Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: nobleman wants a diamond item in his room  (Read 792 times)

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
nobleman wants a diamond item in his room
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:16:00 am »

I'm not 100% sure this is a bug, because maybe there's some way of accomplishing this.

But as far as I know there is no way to create a diamond item that is also placable?

flap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: nobleman wants a diamond item in his room
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:22:00 am »

Windows maybe

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 11:29:00 am »

I thought about that, but that's 9 diamonds and I'd rather just drown the nobleman than waste all that.

Also I assume it's still not intended since noblemen ask for windows as a separate type of demand.

Draxxalon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:30:00 am »

The only way I have been able to satisfy this is with a window.

Demands are forgotten after a while, at which point, dismantle the window, and reclaim the gems.

Hopefully this is one of the demands that Toady took out.

qalnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »

Oh shit you're right, I had it in my head that he posted that change for the last patch, not the upcoming. My apologies.

ctrlfrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 02:26:00 pm »

would a diamond encrusted item not do?

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 02:43:00 pm »

No, it won't, at least not right now.  And unlike building a window, encrusting is irreversible, so you're really better off with the window anyway.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Satyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by qalnor:
<STRONG>I thought about that, but that's 9 diamonds and I'd rather just drown the nobleman than waste all that. </STRONG>

Even a window made completly out of diamonds would only need three diamonds. And it might even work with a window made e.g. out of one diamond and two aventurins, though I never tried that.

quote:
<STRONG>
Also I assume it's still not intended since noblemen ask for windows as a separate type of demand.</STRONG>

To my knowledge demands can be for item types  (tables), materials (onyx item), or both (marble statue). As diamonds count as material and windows as item type, I don't think there's any direct relation between those two demands.

[ October 19, 2006: Message edited by: Satyr ]

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 05:17:00 pm »

quote:
Even a window made completly out of diamonds would only need three diamonds. And it might even work with a window made e.g. out of one diamond and two aventurins, though I never tried that.
You'd probably want to use one diamond and two pieces of cut green glass.  Ooo, stingy.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One