Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Fortress Defense mod: how do you do it?  (Read 1652 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Defense mod: how do you do it?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 12:34:46 am »

Easiest way? Drawbridges over ~6 z level falls.  Create long entry passages and channel them out until you think that nothing can survive a fall from the drawbridge over the hall o' death.  Bonus: spikes at the bottom Bonus: repeating spikes at the bottom  Dorfiness bonus: set up a magma/air cycle to burn the survivors alive.

Actually, I digress, the easiest way would just be to create a self-sustaining fort that never opens up, but you wouldn't play Fort Defense if you wanted to do that.

Trickysticks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 06:20:02 pm »

I just remove the trapavoid tags from them. Though that doesn't help me that much when they're fully decked out in steel D:

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 08:12:04 pm »

Low levels of trap evasion (like elite troops) can the best friend of a serious dodge trap 10+ z levels on either side of a pathway filled with 5 traps loaded with anything (crap elves drop or sell, goblin weapons, wooden training swords).  The weapons don't matter, the mechanisms barely matter, what really kills the poor gobbos is their own inborn dodging ability. They dodge once and *splat*.

Actual [TRAPAVOID] can still be downed with cave-ins, ideally into the same traps they are avoiding.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 08:14:01 pm by thegoatgod_pan »
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 09:56:36 pm »

*sigh* all I see is "Traps traps traps traps"

I give my guys axes and tell them to fight. Surprisingly, most make it out alive. Guess I'm just lucky...Except for the soapmaker. Wow, did they ever beat him up. His status menu had more wounds than a beat up zombie badgerman...

And he lived. Painfully. But, lived. But he's dead now, I...had an...accident. With demonic forces. He died valiantly.

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.

wuphonsreach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2011, 12:13:50 am »

It wouldn't be such an issue if TRAPAVOID wasn't a binary yes/no flag, but some sort of percentage (modified by the quality of the mechanism used in the trap).

Then you could have stuff like trolls which are clumsy, not so smart and pretty much score a negative on trap-avoidance even with base quality mechanisms.  While titans might be TRAPAVOID:100 with a near-zero chance to set off even an artifact trap (maybe a hard lower limit of at least 1% chance on trap triggering).

(sigh) I'm sure it's in the suggestion forum somewhere...
Pages: 1 [2]