Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77667 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #690 on: May 15, 2011, 09:06:15 am »

I'm glad I tried this idea out, in any case. I'm very new to forum games so it's good practice.

Okay, time to play the turn ASAP.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:15 am »

I must admit, despite the waste of wood I did find it quite amusing how the incident happened in the same post-report-thing of the SMASHER actually being constructed... "Build me a smasher! Now smash everything! Now... er... me? No... how could you suspect me!?" No offence to whoever made it anyway. I dunno who you are. I'm still voting Dorna... I think? I dunno, that Captain of the Guard was preeetty mean to me...

Would you have wanted me to imprison you for almost one season and miss out on goblin christmas ?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 15, 2011, 09:12:59 am »

I dunno. Goblin Christmas was a bit of a let down. :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 15, 2011, 09:20:23 am »

I dunno. Goblin Christmas was a bit of a let down. :P

We haven't unwrapped the presents yet, mind you.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 15, 2011, 09:33:27 am »

Bah, melt them down and make everyone steel goodies. :P
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 16, 2011, 11:04:09 am »

Dorna walked outside into the sun, wincing slightly at the pang of nausea that came over her, like it did most dwarves, but managing to swallow it down.  It wouldn't be right to vomit on the main entrance.  Wind blowing through her hair, she looked over the valley as she thought over the events that had happened.  "Another death... I don't know who's been doing all this but I need to find who.  And figure out how to deal with them as well."  She sighed.  "Well, at least I'll be able to make the power facility soon.  Windmills, and probably a few water wheels on some sort of closed water pump loop or something.  But how will I-"

Dorna froze, her eyes looking out over the valley again, but in a particular direction.  A moment's pause, then her eyes traced from one end of the wall to the other.  "HFS, why didn't I see it before?"  She whirled around and headed back into the fort.  "Get me the carpenters!  Or Greymist, or someone, whoever knows how to build water wheels!  We'll harness the POWER OF THE RIVER!!!!"

OOC: Yeah just plop these orders in the middle of the turn, because I LITERALLY had a flash of inspiration regarding this.  Why make a massive power facility with ridiculously long axles when we can get the power we need for the pumps from the river?  Have dwarves make water wheels on one side of the river, leaving space for a bridge.  We'll do the other side at a later point.

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 16, 2011, 09:58:06 pm »

Bah, melt them down and make everyone steel goodies. :P

assuming you're in good enough shape to work the forges.  :P
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2011, 10:17:06 am »

Why you...  >:(

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2011, 03:39:07 pm »

EmperorJon has made a full recovery on his own from the beating. Bayar's got some really low physical stats. It was more of a "slapping about" than a beating.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 17, 2011, 04:12:25 pm »

EmperorJon has made a full recovery on his own from the beating. Bayar's got some really low physical stats. It was more of a "slapping about" than a beating.
Nerd Slap Fight?

andyman564

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 17, 2011, 09:31:48 pm »

bah, weakling. i would've ensured that he was bedridden for at least a season. now THAT would be dwarven justice.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah.  Thus why I didn't make a trap.  In it's current state the fortress didn't need a trap, the whole damn fortress is a trap.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 17, 2011, 09:42:07 pm »

At least until he gets a hammer.  In the meantime, gives new meaning to the term "Slap on the wrist", eh?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 18, 2011, 11:21:08 am »

Sorry everyone. I'm moving to a new country soon and so I've been pretty busy. The turn's almost done though!
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 18, 2011, 11:14:53 pm »

I'm musing myself while waiting for the turn, by thinking about the old Roll to Dodge games where people would be anticipating new rolls as they called it, and people would post 'Rolls now please!' and then others would post pictures of bread and cars and the like. So, I thought, what if someone started doing the same here, asking for the turn we are all waiting on?

Well the first one is easy:

Then I thought, ok lets get a little more clever:

Maybe if the turn went wrong?

I could randomly go on, but I figure I've been bored enough for all this, that I don't need anymore. I even thought a bit there, to start some sort of comedy routine, where the straight guy keeps asking for the turn, while the other keeps miss hearing it, offering up pictures of ferns, burns, urns, churns, maybe even the dragonriders of PERN. XD

yes I was very tired when I wrote all this, so that's the excuse I will claim.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 20, 2011, 06:15:20 pm »

Bumpitybump?
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48