experience.

elpizo

• Bay Watcher
  • DOWN WE GO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 06:43:34 pm »

Specifically, the first dwarf who decides to sleep on the bed the room was designated from claims it.
im not sure on this, sometimes more than 5 dwarves use the same bed before one claims it

jaxad0127

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 10:58:56 pm »

im not sure on this, sometimes more than 5 dwarves use the same bed before one claims it
Likewise, I've had dwarfs claim rooms they've never seen.