Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77776 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #540 on: May 02, 2011, 07:51:13 am »

Leather isn't good enough.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: May 02, 2011, 08:48:42 am »

I haven't updated due to local wireless issues, but I assure everyone that the armour issue was dealt with. EJ pumped out about nine suits of copper mail, meaning all dwarves stationed in the caverns have at least a layer of protection, and we have five bars of steel with which to make either armour or weapons. The fuel issue was solved VERY easily with some labour rearrangement and we now have more logs than we can efficiently burn with our current wood furnace setup.

I'll write that issue into the update so that EmperorJon or others can start thinking of how to reform the smithing in the fort next season: do we play it safe and rebuild a bigger wood-based forge or dive head-first for magma? And if we do the wood-based forge, how do we ferry the logs down there in time? An old fort of mine I built a "Log elevator" that consisted of a quantum dump of logs on a retractable bridge over a pit that went straight down to the forges 4 or 5 Z-levels below. Magma will naturally be smarter in the long-run, though, especially if we let Gordy the Glassdwarf use the charcoal to make green glass pump parts.

This turn is a bit difficult in terms of organization: so much detail in the orders. I really like it but it's more time consuming to catalogue everything. And I've got another dorf to dorf while we're at it.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 09:05:49 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 02, 2011, 09:06:47 am »

Yay ! Gatekeep will be back on schedule !

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 02, 2011, 09:12:28 am »

Yay ! Gatekeep will be back on schedule !

And somehow the S.M.A.S.H.E.R. managed to not crush . . . more than 6 beds. I don't know why it didn't do its job but our bed-count is nowhere close to suffering. Oh well! Beds for everyone!
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 02, 2011, 10:17:55 am »

I sincerely hope they don't have trolls. I'm going to lock the place down and do my best to repel them.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:53:15 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 02, 2011, 11:15:20 am »

I sincerely hope they don't have trolls. I'm going to lock the place down and do my best to repel them.
Wait for them to get near the bridge, then have Dorna retract it as the cages get full.  With the right timing a few will fall in the water.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 02, 2011, 01:04:08 pm »

Wait them out.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 02, 2011, 03:44:55 pm »

LOCKDOWN. LET NO ONE IN. LOCK ALL DOORS. CLOSE THE GATES. WATCH THE GATE LEVER FOR ANY FOUL PLAY. FULL ALERT! FULL ALERT!

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 02, 2011, 04:36:34 pm »

So the guys on the outside say that we have a goblin infestation. There are two possible solutions to this issue. If they have bows, lock the gates and wait them out. They'll get bored and go back to their dark erections. If they don't have any sort of ranged weaponry, lock the gates and begin taunting them from the palisades like the empty-headed pig-dogs they are.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 02, 2011, 04:45:23 pm »

I CHANGED MY MIND. I WILL DEFEND GATE LEVER AND WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO BE PULLED WITHOUT SOMEONE IN CHARGE TELLING ME TO.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 02, 2011, 06:43:08 pm »

HIDE! HIDE DEAR LORD HIDE! HIDE FOR YM LIFE! AAAAAAAAH!

When finished, in several years, my grand project will make sure sieges don't even scratch us. And heck, I'll just say it now: My project will be a floating mini-fortress, maybe even eventually not even a mini fortress.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 02, 2011, 07:04:44 pm »

I CHANGED MY MIND. I WILL DEFEND GATE LEVER AND WILL NOT ALLOW IT TO BE PULLED WITHOUT SOMEONE IN CHARGE TELLING ME TO.
You mean the control room.  By standing outside it and making sure nobody but me goes in, as per my earlier orders.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 02, 2011, 07:13:52 pm »

Exactly. Just in caps.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 02, 2011, 07:34:20 pm »

You mean the control room.  By standing outside it and making sure nobody but me goes in, as per my earlier orders.

Rev raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry for the int'rruption of your duties, 'mayor', but I find error with your obvious dis'rrgard for the peoples' self-governance... I'm sure your voters didn't pull the lever for you to keep secrets,"

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 02, 2011, 09:07:15 pm »

Rev raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry for the int'rruption of your duties, 'mayor', but I find error with your obvious dis'rrgard for the peoples' self-governance... I'm sure your voters didn't pull the lever for you to keep secrets,"
"There are no secrets to be kept.  As stated earlier, dear Rev, due to the whole issue with the beds being destroyed and the deaths we have that half the dwarves would not be safe around sensitive equipment, or else would run the risk of causing problems for the fort.  As such, I am making sure personally that nothing will happen. with regards to the mechanics of the fortress, barring the military goblin training grounds."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 48