Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Your Worst Video Game Luck  (Read 7589 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your Worst Video Game Luck
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:15 pm »

@Moogie Those are awesome, but Lord Dullard still wins.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 11:18:46 pm »

May as well repost this.

That's a nuke timer. The message bar shows that my invulnerability powerup just ended.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 11:48:28 pm »

Ohhhhh boy, that's never good...
My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 12:39:56 am »

Oh man, this level on Super Hard Mode is super hard!
*checkpoint* Thank goodness! It took me an hour to get here from the last one!
*dies* Oh well, at least I got the checkpoint.
*loading* *dies immediately* Um..
*loading* *dies immediately*
*loading* *dies immediately* FUUUUU

At least once for every game, I swear.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 12:43:43 am »

Alright! I'm near the exit! *jumped and killed by rednecks*

Ahh... Good thing I saved near th-

Oh fuck... I forgot to save.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 12:44:34 am »

Speaking of save issues and Super Hard Mode: Whenever Dragon Age Origins screws me out of progress because it very rarely autosaves and semi-reguarly crashes, I'm angry as hell, but I can deal. Then there's it freezing/total party killing me after a long saveless period on Nightmare. My rage does not translate into words at that point.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2011, 01:02:06 am »

Civ: 3, spearman in a metropolis vs one of my MBTs. Guess what happens.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 01:07:20 am »

It's Civ.  That's not really unusual luck.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 01:17:37 am »

Well, since this is the bad luck thread, rather than normal things thread, it crushed your MBT, and then proceeded to crusade through all of your nearby cities, leaving you with one city, at which point all the others promptly allied against you, causing you to lose?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 01:24:54 am »

The spearmen killed your MBT and then they 16x wiped your drives.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 02:18:34 am »

Never forget that within those layers of reactive armor, behind those impressive electronics and optics, loading that 105mm main gun, there are still squishy humans just as vulnerable to pointy sticks as they were 2000 years before.

Worst luck that comes immediately to mind for me, playing Megaman 1. I was fighting one of the bosses, forget which. I managed to kill the boss, but one of his bullets that lingered on the screen killed me afterwards. I'm of the Mario school of thought, that if you kill a boss, his projectiles should disappear as well.

Certainly not the worst that's ever happened to me, just the first that came to mind.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 03:35:07 am »

Headshoted with first arrow fired from across the map at the start of the battle in Mount and Blade:Warband.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:23 am »

Fallout 2, a couple weeks ago.

Man, I know I only put 1 into Luck, but those shotgun blasts to the eyes should really do more than 17 damage.

I also feel that I missed on 95% accuracy shots a disproportionately large amount of times.

Somewhat similar is Jagged Alliance 2, slightly less than a couple weeks ago.  He was dual-wielding, but even then, my IMP guy had ambidextrous and maxed-in-chargen marksmanship, and it was still pretty rare for him to hit anything.  Fox, who only had... 73 marksmanship, I think - 12 less than the IMP guy - was hitting near everything I told her to shoot.  And Bull, the real soldier of the group, was a pretty terrible shot as well.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 05:34:57 am »

You want bad luck?

The first time i've tried this, one of my squad members got spotted, far, far away. He missed the mutant he was aiming at, and the bullet hit one of the mines, half the map away.
It was an Ironman Game too...

At least the second time i did pull it off  :o

Edit : Yes, there were no mines before. I disarmed every single mine on the entire map, and rearmed near the sleeping dude. Just for screenshots and giggles

Speaking of Fallout Tactics.. Ironman, last 3 missions have to be done at once, no saves. You die - you have to re-do all three.. Now.. Near the end of second one i killed a rather big robot, but its "corpse" blocked the only way you could go.. No, corpses don't disappear, nor can you destroy them.
It was a bad day.

Somewhat similar is Jagged Alliance 2, slightly less than a couple weeks ago.  He was dual-wielding, but even then, my IMP guy had ambidextrous and maxed-in-chargen marksmanship, and it was still pretty rare for him to hit anything.  Fox, who only had... 73 marksmanship, I think - 12 less than the IMP guy - was hitting near everything I told her to shoot.  And Bull, the real soldier of the group, was a pretty terrible shot as well.

Try Meduna tiger arena with freshly recruited MERC guys  :)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 05:42:17 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

AlStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 11:10:50 am »

In a game of Bloodbowl, one of my players made a 3 die block against an opponent.

The dice used for Bloodbowl have 6 sides: 1 hit, 1 trip, 2 pushes, 1 both down and 1 'skull'. The skull result means that your own player will be hurt, while the opposing player does not... it's bad.

Anyway, so, 3 die block, meaning I roll three dice, and get to choose which one to pick.

I roll skull, skull, skull. So that's 1/6*1/6*1/6, so a 1/216 chance. Ok, poor luck, so I use my team reroll.
Reroll is skull, skull, skull.

That's a 1/46,656 chance there. Woo!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4