Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77752 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #495 on: April 29, 2011, 12:51:03 am »

I have some skill as a carpenter I see, so I am not against helping in building new beds.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 29, 2011, 02:38:56 am »

May I see Gordys skills please? I gather collect sand jobs does not increase glassmaker skills? Shall continue to collect sand in non ornamental bags where possible and urge additional deforestation for charcoal. Will take wood burning job and new furnace if it will help. Urge new entrance ways to get access to more wood. The plot you have dig me is fine thanks.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 29, 2011, 05:24:25 am »

Be a man, Jacen.
Train with a real spear.
But seriously, training weapons are useless except with live training. Training is safe already.

We're aware of that. But how long do you think mandrills will last against a metal axe? We're only using training weapons to get the live targets to last longer.

And if there's a chance that gobbos are going to be showing up in more numbers, try and get two more agile/strong urists to join Teddles's squad (also swordsdwarfs). And we should probably start thinking about more armour as well. What metals do we have on the map?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:26:04 am by EddyP »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 29, 2011, 09:17:09 am »

I mean't in squad/individual training, not in live combat. Of course I want the mandrills to have a long, slow death.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 29, 2011, 09:19:21 am »

Be a man, Jacen.
Train with a real spear.
But seriously, training weapons are useless except with live training. Training is safe already.

We didn't have the charcoal to make any metal for two seasons. That's how bad the wood situation has gotten, and I don't even know how. I've set aside several URISTs as dedicated woodcutters. I'm going to turn off all other URISTs when it comes to woodcutting and hope they scramble their axes to the ones who'll do something with them. The farming zone has drained a lot of labour.

May I see Gordys skills please? I gather collect sand jobs does not increase glassmaker skills?

Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #500 on: April 29, 2011, 04:26:39 pm »

How is my masonry skills by now?

For the next season, I will continue making blocks and I would like my bedroom restored.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 29, 2011, 11:25:04 pm »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no second page

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 30, 2011, 08:20:34 am »

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo no second page

Haha don't worry if it slips a bit, it won't die. There was an important birthday here yesterday and today I've got courses. I'll play the next turn ASAP.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 30, 2011, 12:41:52 pm »

okeydoke.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 30, 2011, 11:55:52 pm »

Perhaps the most colorful of the sun-plants, the wild strawberry is a delight to cultivate.

Rev spun his quill pen between his fingertips. For the first time since he arrived in his new home, crop cycles and seed stocks were not on his mind.

He had seen Lekza harvesting plants out in the jungle, and bringing them to her workshop room. She had greater drive and a business plan with better economic pull. How was his stupid book supposed to compete with dyed cloth? Lekza had access to the Elven market, which adored cloth, when his paper book would probably get him on their hit-list! Their immortality meant PLENTY of disposable income. Rev couldn't stand the thought of there being a more successful farmer than him. And this thought made him sad.

Besides, there was a traitor about. Rev had really wanted a bedroom, and someone decided to smash up the fortress's supply of their most crucial component. The bastard responsible would pay, in the most ironic fashion imaginable.

Rev fantasized about torturing the traitor in various ways until he decided upon a suitably appropriate solution:

THE BED AND BREAKFAST

How it works:

1. Build a bedroom with a door. Above the bed, suspend a floor with a support, connected to a lever outside the door.
2. Place a food item on top of the floor with a stockpile.
3. Assign the bedroom to the traitor. When he/she goes to sleep, lock the door.
4. Pull the lever.
5. If they survive the collapse, let them starve/dehydrate to death.

If the general population accepts my proposal, I request to have its construction started immediately.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:53:26 pm by RevolutionaryDorf »

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: May 01, 2011, 12:17:21 am »

I'll help build it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: May 01, 2011, 12:26:40 am »

I approve of this plan. I'll build the bed (since it's not like anyone else can make beds around here anyway).
Meanwhile, Aaronius has some plans of his own. CRUCIFY THE TRAITOR.
Code: [Select]
z0 - ..O..

z1 -   O 

z2 -  OOO
       T   

z3 -   O 

z4 -   S
Front view:
Code: [Select]
S
 O
OTO
 O
_O_
O = wall
T = where the traitor will be forced to stand
S = slab, dedicated to traitor
The basic idea is to leave the traitor there to die. Bonus points if goblins come and put a few bolts into him/her.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 12:36:47 am by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: May 01, 2011, 12:48:04 am »

I built and made plans for the Bed And Breakfast in my current fort.

1. Create the room, using up ramps to make space over it.

2. Above the room, dig out some scaffolding so masons can build floors above the bedroom. It isn't shown in this picture, but I added down stairs that connected to the up stairs in the first picture as an access tunnel.

3. Dig out an up ramp. This space is where the support will go eventually.

4. Build the bed, door, support, and lever. Hook up the lever to the support.

build floors above the support, then remove ramps and channel to make the floors suspended in the air connected to the support. The miner in the picture is trapped in the wrong place at the wrong time. The food stockpile would go on the northernmost floor tile, above the bed.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: May 01, 2011, 03:57:59 am »

I propose that the traitor is put in a one man squad and given a copper axe and shield. When a siege or ambush comes, out he goes.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: May 01, 2011, 05:06:31 am »

Besmar McHolmes' grim mood had been lifted by the beautiful aroma of bar after bar of creamy soap. Leaving the last batch to set, she ambled back towards her bedroom for a well-earned rest...

"Who stole my bloody bed?"

She was furious. Sure, other dwarves claimed that theirs had gone too. A likely story. It was obvious that they were laughing at her behind her back. The Soapmakers' Guild had learned to expect backstabbing, in fact they had grown used to having their emissaries brutally executed or press-ganged into military duty, even by other dwarves. It was all a huge plot against poor Besmar and the marvellous soap that she brought. Well, she resolved, the same villains that had claimed the last soapmaker here, would not claim Besmar. She was cleverer than that! And the fortress would be clean, no matter the cost!

Besmar headed straight to the chief mechanics of the fortress in order to discuss improving her security arrangements...

New orders: Besmar's paranoia increases. Continue making soap, and relocate her bedroom into the workshop if it wasn't there already. Cover the workshop entrance with either weapon or stone-fall traps (nothing fancy, a few wooden training spears or something). Also, what are the relative locations of the soapmaking workshop and the food/booze stockpiles?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 48