Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: First squad throw equipment on the ground and run away?  (Read 399 times)

Poncho

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
First squad throw equipment on the ground and run away?
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:30:53 am »

Hey again, so after my thread asking about how to deal with megabeasts i've made my first forge, furnace, woodburner, all the jazz to craft metal equipment for my squad 'The Granite Hurricanes' (just because of the name i feel as if they need to be as elite as i can make them) so i craft a few iron battleaxes and some breastplates and a goblin thief arrives.

I send them off to kill it, he gets away. when i ask them all to come back, they drop their stuff in the middle of nowhere and run back, i don't even know how to get it back!

what am i doing wrong, what should i do?

Dwarfoloid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: First squad throw equipment on the ground and run away?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:58:40 am »

When you cancel orders from the squad command menu the squad sometimes reverts to their civilian status. Even if they were set as active when you issued your order. I have never seen them drop their stuff because of that though. Did you change their inactive uniform status from the schedule menu?

I'd try to take off their unifroms entirely and reassign them to fix the situation.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 05:01:09 am by Dwarfoloid »

proxn_punkd

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a better dove story than Twilight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 01:39:47 pm »

Also, in my experience, "kill" orders on megabeasts are bugged. Instead, one needs to station them near where the megabeast is, and they'll see it and go attack.

franti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 02:01:39 pm »

Make a stockpile for weapons/armor, and they'll pick it up and take it there. I've never heard of them dropping it, though. And make spears. Against a megabeast, armor won't help recruits much and axes won't hit organs.
Adamantine, Steel, Pig Iron, Iron, Bronze, Bismuth Bronze, Platinum, Brass, Black Bronze, Billon, Rose Gold, Electrum, Bismuth, Aluminum, Gold, Copper, Tin, Sterling Silver, Silver, Nickel, Zinc, Lead, Nickel Silver, Trifle Pewter, Fine Pewter, Lay Pewter.

Langdon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 01:23:56 am »

Hey again, so after my thread asking about how to deal with megabeasts i've made my first forge, furnace, woodburner, all the jazz to craft metal equipment for my squad 'The Granite Hurricanes' (just because of the name i feel as if they need to be as elite as i can make them) so i craft a few iron battleaxes and some breastplates and a goblin thief arrives.

I send them off to kill it, he gets away. when i ask them all to come back, they drop their stuff in the middle of nowhere and run back, i don't even know how to get it back!

what am i doing wrong, what should i do?

If they have mining/woodcutting/hunting labor enabled, they'll drop equipment when reverting to civilian (it's because those three jobs come with an "invisible uniform" that interferes with the regular uniform).

Remove those three labors from your soldiers, and they should keep their equipment properly even when inactive.