Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Atis "Voicetrumpet" Okolsakzul - Certified Badass  (Read 3548 times)

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
Atis "Voicetrumpet" Okolsakzul - Certified Badass
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:44:16 pm »

One of my miners, the only legendary one I have. Little bit of a backstory: a human diplomat was murdered by goblin lashers during a routine visit. Naturally, the humans assume my dwarfs assassinated her because she was taller than them all. Long story short, human siegers hanging out on the edge of the map, lighting campfires then running from the smoke. They stay in the same area. My plan: surprise magma attack. I dig a tunnel near where they are, get the flood gate system ready, everything's good. The only problem is the risk to the dwarf who will open the way. Enter Atis.

Her cracks out of the mountain behind the surprised crossbowmen, the proceeds to calmly walk down the tunnel he just dug, batting away SIX crossbow bolts in the meantime. The Floodgate had already been set to shut by the time he got ten tiles into the tunnel, getting him to safety. All that was left was to crack open the volcano, and let the magma flow. Atis, however, had miscalculated.

Instead of using the ramp he had carved to flee from the ensuing magma flood, he mis-steps down the corridor, suffering pretty devere damage to his feet. Bleeding, he makes his way down the hall, carves himself a ramp to safety, and waits on rescue miners to come open the tunnel he's in. Does Atis just sit there and bemoan his injuries? No. He goes and begins to clean the blood off of the floor from his massive burn wounds. He is now my favorite.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
Re: Atis "Voicetrumpet" Okolsakzul - Certified Badass
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2011, 01:39:05 am »

How much foot damage did he take? It'd be pretty cool if he didn't need crutches in the end.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 06:33:15 am »

A true dwarf among dwarves.

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 06:55:21 am »

From my experience, most miners are badass.

I once had a miner who accidentally opened up a door to the circus, and let out all the clowns.

Instead of running back up the stairs and letting all of the clowns in our fort, he stayed there and distracted them by dodging attacks and running around until we could wall off the circus tent.

He died a hero.

A horribly burnt hero.
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 07:05:31 am »

He died a hero.

A horribly burnt hero.
Sigged.

Speaking of badass miners, I once was completely pinned down by a goblin ambush. The gobbos managed to kill some caravan guards and my fully armoured, skilled military champion. In a last rush of hope, I recruited Urist Mcminer whom was closest outside to the goblins. He approached the goblin archers and... Put his pick through their bodies, killing them slowly. Swordsman rushed him. Picked in the head, he was left dead like the rest. The remainder of the gobbos ran off. Greviously injured, of course.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 07:10:21 am by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Cabbagetroll

• Bay Watcher
  • likes weiner dogs for their endless pluck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 08:19:32 am »

How much foot damage did he take? It'd be pretty cool if he didn't need crutches in the end.

I was wrong, it was his hand, not his foot: the fat from his second finger, right hand is gone. Also, a brown burn on his upper lip.

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 09:48:39 am »

I was wrong, it was his hand, not his foot: the fat from his second finger, right hand is gone. Also, a brown burn on his upper lip.

Probably dipped his finger into the magma and tried to taste it... dwarves are like that sometimes, especially when in badass-mode  8)
But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 09:53:22 am »

Just hope he wont die from infection.
If toady would implement hoods as bsibstitute for hands.. this would be very awesome.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 09:58:56 am »

Obviously, he tested the depth of the magma by hand, and then decided he couldn't let that delicious !!dwarf fat!! go to waste. Turns out, they *do* taste like bacon.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

BurnCruise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 02:03:02 pm »

My lead miner was the only one with multiple kills last time i opened the box. He took the first one out the second it appeared and then, after somehow avoiding attacks by 10 others in a 1 tile wide hall, took out another with a single swing. Miners are the truly insane ones.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 02:49:11 pm »

Obviously he tried to put out the fire on his finger by sticking it in his mouth.
He suck-ceeded.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

agatharchides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 03:35:40 pm »

If toady would implement hoods as bsibstitute for hands.. this would be very awesome.
Just to be sure, that is a type for hooks, right? Hood-hands would be odd and not very effective.
Memento Mori

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2011, 10:29:45 pm »

Just to be sure, that is a type for hooks, right? Hood-hands would be odd and not very effective.

Curses! The Typo-Goblin struck again!   >:(
Yes, I meant hooks..   :-X

psychologicalshock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2011, 10:59:07 pm »

Made me remember an idea - Maybe artifact mechanisms could be attached to stubs to act as functional prosthetics (i.e. dwarf regains full use of the limb)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:56 pm »

Made me remember an idea - Maybe artifact mechanisms could be attached to stubs to act as functional prosthetics (i.e. dwarf regains full use of the limb)

An arm made of adamantine mechanisms?  :o
The damage one legendary wrestler a dorf can deal with such arms!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 11:05:22 pm by Ultimuh »
Pages: [1] 2