Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Unibot or Bayar for Captain of the Guard?

Unibot the Righteous!
Bayar the Gatekeeper!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48

Author Topic: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason  (Read 77767 times)

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
Re: The Hill of Deceivers .25 - A Community Fort of Treachery and Treason
« Reply #105 on: April 08, 2011, 01:58:06 pm »

Tough to make out the different Z-levels, but we have at best 1 Z-level over the currently constructed fort.

Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 08, 2011, 02:04:32 pm »

if you get an migrant one can i have an hunter named Ahra?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 08, 2011, 02:54:29 pm »

While we're arguing about the aquifer, I suggest we try to secure as much of the surface as possible from gobbo attacks. And for livestock pasturing. We can wait it out for the first 'van if we have to, to get some stone. Plus having the outside of the map safe is always a very high bonus. Stupid ambushes...
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...
Link for full quote. 'tis mighty funny.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 08, 2011, 03:01:22 pm »

While we're arguing about the aquifer, I suggest we try to secure as much of the surface as possible from gobbo attacks.

I agree, but I'm just the GM. We don't need to come to a consensus on anything in this fort, your dorfs can just act. Valrandir is cooking up plans to breach the aquifer, so in the meantime everyone else give me your dwarf's orders. Make 'em clear and we'll make summer happen.

I have EmperorJon still slated for the completion of the palisade. Everyone else needs to tell me what they want to do.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 08, 2011, 03:06:21 pm »

Make that a fkin big palisade then. XD
I think it's the way towns develop now. In the beginning, people move into a town. Then they start producing tables, which results in more and more tables. Soon tables represent a significant portion of the population, they start lobbying for new laws and regulations, putting people to greater and greater disadvantage...

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 08, 2011, 04:01:39 pm »

Make that a fkin big palisade then. XD

You want me to clear-cut the forest and build a GIANT one, or wait until we have stone?
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #111 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:28 pm »

Ambushes usually don't come in the first year, by then the aquifer thing will be solved.

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 08, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »

@Val, yes, so we need to be out there building while we can.

@Pliss, yes. :D Do it. Unless you've wasted loads of time? You been waiting for aquifer ideas? Anyway, yeah, big wood palisade. I'll happily train as a woodcutter if needed.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 08, 2011, 04:12:12 pm »

@Val, yes, so we need to be out there building while we can.

@Pliss, yes. :D Do it. Unless you've wasted loads of time? You been waiting for aquifer ideas? Anyway, yeah, big wood palisade. I'll happily train as a woodcutter if needed.

No time wasted! Everyone's actions in game are their own. Cut that wood, heft those logs. I'm not going to play through and post the next season until at least half of the people involved have told me what they want to do since we only have seven at the moment.

Everyone's orders can, and in fact should if it's important how you're using your time, include what labours you want turned on/off.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye

EmperorJon

• Bay Watcher
  • Still waiting...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 08, 2011, 04:18:48 pm »

Ok, I'll woodcut and carpent for a bit then. Feel free to add anything else necessary. And notify me if we get hold of metals. :)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 08, 2011, 04:28:28 pm »

I'll help with any projects that include mining.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

RevolutionaryDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 08, 2011, 05:17:09 pm »

I'd like to join.

Rev, the male Farmer:
----------------------------------------
Rev was a simple dwarf, descended from generation upon generation of fiercely passionate farmers. His great-grandfather even co-authored an immensely popular pamphlet titled "Purple Shrooms: the Bounty of the Caves and Your Appetite", which detailed tricks and techniques for growing historically dwarven crops. Rev's family was a very traditionalist one-- they were still living on and tending their ancient farmland in the caverns deep below the mountain-homes when he was born. Tragically, his parents were killed after a giant toad intrusion a few months after his 20th birthday. He never felt quite at home since.

Inspired by family history and love for crops, he set out to The Hill of Deceivers to fulfill his dream of writing a sequel to his grandfather's book, focused on expanding the dwarven farming market to above-ground tropical plants. He became the first of his ancestry to leave the fortress and step into the sun without vomiting.
--------------------------------------------------------
ACTIVATED LABORS: Plant Gathering and Farming (Fields)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 05:18:50 pm by RevolutionaryDorf »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #117 on: April 08, 2011, 06:37:14 pm »

For the summer, the doctor will be presenting these blueprints and doing all he can to have them executed.

Step 01 a
First we are going to expand our embark level corridor until we find ourselves where we MUST be.
us -> Up Stairs designation
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Step 01 b
Then we will simply move up one level, dig some up/down stairs and designate document where we will need to channel.
xs -> Up/Down Stairs designation
Red Block -> Channel designation

Step 01 c
Once more moving up one level, we should now be outside. Let's conclude our stairs with a triple downstairs designation, and channel these red squares from my blueprints
ds -> Down Stairs designation
blue us -> Up Stairs construction
blue W -> Wall Construction (use wood)
Red Block -> Channel designation

Step 01 d
We will also need to construct some supporting architecture yet another level up.
blue ds -> Down Stairs construction
blue f -> floor construction
blue W -> Wall Construction
Edit: Walls should not be built again, they are the top of the walls from the level below.

Step 02
Now that the first phase is done, and only now, we need to dig right over the aquifer at embark level.
(Note to self: "I hope that our miners will be smart enought _NOT_ to trap themselves in the middle, hah!")
Red Square -> channel

Action!

With this the setup is done.
We now need a brave dwarf to deconstruct the supporting architecture for the outmost ring.
The down stair should be removed first, followed by the up stair and finally the wall, which will trigger the cave-in.
There should be enought distance to prevent the test subject to be dragged along with the cave-in.
Actually it should be pretty safe, according to what I've read while sneaking in the restricted library in the mountain home.

After the first ring is down, channel the middle part of it, then on the level down, channel a single track to match the second ring, and repeact the process.

This plan is good enough for 3 layers of aquifer.

Let it be done!

Doc Valrandir
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 11:19:05 pm by Valrandir »

Valrandir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Voxcel
« Reply #118 on: April 08, 2011, 06:39:35 pm »

OOC
Above are my blueprints for the aquifer.
I am short on time and the post is not as nice as I would have liked, but the key content is there.
Hopefully we are not yet too far in summer.

plisskin

• Bay Watcher
  • That's "Plissken"
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 08, 2011, 06:49:43 pm »

OOC
Above are my blueprints for the aquifer.
I am short on time and the post is not as nice as I would have liked, but the key content is there.
Hopefully we are not yet too far in summer.

I'm not playing in between posts: I'm only playing after I've gotten everyone's orders. Seasons go fast so it works, although later in the fort I'll have to take a more real-time approach. We're still sitting at day 1 of summer.

Fantastic plan, Val. I'll make it so while EmperorJon works on perimeter defence. I'll wait a little bit for other people to give me their orders since last time JoshuaXI and Mipe9 didn't give me any. I'll have the next update done tomorrow, GMT+1.
Legendary Wrestler
Legendary Ambusher

Left Eye
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 48