Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [PROJECT/SUGGESTION] Bay 12 MUCK  (Read 4594 times)

evanvolker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [PROJECT/SUGGESTION] Bay 12 MUCK
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2011, 10:34:26 pm »

I'd play a mud style game like this, but not muck. I need more to do than sit around and pretend I'm an elf all day

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2011, 12:08:44 am »

I'll reiterate the whole, social first, RP second model.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2011, 03:55:21 am »

I'm gona jump in and give the same 2 cents I gave for PTTG's Bay12 MUD project a long while ago:

"Hey, why not forget MUDs and MUCKs and make it a MOO? MOOs have all the world building in the hands of players that the MUCKs have, and much more because of (as far as I can tell) a more powerful scripting system. A proper coder could make a MUD-like RPG system, while leaving players the ability to create items and locations that neatly tie in to this system (thank heavens for object-oriented programming). So people can RP, enjoy good old hack-n-slash, and any combination of those. Like, build a villain's cave lair for other players to hack-n-slash in."

Sadly, people lost interest in PTTG's MOO too quickly... Hopefully this one lasts longer (whether you go with MUCK or anything else)

EDIT: Also, I guess I'd be willing to help building/coding the world, but I come with strings attached: 1) I am no expert in any specific scripting/building language, though I can learn the basics of any language quickly, and 2) I get bored of stuff quickly, so its likely I'd disappear randomly and reappear erratically with no warning.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 04:03:23 am by Poltifar »
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2011, 03:58:05 am »

Well, since HellMOO is dead and there is the source floating around for it, we could use that.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2011, 04:06:46 am »

Well, since HellMOO is dead and there is the source floating around for it, we could use that.

Whhhaaat, seriously? Then I'd have to go with a hearty "YES", HellMOO did the MOO+MUD stuff very, very well. Probably the only fun MOO Hack-N-Slash I've seen yet (except for excessive griefing). Though it might not be what the OP wants, unless its possible to change the very setting of HellMOO to something more medieval/high fantasy without needing to rewrite most of it.
<@Akroma> eh

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2011, 04:16:47 am »

My poor googlefu skills haven't been able to find the leak, but it's probably on the SA forums.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2011, 05:40:07 am »

Closest I've managed is http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3382777&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=18

But the crucial link, that of the database, was taken down. Hopefully it will pop up again somewhere.
<@Akroma> eh

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2011, 07:32:46 am »

I love RPIs. I remember a few months back when we hopped on Hazordhu and built a DF style fort (without the Z-levels). It eventually collapsed because of technical reasons. B12ers seem to have difficulty separating IC from OOC (which is vital in hardcore RP games), but otherwise, they're not too bad in roleplaying.

I dislike pure roleplaying/emoting systems, though. I want to be codedly able to kill, able to tantrum and break stuff, going against the environment, that sort of thing. I don't really like MUCKs.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Fayrik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2011, 05:57:42 pm »

Is this still happening?
All my MU* projects seem to have gone quiet suddenly (At roughly the same time, too.)
So THIS is how migrations start.
"Hey, dude, there's this crazy bastard digging in the ground for stuff. Let's go watch."

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2011, 07:02:05 pm »

My mush based on Dresden Files is still moving forward.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2011, 08:09:21 pm »

I just got eaten by a head coder position on a MUX run by some local friends.  :U  Won't be out for a long long time though, so meh.

Oh well.  It was bound to happen eventually, and I never get tired of writing weather systems.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!
Pages: 1 2 [3]