Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hidden Seeds  (Read 531 times)

Enkidu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Hidden Seeds
« on: October 20, 2006, 04:26:00 am »

I'm three years into a fortress, and I've had a large farming operation planting exclusively plump helmets for some time.  As a result, I've got nearly 200 plump helmet seeds. Or at least, that's what the kitchen screen says.

My farmers can't seem to locate any seeds except for the occasional new one being created by eating plump helmet I've just received. The other ~180 are nowhere to be found. I've looked through all my barrels and stockpiles, and they're nowhere.  

Is this a known bug? Or am I just missing something/

fmunoz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesnoth.org
Re: Hidden Seeds
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 05:31:00 am »

Have you checked the sacks too?

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 01:18:00 pm »

I'd guess that all your seeds are in a barrel that's slated for hauling to some location.  Until it gets moved, those seeds will be inaccessible.  Have everyone turn on Food Hauling (and possibly Furniture Hauling too) until the hauling backlog is cleared.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 07:53:00 pm »

Yes, hauling backlogs are the source of 95% of these kinds of things.

In general I would suggest having a few haulers who don't haul stone, particuarly while you're still growing your fortress. There is almost always stone to be hauled, and if there are no dwarves who ignore stone sometimes other things can get forgotten for quite a long time.

Pacho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 10:16:00 pm »

You could also temporarily remove your food stockpile so your farmers plant some seeds immediately and then deal with the backlogs.

MikeWulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 11:22:00 am »

I suggest to turn off stone and also wood hauling. I do it every now and then to get everything clean.