Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77740 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #465 on: April 28, 2011, 11:33:16 am »

Noooooo!

Station at the cavern to defend the urists. Do this the entire season or until the woodcuttng gets done.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 28, 2011, 11:44:24 am »

Noooooo!

Station at the cavern to defend the urists. Do this the entire season or until the woodcuttng gets done.
Excellent!  We have a volunteer for cavern defense!  Now who will scout?

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 28, 2011, 11:56:14 am »

Noooooo!

IPunchFaces mentioned a desire to scout, although sending any soldiers down there without even leather armour is a bit like throwing Labradors into a lion cage.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: April 28, 2011, 12:01:56 pm »

Mandrills for training Teddles and Slashy (and anyone else who wants in), but everyone must use wooden training weapons (unless they're wrestlers of course). Wouldn't want one guy with a metal axe to ruin it for everyone else.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 28, 2011, 12:08:31 pm »

Noooooo!

IPunchFaces mentioned a desire to scout, although sending any soldiers down there without even leather armour is a bit like throwing Labradors into a lion cage.
In that case, get an Urist to tan a few hides and make a few leather tunics and breaches for the scouts and military.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: April 28, 2011, 12:33:41 pm »

To the former, I honestly forgot that that mandate was up.  In the forts I've made in the past I never paid attention to the clothing industry, buying fabric from caravans and salvaging clothes from Goblin Christmas.  Outside of that, I really didn't see anything in the cavern we needed (Unless there was magma) as everything else could be found elsewhere in safer environs.  To the latter, yes I have a plan, but I'm not going to start work on that until the work on the main entrance is finished, since we'll need workers to build up walls and such over there to keep it safe.

Some dwarves are rather paranoid. Lezka is among them. I think Dorna's taking her role as the mayor a little too seriously, directing every single matter and guild as she pleases. As long as she doesn't try to take over the clothing industry, Lezka and her will get along just fine.

Melbil had been worried about Lezka ever since she locked herself in the small clothing workshop, a little out of the way. She knew how enraged dwarves can become if they're interrupted, and she knew Lezka was not the most gentle soul. With the recent news of beds and workshops destruction, and the latest insinuations by our standing Mayor, she decided to stand near Lezka's until her work is done in case someone ordered the clothier's workshop deconstructed. Planting seeds and dying threads can wait, and if Lezka comes out of her trance she will probably get much help to catch up whatever work was to be done.

Orders :

part 1 - until Lezka finishes her mood :

- Melbil will stand near Lezka at all time, and shoo away any URIST coming too close to the clothier workshop.
- Auto Loom all threads and Auto Collect Webs are to be disabled in the workshop orders.
- the Crusher is dangerous. Have miners dig out a pit above it and make dwarves dump refuse from there instead of having them walk on the crushing bridge.

part 2 - depends on the mood, so I'd like to know the type (fey, secretive or possession). A screenshot of the current materials in the workshop would be nice.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: April 28, 2011, 01:27:47 pm »

Alright. Now you heard that there is a lunatic or more in the fortress that wanted to destroy all the beds. And even though we saved a couple, wood is still scarce. Why ? Well, seems axes are in short supply and whoever already HAS one is not cutting down any trees. Thus, no wood to finish Gatekeep. Whoever messes with Gatekeep messes with ME ! Bayar Torchglove ! Send my bed to the crusher ? I'll send YOU to the CRUSHER  >:(.

No. Wait. First, I'll tie you up in front of the gate for a year or two. And if the goblins won't kill you, I WILL !

Okay, enough about that. We need to floor up at least part of this room so the sun won't drive us irredeemably insane. Then place 6 beds under the roof. Why 6 beds ? Because we'll get 2 more apprentices. I know there is no wood but there will be ! And we'll need the extra dwarfpower to get back on schedule.

Oh and one more thing. We're going to build a pump or two nearby so we can train our strenght since at the moment we are not gatekeeper, we are the royal order of the dandelions.

Orders: Requisition 8 random stone blocks from the ones the Doctor made and build a roof over the top first row of open space, and afterwards build 6 beds under the shade.
Recruit 2 more apprentices that will resume building the Gatekeep when wood starts flowing again.
Talk with an engineer to build 2 pumps near the Gatekeep so strenght training might commence.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: April 28, 2011, 01:48:40 pm »

part 2 - depends on the mood, so I'd like to know the type

Secretive, hence the sketching. There's only cave spider silk in the workshop so whatever she's making is going to be decorated and menace with silk.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

goukaryuujin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: April 28, 2011, 02:34:53 pm »

Have Spera defend the cavern, and have her build some stairs onto the wall down there so she can sit up ther in case anything nasty comes along.
My wife, on the other hand, is sitting right next to me on her own computer playing DF, and her worldgens and embarks yield copious amounts of flux and iron. Armok likes her best.
Ok I stuffed up some how... I have Forgotten beasts and Mosswines as a Hostile Civ...

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: April 28, 2011, 03:07:00 pm »

BTW, when I said I wanted a map of the caverns I literally mean "Show me an image of the caverns on a picture".  That'll help me decide what parts of the cavern will be easiest to reclaim.  A DFMA or whatever it's called will work.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: April 28, 2011, 03:23:48 pm »

I'll continue churning out mechanisms.

(Long-term order: If anyone's orders require power, have me build a reactor)
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: April 28, 2011, 03:30:41 pm »

NOOOO MY BED
and all those other beds too, but those aren't as important as MY BED NOOO
More beds. If we run out of wood, send me out with an axe to go get more.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: April 28, 2011, 03:57:26 pm »

I'll continue churning out mechanisms.

(Long-term order: If anyone's orders require power, have me build a reactor)
I DID say I plan to turn the hill into a Windmill farm.  I have no specific plans for all the power made from it but still, it'll be something.  The hill shall be our Power Plant!

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: April 28, 2011, 04:26:33 pm »

part 2 - depends on the mood, so I'd like to know the type

Secretive, hence the sketching. There's only cave spider silk in the workshop so whatever she's making is going to be decorated and menace with silk.
Very well, sorry if I didn't catch the sketching part. Another querry : was Dorna's mandate fulfilled/failed or did it just change to something else ? The latter never happened to me with mandates before, just demands. I'd like a screenshot of the justice page to know if there are any criminals.

Orders :

part 1 - until Lezka finishes her mood :

- Melbil will stand near Lezka at all time, and shoo away any URIST coming too close to the clothier workshop.
- Auto Loom all threads and Auto Collect Webs are to be disabled in the workshop orders.
- the Crusher is dangerous. Have miners dig out a pit above it and make dwarves dump refuse from there instead of having them walk on the crushing bridge.

part 2 - after the artifact is finished, Lezka will be legendary, so that means 4 more apprentices :

- Restrict the clothier's workshop and the loom in the clothing center to Lezka's use only.
- Apprentice a grower URIST (is Id still available?) to tend to the plant fields.
- Turn off farming for Melbil, and have her process and mill plants, as well as dye threads all day long.
- Apprentice an agile URIST. Assign weaving as his labor, he will collect webs but must no weave them.
- Build another loom, ideally close to the caverns. Restrict its use to the former URIST, and task it with Collect Webs on Repeat (suspend the task until caverns are opened again).
- Apprentice a random URIST as a Hauler, restricted to a burrow containing the clothing center and the previously mentioned loom, as well as food storage, dining and bedroom of course.
- Apprentice a URIST with a good intellect, if possible friend with one of the guards. Have him stand in the clothing center and watch for any suspicious activity (i.e. anything Lezka hasn't ordered done explicitly, by voice).
- Forbid 5 units of each type of cloth (plant, silk and yarn). They are to be kept in the central stockpile, in case a mood strikes and cloth is needed.

Lezka will weave dyed threads and make craft with the resulting cloth. As soon as she's out of her trance, she will craft uniforms for each apprentice, as follows : for women, a midnight blue robe and a red cloak. For men, a midnight blue coat and a red cloak. All of these should be decorated with sewn images. Assign them to dwarves via the military screen.

Then, she will craft more bags for the glassmakers, about 30 should do, and continue making decorated robes to hone her skills and provide more trading materials.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: April 28, 2011, 05:13:04 pm »

All the beds, for all the rooms that I had spent so much time making as wonderful as a dwarf might have them? Bah. If we are really short on Axes, then make some more out of wood, if we don't have the metal to spare. Tiger offers a hand in cutting down wood  for about a month for new beds, leaving my apprentice to continue work in smoothing rooms.  Can I get a shot of my current skills?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 48