Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Goblin Recycling Center  (Read 1853 times)

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Recycling Center
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 11:45:07 pm »

maybe have a room full of lignite blocks that are burning then throw them inside? That way you can get rid of their clothing and still have their weapons and armour. Just remember to douse the flames.(^_^)

nanomage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Goblin Recycling Center
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 12:14:21 am »

I believe magma will leave bones and iron goods intact. Is it important to keep the copper?
nope, bones dissolve into smoke in magma. however, goblin bones are 1x so no much use in them except that they are goblin bones
Also you can't use goblin bones without modding the ethics of the dwarven entity.
Unless you use hacked-off bits from when they were alive, last I checked.
I have built a 12z tower with narrow brigdes and spikes and bolts everywhere in my last fort and i have made some observations on how goblin and troll bones can be acquired and used.
On impact, a healthy non-wounded goblin  blows into 6 parts:
left upper leg
right upper leg
left upper arm
right upper arm
head
mutilated corpse
Limbs and head rot to yield unusable white z's with the same name - just that game implies they become "skeletal" left/right upper arm/leg.
Limbless headless mutilated corpse finally becomes a usable stack of 6-8 goblin bones, while still continuing to be depicted as "g" of goblin's old colour.
Out of this stack, all bones but last one can be made into goods. The last bone  is still depicted as "g" and says: "Song McUnhappyInvader's bone".

There is also a possibility of hacked-off limbs becoming usable bones, from what i mentioned, to acquire a bone one must chop a hand from a goblin than chop his lower arm then upper arm. Hand will retain it's name and uselessness after rotting, and other pieces of arm will be usable goblin bones depicted as white z's.

However, with the latter technique one can never promise that goblin wouldn't get killed or bleed to the death before all his limbs are sliced away.

So, the only practical way of producing goblin bones is dumping them into a high shaft. This reliably produces 5-7 usable bones.

Pages: 1 [2]