Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77691 times)

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #660 on: May 12, 2011, 04:00:51 pm »

Shall we leave it another day to see if anyone sets anyone else for traitor? I mean, we had another traitorous action recently. Then we can get the poll out and vote them. Then after about 3 days or whatever, vote on punishment... >:D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29:25 pm »

brown= tables.
dark gray= chairs.
black= walls.
light gray= the very top part of the prepared food and drink stockpile, for reference.

Hmm. Two chairs sharing the same table makes dwarves unhappy, I think?

But carry on. Still reading with much interest. And let's see if that GCS eats anyone. :p

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 12, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »

Get me a map of the area where we found the magma, I want to see where I can make room for the temp facility and the pump stack.

These are the two lowest levels of the staircase. For the bottom pic the stairs are hovering right over magma.

Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 12, 2011, 04:47:41 pm »

Hmm. Two chairs sharing the same table makes dwarves unhappy, I think?

Ah, you are correct:

Quote from: DF Wiki
Multiple dwarves may use the same table, but they will receive a small unhappy thought if this happens.

This is easily remedied. This is also only the first of a few dining room projects I have in mind, which explains the small size of the room. I like the aesthetic of smaller but more numerous dining rooms with different personalities. For a roleplaying explanation, Rev is an impatient dwarf who rushes into new projects and then moves onto something else if it proves to be too much work, as his personality profile implies.

NEW PLAN:

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 12, 2011, 04:54:05 pm »

Ii could be wrong but I thought chairs next to walls gave a bad 'cramped dining' thought?

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 12, 2011, 05:35:31 pm »

I could be wrong but I thought chairs next to walls gave a bad 'cramped dining' thought?

I couldn't find anything about this. I'm sure it's fine.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 12, 2011, 07:19:46 pm »

I could be wrong but I thought chairs next to walls gave a bad 'cramped dining' thought?

I couldn't find anything about this. I'm sure it's fine.
Famous last words.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 12, 2011, 11:40:45 pm »

I'm pretty much on repeat for as far as Aqua's orders go.

The cavern area is looking spiffy. Did the croc get placed in it yet? I'd like to get a couple statues to frame the entrance, and maybe designate the area as a communal garden. Preferably some statues of fish or something of the like. Maybe even out of metal if we have an abundance of non-useful types like copper. Though I know all around there are orders to be filled for all types of craftsmen-err craftsdwarfs.

Other than that, I'm sure Aqua and Squwi or whatever the other dwarf's name is, would love to get in on the armor equipping and caged creature beatdown.

Oh and to honor my apprentice(At least I think greasebeard was my apprentice)'s loss, I'd like to order a memorial for Greasebeard's child placed in the cavern as well. A slab engraved for the child, whenever there is a mason who isn't doing nothing but making blocks for whatever later useage.

Along with that, I suppose Aqua will be looking to talk to someone with mechanical know-how. As I'm horrible designing any of those sort of things, but what I'd like is a pump stack waterfall using a windmill built on top of the cavern garden. I'm not even sure if it's possible, so looking for ideas. Drainage at least should be easy with the aquafier on the bottom level.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 13, 2011, 06:06:06 am »

Along with that, I suppose Aqua will be looking to talk to someone with mechanical know-how. As I'm horrible designing any of those sort of things, but what I'd like is a pump stack waterfall using a windmill built on top of the cavern garden. I'm not even sure if it's possible, so looking for ideas. Drainage at least should be easy with the aquafier on the bottom level.
Dorna added a little note to the corner of the plans she was working on.  "Note to self... double power output of Power Facility for any other projects others may desire.  Triple if possible."

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 13, 2011, 07:21:51 am »

The cavern area is looking spiffy. Did the croc get placed in it yet? I'd like to get a couple statues to frame the entrance, and maybe designate the area as a communal garden. Preferably some statues of fish or something of the like. Maybe even out of metal if we have an abundance of non-useful types like copper. Though I know all around there are orders to be filled for all types of craftsmen-err craftsdwarfs.

Other than that, I'm sure Aqua and Squwi or whatever the other dwarf's name is, would love to get in on the armor equipping and caged creature beatdown.

Oh and to honor my apprentice(At least I think greasebeard was my apprentice)'s loss, I'd like to order a memorial for Greasebeard's child placed in the cavern as well. A slab engraved for the child, whenever there is a mason who isn't doing nothing but making blocks for whatever later useage.

Along with that, I suppose Aqua will be looking to talk to someone with mechanical know-how. As I'm horrible designing any of those sort of things, but what I'd like is a pump stack waterfall using a windmill built on top of the cavern garden. I'm not even sure if it's possible, so looking for ideas. Drainage at least should be easy with the aquifer on the bottom level.

Windmills need to be outside to work, for starters.

Cavern water however has no water source attached to it, so it should be possible without flooding.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: May 13, 2011, 02:05:38 pm »

I've been doing some planning for a smelting area and such.

Anyway, we seem to have no iron.

Also a question, did anyone bury that child that got killed? Hahah! I can see the fort filling with bodies because nobody said 'Clean up bodies'.

I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: May 13, 2011, 02:11:43 pm »

Along with that, I suppose Aqua will be looking to talk to someone with mechanical know-how. As I'm horrible designing any of those sort of things, but what I'd like is a pump stack waterfall using a windmill built on top of the cavern garden. I'm not even sure if it's possible, so looking for ideas. Drainage at least should be easy with the aquifer on the bottom level.

Windmills need to be outside to work, for starters.

Cavern water however has no water source attached to it, so it should be possible without flooding.

I meant my artificial cavern, it should only be 1 z level away from outside, and it has an aquafier for water source at the bottom. I just wanted a perpetual waterfall.
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: May 13, 2011, 02:48:14 pm »

That can work with little issues.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: May 14, 2011, 08:36:02 am »

Once I get some prans for the forges from Dorna/EJ, the next turn'll be on.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: May 14, 2011, 08:39:57 am »

Well I'd rather let them get on with their pumpstack idea or whatever and just build a little temporary smelting area. The major one can be planned when the magma's a little higher. :D
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 48