Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77713 times)

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2011, 06:11:22 am »

XD That was hilarious Chessrook.

"Oh, they found the body more or less inteact. They just didn't find the bones."
"Oh.  OH. OH MY GOD!"

XD
Thanks!  OOCly I figured this could also be used as a reasonable way to excuse nobles from being suspected of traitors JUST because they're doing noble stuff.  No matter WHAT fort you're in, the Noble's Guild has its eye on everyone.  EVERYONE.
i thought nobles were still broken.
I mean nobles that are still around.  Like the mayor and Baron/Duke/Count etc.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2011, 06:48:58 am »

"Now that the wood issue has been fixed, we need to focus on getting this keep built. We'll need to adjust it a bit though. In the dormitory we should build a 2X2 upward staircase in the middle, cover up the rest of the floor with wood.

"He wants it all made out of what?", stammered the glassmaker, sitting around a table sharing a mug of dwarven wine, "Why, er, for the same cost in wood we could have it made from glass. For Armoks sake, we have stone in plenty and the smiths waiting on charcoal besides. Wood is for, er, burning or turning into beds, not construction like some elf."

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2011, 08:29:25 am »

Uhhhhhh i didnt request for captain of the guard, I wanted her to be (rightfully) voted in as militia commander, which is her standing official position right now...

Well then! That's perfect! She's definitely militia commander.

OOC: STILL waiting on that Cavern map, Plisskin.

We didn't get to scout the caverns much last season due to goblins and my wanting to make sure every soldier had armour before they went down and got paralysed and devoured by a GCS. Spring I will have IPunchFaces and IKickShins, along with any other soldiers who are interested, explore the entirety of them.

One problem with exporting the .bmp images is that if there are no buildings on a layer, DF won't take a picture of it. So much of the caverns can't be put in as part of the DFMA map, they're just omitted. I'll post screenshots instead of each layer.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 08:48:06 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2011, 08:38:16 am »

XD That was hilarious Chessrook.

"Oh, they found the body more or less inteact. They just didn't find the bones."
"Oh.  OH. OH MY GOD!"

XD
Thanks!  OOCly I figured this could also be used as a reasonable way to excuse nobles from being suspected of traitors JUST because they're doing noble stuff.  No matter WHAT fort you're in, the Noble's Guild has its eye on everyone.  EVERYONE.

What did I call the socialite's guild? Silvertongue, oh yes. They're run by a Legendary Comedian with impossibly high standards. He's set the bar for nobility: it is expected of you to demand constant valuables and imprison others over trifles in exchange for the privilege of hearing your high culture witticisms and drinking from the same booze tap as you. Actual "leadership" and "doing things" is for workshop bosses and other middle management. No true noble would debase themselves with such menial trivialities.

Besides the doctor's guild they're the most evil and scheming so you've got it right. lol prop-up backstory.

HERE BE THE CAVERNS AS EXPLORED, TOP TO BOTTOM:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 09:02:52 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2011, 10:49:18 am »

Mmm, looking at that map I think you have two perfect spots for your traps.  Those corridors on the lowest level just south-south-east and southwest of the main stairwell.  Narrow, easily trapped, not much space for flying creatures to fly over... the fort itself I'm looking at securing the areas around the underground lake.  I'll probably make a map when I get home from work.  That'll probably be the next project for everyone but the miners.  The miners will likely keep trying to dig to the magma.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: May 05, 2011, 12:21:06 pm »

Ok, *cracks knuckles* i feel like going abit in depth.

Spera literally spit the beer she was drinking at the moment all over the back of a urist in front of her as she heard her name said in the running for captain of the guard. She quickly apologized to the urist and proceeded to make her way more towards the stage. Her and Dorna were going to have words about this whole captain of the guard thing. She olny wanted to be militia commander after all...
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: May 05, 2011, 03:29:22 pm »

REV'S ORDERS ARE TO BUILD THIS WORKSHOP AREA!

The speech bubble diagonal to the front door is a slab I want constructed there. Place a note on top of the slab to pretend that it is a sign. The slab will read:

THE RALLOGEM COOKING COMPANY
NO NON-EMPLOYEE URISTS ALLOWED PAST THE SECOND DOOR

Has this been completed?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: May 05, 2011, 06:46:35 pm »

How is th eprogress on my sky fortress?

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: May 05, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »

ORDERS FOR THE SEASON: McStewart and Rev will cook easy, fine, and lavish meals on repeat. Sherlock will guard Rev's workshop burrow. McStewart will use public kitchens instead of Rev's kitchen.

I will be voting for a traitor this time around, but I will not accuse anyone until the voting actually commences.

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: May 06, 2011, 07:12:21 am »

oh yah.. almost forgot my orders.... erll then...

ORDERS: Spera will continue training with her apprentice, if somthing small, cute, and shootable wanders onto the map, please have them go give it a very dwarfy welcome.
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: May 06, 2011, 07:34:38 am »

I think I have enough orders to play the next turn, but there's still quite a few players who haven't given me orders in some time. Let me see if I've gotten this right!

Also, the poll for Captain of the Guard is up! Read, or callously ignore, Unibot and Bayar's posts for candidacy and vote wisely! Whoever gets more votes is the winner.

Traitor-handling will be done after this is out of the way so that the new Captain can be in place to dispense with justice.

HAVE GIVEN ORDERS SINCE LAST POST:

RTiger
Aqua
Babalos
PBD
Unibot
Gordy
Bayar
Rev
Spera

HAVE LONG-STANDING OR OVERDUE ORDERS:

Lekza
Aaronius
Crazyteddles
IPunchFaces
Besmar McHolmes
Valrandir

HAVE NOT HAD FRESH ORDERS FOR SEVERAL TURNS:

Greymist
Stiric
Johnny Digs
Mipe
Blunderbooze (Still can't make mead and I don't know why I can't)

NEEDS A JAIL TO BE CHAINED UP IN:

EmperorJon
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: May 06, 2011, 10:55:43 am »

I'm the best dorf in my whole category... :rollz:
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:20 am »

Ironically enough you forgot to put Dorna on that list!

Don't worry, I should have my orders nailed down fairly soon.

And as for a jail... well, truth be told one of the only ways a Noble has been able to get out of being targeted by the Noble's Guild for shirking duties is to "conveniently forget" about a jail.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: May 06, 2011, 12:49:01 pm »

Dorna walked up to the meeting hall, a few papers in her hands as she scanned over it.  Seeing Urist (That being, Urist the mechanic, not one of the URISTs), she walked up to him and smiled.  "Urist, I wanted to talk to you."

The dwarf put his mug of ale down and turned in his seat.  "Yus Mayor?  What did you want to discuss?"

Dorna spread out the papers she had, revealing them to be a map of the caverns.  "I've been looking at making a small fort around the main stairwell in the caverns.  I heard you had some things you wanted to do, so I wanted to run them over with you."  She pointed at several spots on the map...
"Here, here, and here I was planning on building some walls and drawbridges.  Those bridges will probably stay up unless we need to explore."

Urist looked over the map.  "I was planning on setting some traps around the caves... what use is this to me if the drawbridges are up?"

Dorna smiled and moved the sheet of paper out of the way, revealing another sheet.  "Simple.  It'll funnel creatures into these two tunnels."
Dorna pointed at the two passages.  "They're narrow, the one on the right has a low ceiling, and with all other routes sealed off they're the only way any creatures will be able to get in.  The pass on the right is idea, while the one on the left... while small, it has an overhang that, if we can figure out a way to trap creatures inside, will give our marksdwarves some good target practice."  She rubbed her chin.  "If I put you in charge of the traps, d'you think you could rig something up with pressure plates?"

Urist looked over the sheets, a hand stroking his beard.  "Let me go over these plans of yours, and I'll see what I can do."

Dorna nodded, taking the map of the upper cavern back.  "You can keep the map of the passages, I need to show the location of the walls to the masons, see if they can get the walls up."

OOC: Orders are to tell the masons to build the bridges and walls as per the descriptions in the upper portion of the designated maps.  If Urist approves of this idea, Urist can take charge of the traps, walls, and bridges of the lower passages and alter those plans as needed or desired.  Aside from that, tell the miners to keep digging and a dwarf or two to scout the caverns a bit.  You MAY need to make some creative liberties with the northwest wall, however, due to the hill there.  This is just a staging base for now, we may try to get more of the caverns at some later point.  Aside from that, Dorna will wander around, make mechanisms, and hook up the bridges to levers in the control room.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 48