Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77878 times)

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #225 on: April 12, 2011, 04:21:07 am »

OOC: I have no idea what skills I have ATM. Will assume I got everything enables with no proficiencies.

"We finally managed to pierce the aquifer by dropping earth onto it. Pulling the lever was preety entertaining  :D

The walls are coming along nicely, it won't be long until the miners will dig out individual quarters, things seem to be going in the right direction. Valrandir seems to have taken upon himself the mantle of leadership, and really seems to know what he is doing. Heard him complaining about the dogs in the dining hall, better do something about that, get on his good side and all."

Orders: keep working on the defense walls, build a wooden cage in the center of the farming room and place all puppies inside it when on a break, keep helping with other side projects that need to be done.

EddyP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 12, 2011, 04:56:24 am »

As soon as possible CrazyTeddles would like a sword and shield. And the weaver needs a clothier workshop.

Joshua IX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 12, 2011, 06:13:17 am »

You'll have to let me know how the hives are going. Have my dwarf brew to his hearts content, and build hives when he can't do that, and assemble hives when he has time. Make sure half the hives are on 'gather' and half are on 'save for splitting' :]

Also might he be able to be put into a military squad on his own so he can do individual combat drills in his spare time?
Whatever happens, make it ironic dwarfy magma.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 12, 2011, 06:57:09 am »

OOC: I have no idea what skills I have ATM. Will assume I got everything enables with no proficiencies.

You're a hammerdwarf whose skills are starting to decline, a talented dyer and an accomplished shearer.

Is there any easy way to text dump dorf details? I'd like to post everyone's skills but it'd take a long time hitting keys and taking notes.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 12, 2011, 06:58:01 am »

You'll have to let me know how the hives are going. Have my dwarf brew to his hearts content, and build hives when he can't do that, and assemble hives when he has time. Make sure half the hives are on 'gather' and half are on 'save for splitting' :]

Also might he be able to be put into a military squad on his own so he can do individual combat drills in his spare time?

I didn't set up hives, so now's the chance. I don't know how hives work at all, in the least. Any suggestions on where to build them?

Also I just realized that our dorfs think our dining room is "Fantastic." It is a dirt hole with half-assed wooden tables and chairs. They don't seem hard to please.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:59:36 am by plisskin »
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 12, 2011, 07:10:01 am »

You're a hammerdwarf whose skills are starting to decline, a talented dyer and an accomplished shearer.

Is there any easy way to text dump dorf details? I'd like to post everyone's skills but it'd take a long time hitting keys and taking notes.

Other than screenshoting the dorfs skills and then cropping the image, no.

Also, hammerdwarf skills are kinda useless when you have a low strenght, so no problem with it going down.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 12, 2011, 07:10:23 am »

Do i have a dwarf yet?

Not a good skill and gender fit, no. Check the end of the Winter-Spring post, there's a list of all URISTs in there who might fit your needs.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Tcei

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear me! I am Bekat the Adorable Skull!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 12, 2011, 07:35:58 am »

Greymist sighed as she gazed down at the rock beneath the pierced aquifer, things would be going much smoother now.

---
OOC: Greymist will probably spend alot of time building mechanisims/traps. If possible I'd like for her to have her to requrit a urist or two to carve out her own little study (with table/chair/chest), so she can better plan the layouts of various traps and whatnot.
....They just refuse to stay down unless butchered, in which case their skins will haunt you until you subdue and tan them. Never has legendary butcher and legendary tanner seemed so valueable as in this release.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 12, 2011, 07:45:43 am »

Greymist sighed as she gazed down at the rock beneath the pierced aquifer, things would be going much smoother now.

---
OOC: Greymist will probably spend alot of time building mechanisims/traps. If possible I'd like for her to have her to requrit a urist or two to carve out her own little study (with table/chair/chest), so she can better plan the layouts of various traps and whatnot.

Any specific plans for traps? I assume you mean producing mechanisms and then making cage traps where necessary.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 12, 2011, 08:11:43 am »

Normally obsessed with his own neatly-combed appearance, Vabok McSoapmaker was horrified at the sight which awaited him at the end of his journey. They'd said the outpost was new, that things might be a bit rough to start off with. But this? Mud everywhere, all the inhabitants caked in filth, and not even anywhere to sleep! Living like this was for humans - dwarves were civilised creatures, and civilised dwarves do not wander around with their beards full of mud. Fortunately, Vabok had a few plans to improve this...

ORDERS:
First and foremost, construct a well. The water can be drawn from the aquifer. For now just channel a small hole into the top of the aquifer and put the well on top. The miners can sort out a proper reservoir later.

Next, we need lots and lots of soap to keep the dwarves clean. We can probably sell any excess too, and I belive it can be used for buildings if there is enough? Anyway, have the miners cut out a small apartment in the stone with a soapmaker's workshop, an ashery and a wood furnace. A bed would be nice too so Vabok has somewhere to sleep. Have Vabok start on wood burning then lye making (having a Urist do the wood burning would be handy). Actual soap-making would be nice but will have to wait till we have some tallow.

A kitchen is necessary for making tallow, and we're going to need one anyway for decent food. Are any of the new arrivals cooks?
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2011, 08:31:12 am »

Normally obsessed with his own neatly-combed appearance, Vabok McSoapmaker was horrified at the sight which awaited him at the end of his journey. They'd said the outpost was new, that things might be a bit rough to start off with. But this? Mud everywhere, all the inhabitants caked in filth, and not even anywhere to sleep! Living like this was for humans - dwarves were civilised creatures, and civilised dwarves do not wander around with their beards full of mud. Fortunately, Vabok had a few plans to improve this...

ORDERS:
First and foremost, construct a well. The water can be drawn from the aquifer. For now just channel a small hole into the top of the aquifer and put the well on top. The miners can sort out a proper reservoir later.

Next, we need lots and lots of soap to keep the dwarves clean. We can probably sell any excess too, and I belive it can be used for buildings if there is enough? Anyway, have the miners cut out a small apartment in the stone with a soapmaker's workshop, an ashery and a wood furnace. A bed would be nice too so Vabok has somewhere to sleep. Have Vabok start on wood burning then lye making (having a Urist do the wood burning would be handy). Actual soap-making would be nice but will have to wait till we have some tallow.

A kitchen is necessary for making tallow, and we're going to need one anyway for decent food. Are any of the new arrivals cooks?

Ahh SOAP!! Great! Excellent™
I ♥ you already.

We have a kitchen in the farming area, and surely we should have plenty of tallow available already fron slaughtering some yaks and elephants.

Soap and a well, Doc Valrandir is soo happy.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2011, 08:52:20 am »

My orders ended at the end of the last page.

Here's the link to be sure.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=81510.msg2176886#msg2176886

Chessrook44

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 12, 2011, 10:24:37 am »

A request of the guy designing everything: If you could find a way to put my rooms next to the Control Room when it's finished, that'll be great.  After all, the Head Mechanic would need easy access, wouldn't she?

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 12, 2011, 10:39:31 am »

My commands: Help with any building and excavation of new areas, get some metal, get some URISTS smelting and making charcoal, make some metal weapons.
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #239 on: April 12, 2011, 10:46:05 am »

A request of the guy designing everything: If you could find a way to put my rooms next to the Control Room when it's finished, that'll be great.  After all, the Head Mechanic would need easy access, wouldn't she?

Where is your control room, can you take a screenshot from DFMA and draw where you want it?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 48