Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: All bow to the volcano god!  (Read 1131 times)

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All bow to the volcano god!
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:41:41 pm »

Here's to hoping my dwarves make one or more bolt artifacts in honor of the volcano god, bringer of the ashes of life, that fertilize the ground where they land. xD

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: All bow to the volcano god!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 05:47:39 pm »

We need a god named Toad in Dwarven. He should be depicted as a dwarf and be associated with fortresses.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 05:54:39 pm »

We need a god named Toad in Dwarven. He should be depicted as a dwarf and be associated with fortresses.
Or be a toad associated with fortresses  :D

rangarkash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 05:56:10 pm »

There's not even an Armok in my world, now that I double-checked. This must be rectified as soon as possible!

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58:21 pm »

If I recall correctly, Armok is not even a possible deity name. This can be fixed by some sexual raw editing, though.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 06:55:53 pm »

There's not even an Armok in my world, now that I double-checked. This must be rectified as soon as possible!

That actually bothered me at first, but after reading the "Lore" behind Dwarf Fortress, this sort of makes sense.

Armok making a universe and destroying it on a whim, just for personal entertainment.

(If I'm not mistaken, that is.)
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 07:00:17 pm »

That actually bothered me at first, but after reading the "Lore" behind Dwarf Fortress, this sort of makes sense.

Armok making a universe and destroying it on a whim, just for personal entertainment.

That would be me as a god.

But then again, how do you know I'm not the one true god?  :P

DoctorMonch

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Vivisectionist
    • View Profile
    • History Of Bowmined
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 07:17:29 pm »

But then again, how do you know I'm not the one true god?  :P

ALL HAIL GOD NECRO!

Also, how exactly does the game decide the gods?

I've never once had a god or goddess that was depicted as something other than a dwarf.
You lock MonkeyHead's right upper arm with your left hand!
Don't make me Shift-A>Enter>a>Enter>Enter.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:03 pm »

I guess it's random. The only non-dwarf god I ever got was a goat. So it was a goat göt.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »

Considering Armok apparently is supposed to be exactly a joke about the player...
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.