Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77703 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #615 on: May 06, 2011, 01:00:43 pm »

Cage traps or weapon traps? Or a delicious melange?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: May 06, 2011, 01:24:18 pm »

Cage traps or weapon traps? Or a delicious melange?
THAT is up to Urist.  If he approves of the idea, he'll be in charge of those two passages.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: May 06, 2011, 01:40:08 pm »

I like it. As for the traps, I'll work on the following setup:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This would give us some corpses immediately and more once the military's done with them. I hope we have some good butcher URISTs. As for what to pur in the traps, I'd recommend serrated discs, and EmperorJon will have the final decision on material. Eventually, I wish to completely fill both tunnels, but that will likely have to wait until magma becomes available. I'm also going to hold off on pressure-plate traps until we have magma as well.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:42:37 pm by Urist Imiknorris »
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: May 06, 2011, 02:07:20 pm »

I like it. As for the traps, I'll work on the following setup:

This would give us some corpses immediately and more once the military's done with them. I hope we have some good butcher URISTs. As for what to pur in the traps, I'd recommend serrated discs, and EmperorJon will have the final decision on material. Eventually, I wish to completely fill both tunnels, but that will likely have to wait until magma becomes available. I'm also going to hold off on pressure-plate traps until we have magma as well.
As you wish, though I figured the pressure plates would simply close up the drawbridges at the end.  That way if anything made it through, they wouldn't make it into the fort itself.  Unless it has trap-avoid.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:04 pm »

Hmm, I'll happily smith some disks when I'm ou t of prison. Whatever metal we can get that's decent. I'm worried we have no iron. :S
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:40 pm »

Hmm, I'll happily smith some disks when I'm ou t of prison. Whatever metal we can get that's decent. I'm worried we have no iron. :S

Some players had exploratory mining as a suggestion. We'll have to trade for metals in the meantime. By the way, the trade caravan is going to be asking us what we want for next season as soon as I unpause. I assume "all the iron/steel they can lug over?"

I'm going to play the turn next chunk of free time I get now that Dorna and Imiknorris have offered up their cavern plans.

The general plan right now seems to be focusing on delving for magma and getting cavern defences set up. I'm going to have Gordy making glass parts for magma pumping along with his construction materials. EJ will make cages, copper trap components and use the steel/silver to forge high-quality weapons for Jacen, Crazyteddles, Aqua and Unibot and probably make a suit of steel mail for IPunchFaces since he's a wrestler and needs the defence. IPunchFaces and his new partner in pummeling IKickShins will scout the entire cavern map while the rest of the military defends the construction. Aaronius will make some wooden cages and round off the number of beds. Everyone not mentioned will be following their orders as posted, naturally.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: May 06, 2011, 02:46:05 pm »

Be sure to order GOLD, and other random metals in lower demands.

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: May 06, 2011, 04:23:11 pm »

Activated labors:Farming, Butchery, and Bone Carving.

Puppies go in cage.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: May 06, 2011, 04:47:55 pm »

Huh, barbarian! I refuse to eat the meat of Dorf's Best Friend. And, while were at it, no kittens either. I like... STEAK. And BACON. And sausages. And of course, everyone loves Elephant meat. :D
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: May 06, 2011, 08:25:39 pm »

Puppies go in cage.

Is that side room for the butcher shop? And do you want that upper section expanded on if there's time? Simple construction usually goes pretty fast unless you're PBD in which case it takes years :P
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

RathofSTS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: May 06, 2011, 08:56:53 pm »

Puppies go in cage.

Is that side room for the butcher shop? And do you want that upper section expanded on if there's time? Simple construction usually goes pretty fast unless you're PBD in which case it takes years :P
Build a butcher shop in room and dig out a room left of it and put in craftshop.
Kennels:
If the upper section can be expanded I would like a second floor with a roof.
Also expand lower part of it. It will be for grazers that will be butchered.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: May 08, 2011, 05:03:29 am »

Er... what happened!? Why's it gone quiet!  ;D

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: May 08, 2011, 05:26:23 am »

It's just resting. I'm sure updates will be coming soon.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: May 08, 2011, 08:50:58 am »

Er... what happened!? Why's it gone quiet!  ;D

That means I've got the 100% go-ahead to play a turn! I had classes yesterday and I also wanted to give a few players the chance to give orders before continuing but it looks like we're all set.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: May 08, 2011, 03:17:14 pm »

This turn'll take a little longer because I'm taking the time to establish burrows, restructure the way URISTs do labour to ensure that basic needs are fulfilled and working out uniforms for the military. I had some conflicts on startup involving IPunchFaces' squad putting on and taking off leather armour/mail shirts over and over again. Hopefully there'll be an update tomorrow!
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 48