Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77835 times)

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #450 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:58 pm »

I refuse to go into caverns if it can be avoided

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #451 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:40 pm »

How's the mining going, do we have outstanding minage to be done, or are the miners ready for more of the Doctor blueprints?
We are doing to need an hospital soon.

RTiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 27, 2011, 10:44:49 pm »

Why not go design the hospital? We will need one eventually.

Haika

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 27, 2011, 11:45:40 pm »

I'm fine with forbidding the cavern now that it's pierced. However, I'd like a large dirt area near the surface mined out for Aqua if possible. He will grab a pick at start digging himself if need be. Thinking something along the lines of a 10x10, in 3 Z levels, with a hill in the upper left, and a smallish pool of water into a channel along the diagonal of the 2nd level. 3rd, and 2nd level should be dirt, sand or clay. Some sort of growing medium, the bottom one for the channel can be in stone. So I only really need 2 levels of dirt. Oh, and I want all of this underground, so leave a 'roof' on it.

I'm no good at plotting it out without playing, so that's the best I can do, unless someone can give me some sort of visual plotter program that I can show the design on.

Other than that, Aqua would like to actually kill something that hasn't been chewed on and tossed aside by a dog. Maybe a goblin or two with his stabsdwarf squad if those who 'own' the goblins don't mind. I'd also like to request an iron set of breastplate, helm, and shield from the smithy workers assuming we have iron, for both Aqua and his partner.

I'd also like to know what you think of a danger room? Being a military dwarf that doesn't just get slaughtered is difficult enough without being able to train properly. I don't usually like them in my forts, but wondering if it's an option?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:52:42 pm by Haika »
The research assistant couldn't experiment with plants because he hadn't botany
Don't expect a bonsai tree to grow the miniature planting it.
Trust your calculator. It's something to count on.
Pencils could be made with erasers at both ends, but what would be the point?

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 28, 2011, 06:27:47 am »

Within the great meeting hall of the fort, the dwarves talked and argued over the cavern that had been pierced.  Voices were raged as they argued with each other, until Dorna walked out of her room.  Well ok they were still arguing when she walked in and it took several yells and whistles to get their attention.  It wasn't until she slammed a stone chair against a wall, breaking the leg, that the dwarves finally turned to look at her.

"Alright all you dwarves, I'm mayor here and I have ultimate decision about what to do with the cavern, right?"  Some of the dwarves muttered, one or two making dark comments about how they didn't vote for her.  "Look Val is still indisposed making his blocks so someone has to take charge.  May as well be the one the mountainhomes chose, eh?"  She looked around at the dwarves as some more muttering occured.

"Right.  We hit the cavern, but as far as I can tell there isn't too much of use in there that we need.  We've got water from the river and the damn aquifer, and trees from the surface."

"What about magma?!" another dwarf cried. "We need magma dammit!  We're running out of fuel!"

"I don't KNOW if there's any bloody magma yet, the miners haven't told me anything!  If there IS I'll take advantage of it, but for now we have to seal off the caverns.  We don't have a military to really stand a chance against whatever's in there."  She takes out a drawing she made.  "For now, I want the masons to go down there and build a wall around the main staircase down.  The miners can dig down another level or two, then I want the pit at the entrance built."  More muttering came from the dwarves, some in approval, some in anger.  Dorna turned and started to walk out, only to pause and turn around.  "Oh, and nobody build anything on that hill over the river, I have plans for it."  She turned and pointed to Urist with a smirk.  "I think you'll probably like it, scientist."

She walked out of the room.  "And somebody fix that chair!"

OOC: As stated, seal off the caverns.  Follow the shown diagram...
X=Stairs
= Walls
F=Floor

========
=FFFFFF=
=FFFFFF=
=FFXXFF=
=FFXXFF=
=FFFFFF=
=FFFFFF=
========

If there's any stone walls in the way, leave them there and just fill the gaps with the walls.  If there's upper levels, do the same thing.

IpunchFaces

• Bay Watcher
  • "Incessant cackling surrounds you"
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 28, 2011, 06:28:30 am »

He felt it. The gust of wind. The change of pressure in the fortress hallways. The slight hint of aged cave-moss and fungus in the air. He knew these smells, and he knew what caused it.

A cavern was breached.

OOC: Have IpunchFaces go scout the caverns. And if he meets any of the local fauna, have me evict them.

Violently.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 28, 2011, 06:34:58 am »

Seems Dorna has plans to fortify the entrance to  the newly breached underground cavern. I see no problem with this. The underground has exotic fungus that can be used as lumber. In all kinds of color. That willl be a long term goal though, harvesting the things and turning them into stuff. But I'll let that be done by the masons, the gatekeep won't build itself.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 28, 2011, 07:07:36 am »

I suggest cage traps at the entrance to the cavern for the military so they can train on/with exotic animals. If any cavern animals are caught and can tamed and trained, turn into war animals.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

gordy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 28, 2011, 07:12:23 am »

A migrant dwarf scurries quickly after the mayor as arguments rapidly break out in the meeting room over the decision to seal off the caverns for now. "A wise decision, your, er, your Honor", he stammers, pushing his glasses further back on his nose. They seem entirely made out of glass with intricate arms and lenses. "Gordy, er, Gordy is my name and I was wondering, well, since we have red sand in abundance and.. well. I'd like you to look over this.. when you have time, of course. The sand here is of good quality. Very fine. We can use it for all manner of items from, er, doors and walls to gems and traps. Very versatile. Our miners will be easily excavate through the sandstone, er, here, and here. Close to the looms, you see.. close to the sandbags?". He hands over a sheaf of meticulously written plans though the Mayor continues to walk away.
"I voted for you, by the way?"

(OOC: here's a link to the plan image, i hope it works. http://www.img.ie/12903.jpg I want to set up shop in the sand next to the loom and farm plots under the Docs HQ. Burrow out some plain sand chambers for two workshops but enough for four with a line of sand between for a collection zone. if I may have an urist, set him to own one of the workshops and collect sand on repeat. make gordy dwarf own the other and make raw green glass and blocks on repeat. when enough sand burrow 5 x 5 rooms and wall them in green glass down to 3 x 3 and pave floors with any stone. If no urist, let gordy collect his own sand. make stockpiles of empty bags, sandbags and raw glass nearby. When the rooms are built, install a bed, green glass tables and chairs for each an office, dining room and bedroom.

EDIT - i need 5x5 rooms to wall down to 3x3, doi! so the mined areas will overlap until the walls are built.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 07:15:38 am by gordy »

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: April 28, 2011, 07:23:43 am »

A migrant dwarf scurries quickly after the mayor as arguments rapidly break out in the meeting room over the decision to seal off the caverns for now. "A wise decision, your, er, your Honor", he stammers, pushing his glasses further back on his nose. They seem entirely made out of glass with intricate arms and lenses. "Gordy, er, Gordy is my name and I was wondering, well, since we have red sand in abundance and.. well. I'd like you to look over this.. when you have time, of course. The sand here is of good quality. Very fine. We can use it for all manner of items from, er, doors and walls to gems and traps. Very versatile. Our miners will be easily excavate through the sandstone, er, here, and here. Close to the looms, you see.. close to the sandbags?". He hands over a sheaf of meticulously written plans though the Mayor continues to walk away.
"I voted for you, by the way?"

(OOC: here's a link to the plan image, i hope it works. http://www.img.ie/12903.jpg I want to set up shop in the sand next to the loom and farm plots under the Docs HQ. Burrow out some plain sand chambers for two workshops but enough for four with a line of sand between for a collection zone. if I may have an urist, set him to own one of the workshops and collect sand on repeat. make gordy dwarf own the other and make raw green glass and blocks on repeat. when enough sand burrow 5 x 5 rooms and wall them in green glass down to 3 x 3 and pave floors with any stone. If no urist, let gordy collect his own sand. make stockpiles of empty bags, sandbags and raw glass nearby. When the rooms are built, install a bed, green glass tables and chairs for each an office, dining room and bedroom.

EDIT - i need 5x5 rooms to wall down to 3x3, doi! so the mined areas will overlap until the walls are built.
Dorna took the sheet from the nervous dwarf and looked over it, rubbing her chin.  It didn't seem to be too invasive to current plans, and seemed fair enough.  She resolved that she'd have the miners start work on it after the pit under the main entrance was complete and the bridge built.  Her project on the hill could wait just a little bit longer.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 28, 2011, 08:49:52 am »

How's the mining going, do we have outstanding minage to be done, or are the miners ready for more of the Doctor blueprints?
We are doing to need an hospital soon.

Miners are currently ready for more mining. Breaching the caverns sent them scurrying away from the copious amounts of GCS silk suddenly drifting in the subterranean breeze.

Here's a link to the plan image, i hope it works.

It works, except that the sand you'd be digging in isn't sand . . . but LOAMY sand. Therefore soil. Instead I dug out a temporary, rectangular sand zone up the stairs by the entryway to the mines/stoneworking pits. I can still dig your plans out if you like, but your collection zone will have to be separate from the work zone itself.

He felt it. The gust of wind. The change of pressure in the fortress hallways. The slight hint of aged cave-moss and fungus in the air. He knew these smells, and he knew what caused it.

A cavern was breached.

OOC: Have IpunchFaces go scout the caverns. And if he meets any of the local fauna, have me evict them.

Violently.

As you'll soon find out I ended up needing you to deathpunch some troublesome Mandrills. Next season, though!

I just finished the turn. I'll write up the update in a second since this season's events are pretty short and sweet. Unfortunately I finished the turn before checking the thread  :P  but that just means everyone's cavern orders are fresh for Winter! For now the caverns have just been safely walled off. A URIST even managed to nab some silk before they got completely shut off and saved Lekza from going insane due to a sudden inspiration of tailoring!
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 28, 2011, 08:52:01 am »

This is a well crafted pig tail cloth sheet. It is dyed midnight blue with dimple dye. On the item is written a message in red letters from redroot dye :

Dorna - Mayor or Traitor ?

Citizens of the Hills of Deceivers, are you being fooled ?

It has no doubt been brought to your attention that caverns were recently discovered below our settlement. You may have attended the special meeting in which Dorna, our current Mayor, spoke about what we should do about it. Those present may remember such words as "We hit the cavern, but as far as I can tell there isn't too much of use in there that we need." and "for now we have to seal off the caverns".

However, as you surely have noted, she is obviously contradicting herself. The proof is for every eye to see, on the mandate billboard in the main dining room. To save time going back and forth, here's an accurate reproduction :

A mandate for cave spider silk items. That's right, concerned citizens, a production order for something that can only be obtained, you've guessed it, from the caverns we've just opened, signed by Dorna's very hand. "Not much of use in there we need" she said, when it is obvious she's trying to make the hammer of justice fall down on innocent heads !

More suspicious behavior followed the meeting, some dwarves reported, when Dorna said the mysterious words "Oh, and nobody build anything on that hill over the river, I have plans for it.". What could these plans be ? Once again, she's contradicting her previous statement, which was "there isn't too much of use in there that we need".

Citizens, we ask you to be vigilant when dealing with our newly appointed mayor, and report to your fellow dwarves any more mysterious activity she may have been undergoing under our beards. Find out and make public these plans she muttered about. Most of all, as she's been proven to be a liar, don't trust anything she says.

Signed : the committee of watchful dwarves.

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 28, 2011, 10:25:03 am »

This is a well crafted pig tail cloth sheet. It is dyed midnight blue with dimple dye. On the item is written a message in red letters from redroot dye :

Dorna - Mayor or Traitor ?

Citizens of the Hills of Deceivers, are you being fooled ?

It has no doubt been brought to your attention that caverns were recently discovered below our settlement. You may have attended the special meeting in which Dorna, our current Mayor, spoke about what we should do about it. Those present may remember such words as "We hit the cavern, but as far as I can tell there isn't too much of use in there that we need." and "for now we have to seal off the caverns".

However, as you surely have noted, she is obviously contradicting herself. The proof is for every eye to see, on the mandate billboard in the main dining room. To save time going back and forth, here's an accurate reproduction :

A mandate for cave spider silk items. That's right, concerned citizens, a production order for something that can only be obtained, you've guessed it, from the caverns we've just opened, signed by Dorna's very hand. "Not much of use in there we need" she said, when it is obvious she's trying to make the hammer of justice fall down on innocent heads !

More suspicious behavior followed the meeting, some dwarves reported, when Dorna said the mysterious words "Oh, and nobody build anything on that hill over the river, I have plans for it.". What could these plans be ? Once again, she's contradicting her previous statement, which was "there isn't too much of use in there that we need".

Citizens, we ask you to be vigilant when dealing with our newly appointed mayor, and report to your fellow dwarves any more mysterious activity she may have been undergoing under our beards. Find out and make public these plans she muttered about. Most of all, as she's been proven to be a liar, don't trust anything she says.

Signed : the committee of watchful dwarves.
OOC: To the former, I honestly forgot that that mandate was up.  In the forts I've made in the past I never paid attention to the clothing industry, buying fabric from caravans and salvaging clothes from Goblin Christmas.  Outside of that, I really didn't see anything in the cavern we needed (Unless there was magma) as everything else could be found elsewhere in safer environs.  To the latter, yes I have a plan, but I'm not going to start work on that until the work on the main entrance is finished, since we'll need workers to build up walls and such over there to keep it safe.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 28, 2011, 10:56:11 am »

1004U - AUTUMN

There was naught yet seen a stranger season than this one for Inen Vakun.

At first all seemed well. Crazyteddles and his new apprentices Slashes the Swordsdwarf combed the palisade looking for possible entrances and exits, breaches, sabotage and all of these things in general. The rest of the military including Jacen, IPunchFaces, Blunderbooze, Aqua and Skeweri, they stayed behind to train.

SLASHES:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nothing was discovered at fault. The palisade was goblin-tight and secure. Even in the uncertain hills to the east where the elevation and slopes made constructing barriers difficult.

Satisfied, they checked on the front gate where Bayar and his three new apprentices were puzzling over how to build a wooden gatehouse without any wood. Stocks were all drained still by the need for charcoal, ash and PBD's giant wooden pillars. There wasn't enough coal to make more battle axes, nor enough wood to make more work axes, and thus lumber harvesting was being conducted by two or three scant dwarves also harried by other tasks. The three of them took it in stride and resolved to get the gatehouse done as soon as trade allowed for more axes and for PBD to be finished with his . . . thingy.

PATIENCE, PUFFCHEST & BUBBLES:

Dorna's entryway defence bridge sat right beside the gatehouses. Beneath lurked a watery death.

Dorna herself was still an elusive figure. She emerged only a few times during the season to call a meeting about the breached caverns and to help Crazyteddles hook up the last couple of goblin cages to a lever since Greymist was busy filling out Dorna's constant need for mechanisms. She really needed a lot of them.

Greymist's only work besides making mechanisms was to construct something of her own design at the request of Lekza: Greymist's S.M.A.S.H.E.R. (Special Mechanized Apparatus for Subduing Horribly Extraneous Refuse). Dwarf power was the only power available to her, so she hooked it to a lever in the hallway. The device was surrounded by six doors for easy access and even easier lock-out of wandering pets or workers, making it a safe and effective way to pulverize unwanted trash into a thin fertilizing paste.

It had been constructed out of the insane number of blocks Babalos had been producing in the new masonry zone. His squares were looking even more square than ever. He'd even taken the time to knock out a few very well-made doors for the fort which would prove to elevate general morale just by the mere sight of them.

Some fellows showed up mid season.

Notable amongst them was a surgeon with prior battle experience and three guild representatives: a farmer named Flieroflight, a butcher and trainer named Rath and a glassmaker named Gordy who introduced himself to the mayor as soon as he could before going about getting plans set up for a glassmaking suite.

He'd brought plans but they were set aside in the light of the sandy area he desired being too loamy to collect for proper glassmaking. A temporary zone was dug out near the entryway to the lower chambers and mines. It would suffice for autumn to be worked on during the wintertime.

His face fell a bit when he learned that charcoal was in short supply due to labour organization issues. He compromised to collecting sand in whatever bags were available in the meantime.

Flieroflight marched off to the farms where he'd be most useful. Rath set off to inspect the meat stockpiles and check the cages.

Down below Besmar McHolmes began to carry out Vabok's plans to create a small soaping empire. Ash had been burnt during earlier seasons which she turned into caustic lye with the help of a couple of spare URISTs. The lye became soap: glorious thick and fatty elephant soap! Her office could wait.

Nearby Greymist and UristImiknorris quietly produced rock cogs for the grand dwarven machine.

Deeper still found Mipe, Johnny Digs and Stiric facing another entire world. Breaching it had given way to a grand gust of musty, sweet smelling air. All three of them immediately began to cough and sneeze from the face-full of myriad spores which drifted up on a mysterious wind and rooted in the moist dirt above.

Valrandir would not be pleased with the sudden presence of cave fungus all over . . . well, everything.

The miners took a few cautious steps into the gloom of the caves, peering at the strange haze that seemed to drift and glint in the musty air.

"Cave spider web," murmured Mipe as she rubbed some between her fingers, "Excellent stuff for Lekza's production zone."

They stepped around the corner to see how deep and far back the caves went. They looked gigantic, expansive, many dwarf-heights tall with tubes thick enough to build small villages inside of.

"There's more of those webs over here!" shouted Johnny, "These ones look even bigger and . . . thicker!"

It took them less than a minute to reach the top of the staircase. The cavern entry was quickly sealed off in a sloppy fashion, which had inspired Dorna to call a meeting about reforming the blockade into something much more aesthetically pleasing and easily modified.

The miners agreed that, under watch from the military, they would clear out some of the walls and build something more square-shaped. In the meantime they were safe from whatever lurking terrors existed down there. One brave URIST managed to nab some silk before the bricking was complete.

Brave, brave Zefon. Lekza had demanded it of him: she was terrified that Dorna's mandate would go unanswered and that she would be punished as the representative of the cloth industry of Inen Vakun. She was so terrified about it that she became paranoid and went into hiding in the spare clothier's shop, worried someone might sabotage her chances of completing the order.

She lurked inside sketching pictures of cloth and sneaking them underneath the door.

Zefon's one unit of silk wasn't enough for her and it wasn't until Valrandir completed trade with the mountainhomes that she finally began working on her project.

Unfortunately for her by the time she'd had enough silk Dorna's demands had shifted from cloth to precious metals.

Perhaps even more unfortunate for EmperorJon and his apprentice as the caravan hadn't brought any gold along with them.

The trade itself had gone smoothly: bins full of rock mugs were lugged up to the depot along with clear tourmalines cut by some of the URISTs and a few spare other items of clothing, mostly goblin-scavenged.

"Brought the steel y'wanted, the gypsum too. Plenny o' booze as well," said the liaison.

"Yes, yes, excellent. I've been dragged away from my office for another delightful exchange. This'll be all. Take these drinking receptacles. They're much more sanitary than two-hundred mouths sucking from the same fifty taps, you know."

Once the trade was complete, Valrandir meandered back to his office to complete some spare paperwork.

And stumbled in to find that not only had his masonry shop had somehow turned from a proper workspace into a pile of rock blocks and dust, but someone had flipped his bed over.

Foul play was at hand here.

"Now, when those gobbos come rushing out, give 'em no mercy. I've handed you a real sword there and I expect you to use it. Gotta spill some blood first to get yourself in tune with jes' how deadly a sword can be. I'll be right by yeh practising my swings on 'em. Once you've gutted these two I'll hand you a spare wooden sword and we can work on diff'rent techniques. And remember, you're close and personal here. This ain't the archery range, lassie."

Slashes nodded and the lever was thrown.

"Aye . . . well, it's not like you're a stranger to slaughter, then! Nice work. We'll make the next two last a bit longer."

IPunchFaces wanted desperately to go down and learn just how many kinds of faces there were to punch in the underground, but a more pressing issue was at hand.

PBD's project was near complete and somehow some Mandrills had gotten in and were harassing everyone. Nothing that a little punch to the face couldn't fix. Three of them were giving the workers trouble. He got to one of them and administered some knuckled justice.

In his chase the other had gotten spooked and ran for a hiding place.

It chose the wrong hiding place.

The last one ran for the trapped exit with predictable results. Crazyteddles checked and found that the reason they'd managed to get in was that there were already seven more caged up at the rear entrance and nobody had designated a place to put them. So now they had eight caged Mandrills, whooping and shrieking away inside of wooden cages. Surely they'd be able to think of something to do with eight monkeys.

Aaronius, plagued by a lack of wood for his carpentry, sort of wandered about. A URIST came up to him at one point and told him that an order had come through to "remove his bed." Thinking that this was some sort of mayoral mandate or something of the kind he complied, figuring that if his bed needed to be swapped out he could just replace it with one of better design.

He didn't think too much of it at the time, but it wasn't long before he realized that URISTs are idiots who do whatever they're told. As they hauled his bed out of the room, he thought with a rising panic "I'm not ever going to see that again, am I?" He pursued the worker in hopes of finding out where he was taking it.

Up above, PBD's project was two floor units from being complete . . . and somebody was sleeping on the damn thing again.

PBD ran into Aaronius while entering the fort. They both looked around to see URISTs sleeping everywhere but their beds. On the ground, amongst the booze, in the dining room. Everywhere.

They also noticed that many URISTs were hauling beds.

In fact, almost all of the bedrooms in the lower quarters were completely empty.

All of them had been hauled into the SMASHER by the URISTs.

Winter came with the echoes of the SMASHER repeatedly pounding beds into a splintered mess.

THE FORT AS IT SMASHES

At least not all the beds were destroyed. It's impossible to say WHO told all the URISTs to start undoing beds, but thankfully Aaronius had one Furniture Hauling for his carpentry trade and got suspicious about why an order for his bed to be deconstructed was put through.

Might want to stop that URIST! Deconstruct the lever! Do something! We're already short on wood and those are our precious beds! Valrandir, you now have no masonry shop but thankfully you were making blocks for most of the season. Whoever deconstructed it did it while you were out trading. Your bed also needs to be reinstalled but hadn't been dumped.

Dorna's mayoral needs aren't being met. This may make her rage.

I bought steel bars, silk cloth, gypsum powder, a few spare picks and axes for lumber and a couple of pieces of armor: an iron mail shirt and a steel cap. I didn't ask for anything in particular from the caravan: mostly just more steel and some charcoal.

Anyway, if you've already posted orders from the cavern post just link me to them. Otherwise, state your affairs, pose your questions and make your screenshot demands.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:10:24 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 28, 2011, 11:30:26 am »

Dorna stomped into the meeting hall for the third time in as many days, seemingly quite angry.  She looked around at the dwarves and urists, including the one she had bodily hauled off the lever activating the crusher.  She looked around the room for a few moments, fuming, before crying out.  "ALright, which one of you dwarves decided to destroy all the beds in the fort?!"

Suffice to say, nobody spoke up.  Dorna's eyes lingered on Lezka and Greymist briefly before moving on.  "Fine.  We'll figure this out soon enough.  But because of all this, I'm issuing the following:"

"Oh God, not ANOTHER impossible mandate!" Cried a random dwarf.

"NO!" Dorna yelled.  "No I'm not... ugh.  Look.  Deconstruct the lever for the smasher.  From now on, the smasher and all future mechanical apparati will be operated from the Control Room I have just finished.  FURTHER, in order to prevent any further... accidents such as this... I, and only I, shall access the Control Room.  No other dwarf, mechanic or otherwise, will be allowed in without my express permission.  Are we clear?"  The dwarves murmured amongst each other before Dorna nodded.  "Good.  Now on to the next order of buisness..."

"SOMEONE ordered all those beds destroyed, so we need new beds.  As such, we need wood.  We're low here and on the surface, and as such, I am forced to open the caverns.  Any spare woodcutters will need to cut where they can, and any spare woodworkers must make beds until we have enough to fill every room.  As for the masons, I want some of you to make a bit of furniture for my rooms from the spare stone, while the rest of you will build walls to seal off PORTIONS of the cavern.  I need a full map of the caverns ASAP so one of you scouts go down there and make me a map.  I don't care who.  And as for you military, I want at least one of you stationed near the cavern breach at ANY time just to make sure nothing gets in."

"And what about us?" Called a dirty dwarf holding a pick.

"You?  Get digging deeper.  Find some gold, we could use it for valuable trade.  Maybe we'll show the caravans we're making more than just bloody stone mugs.  Metalworkers, I'm sorry but we're going to have to put a hold on metalworking until we AT LEAST have our beds back." There was an angry shout from some of the dwarves at that as Dorna held up a hand.  "I know I know, but frankly we can't waste our wood on burning future beds.  If that's all then get to it."

"Hold on!"  Val cried out. "What about my rooms?!  Someone messed around with them!"

Dorna looked up.  "You've got how many stone blocks over there?  Use a few to build a new workshop and furniture."  She chuckled.  "It'll be nice and smooth for you, don't you think?"

Another dwarf cried out.  "And what about this hill project, huh?  You think maybe you could tell us what your "plans" are?"  There was much murmuring from other dwarves.  Dorna turned and looked around them.  "Windmill farm," she said.  "But I can hardly begin construction on that NOW, can I?  Not when we need our wood for beds."

OOC: Orders are as stated above.  Woodcutters are to cut as much wood as possible, and woodworkers get on making beds.  Make the cavern entrance I designed earlier, however leave one wall open.  If possible put a floodgate or bridge there that I can control from the control room.  In addition, deconstruct the smasher lever and hook the smasher up to the control room.  One dwarf must be stationed at the Cavern Breach at all times (Feel free to rotate it out month to month) and I want a hunter or scout or something to march through the caverns and map out as much as he/she possibly can.  Volunteers are accepted for this job, the more there are, the faster we get a full cavern map.  Have a mason or two work on furniture for my rooms, stone should be enough to make it decent.  Stop all charcoal production until we have the beds back, at which point we can resume.  The faster we get beds, the better.  Miners are to keep digging to try to find gold.  If they see any in the cavern walls, good, they can try to mine that out.  Have Val remake his furniture and mason's workshop from his vast repository of stone blocks.

I think that's everything.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 48