Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gorlak won't drink!  (Read 453 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Gorlak won't drink!
« on: April 05, 2011, 01:27:31 pm »

He just blinks a thirsty blue arrow--tried penning him in a booze stockpile, a room with a ramp to some water, a room perpetually running with water.  So far nothing.  Am I facing one more dead gorlak (armok forbid) or is there options I could try?
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Gorlak won't drink!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 01:31:33 pm »

First - how did you get a Gorlak that needs to drink?  I assume though modding, since they're not tamable by default.

If he's like a tigerman, he needs a water source zone that is over fresh water.  Tigermen won't drink booze, won't use a well, won't drink salt water, and seem to need a water source zone in order to drink.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:34:47 pm »

Why do you need so many Gorlaks anyway?  :-\

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 01:39:02 pm »

I keep just the one, for the conversation, as the raws suggest, also I just gave pretty much everything that dwells below the [pet] tag
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 02:12:56 pm »

canceling the pasture saved the day!