Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Infinite recruitement loopholes  (Read 2285 times)

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Infinite recruitement loopholes
« on: April 05, 2011, 04:11:07 am »

Hello!

I found some exploit that can lead to infinite recruitement, and only costs 220$!

Recruit someone, make him/her a ninja costume and buy him/her some spray paint. Send him/her into a raid, talk to people until some (6 are best) agree to a meeting (optional: ask for dates to boost seduction skill), then go around and spray 50 tags. Then, get away. He/she will have 50 juice, and will be able to have one recruit. Recruit one of the people, and then, rince and repeat.

Another way for the same result:

You can grab the M249 from the army base, an army body armor, disrobe and rerobe in the crack house  (triggering suspicion from conservatives in the area), and intimidate gang members (since successful intimidation (What the fuck man? Where did he/she got THAT?? ?? ??) raises juice), and even if this one is more dangerous (Watch out for the CCS), as far as I know, it doesn't get you wanted for crimes. I just think you would need some serious driving skill (and a sportcar) for this one.

What do you think about it?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 09:37:43 am by Elodie Hiras »

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Infinite recruitement exploit
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 04:27:36 am »

Been there, been done, the whole recruiting thing is great but too much of a pain to actually commit to action.

As for the last part - it's still not crimes because, er, nobody's actually accusing you of committing the crime - they don't know you took some guns from the army base, and the local gangs that just got a taste of your katana won't be calling the police because well, there's a scary guy with a katana ready to hack your head off.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 10:30:58 am »

Uh, how is this meant to be an exploit? An exploit takes advantage of a bug or glitch. An infinite chain or pyramid of recruits is explicitly allowed in the game mechanics (at least, I'm pretty sure there's no hard-coded "depth" limit).

Virroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 11:10:06 am »

Also, losing any character in that chain of command would cut off everything below.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 11:22:35 am »

Yeah, and since you actually need every character in the chain to be a criminal to get that 50 juice, you're running a huge risk. Plus then you'd have to actually MANAGE that many people! Blah.

Don't see much exploitation going on here.

and its a lot more efficient to make trips to the sweatshop and free workers if you're going to do this - free a bunch, send them back individually to break some machines and spraypaint some walls and recruit again.

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:02:27 pm »

Try that on Conservative Nightmare mode, with CCS active... spraying the first 50 tags is sort of easy, but the NEXT 50 tags will be deeper and deeper into the building, so you've got a good chance of being accosted by gun wielding conservatives. Then you'll actually have to fight for your life!

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 08:33:31 pm »

Reminds me of the Hippy Crime Death Squad. I recruited a bunch of hippies to go raid the Army base with fists, with a new shipment of them arriving daily. Said Army got pissed off and brought tanks and all to raid my base, but my army of ridiculously large number of hippies won the day, managing to drive off a bunch of men with M16s and military bodyarmor with fists, t-shirts and jeans.

Then I got bored and quit that game, :P
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 08:37:27 pm by Hyo »

jasonred79

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 06:39:40 am »

I don't think that you can actually damage Army Body Armor with fists in the current version, currently even swords will hardly ever penetrate.

Hyo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 07:16:59 am »

I forgot which version it was, but trust me, I won over the soldiers in the end, but at a ridiculous kill ratio - it was definitely very, very gory.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 12:27:26 pm »

I don't think that you can actually damage Army Body Armor with fists in the current version, currently even swords will hardly ever penetrate.

Swords cut heads off though.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 07:12:57 pm »

Reminds me of the Hippy Crime Death Squad. I recruited a bunch of hippies to go raid the Army base with fists, with a new shipment of them arriving daily. Said Army got pissed off and brought tanks and all to raid my base, but my army of ridiculously large number of hippies won the day, managing to drive off a bunch of men with M16s and military bodyarmor with fists, t-shirts and jeans.

Then I got bored and quit that game, :P
i did that with army of sweatshop workers all packing .22
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 08:59:52 pm »

The plan is actually far too complex.

Spraypaint the Vegan Co-op instead, and send six recruits at a time.  There are few conservatives in that location, even in the Arch-Conservative times, and rarely is anyone armed.  The mass of easy-to-recruit hippies also helps.

Also works with the Crackhouse if you want to recruit different character types.

Another option is to send solo characters to the latte stand, park, or any location where weak conservatives can commonly be found at the entrance square, fight/kill a solo conservative, then repeat until 50 juice.  It has the advantage of building weapon skill as well.

Innominate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 02:41:52 am »

Also, wouldn't you have to restrict yourself to recruiting people with at least 1 persuasion skill, since I'm pretty sure that in the latest version you can't recruit at all with 0 skill? (I assume you just punch people in the face when trying to discuss issues with them)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 10:41:36 am »

A fatal flaw with using the park or vegan co-op: You'll quickly run out of walls to spraypaint, since the LCS tags are persistent. These locations are also slow to clean graffiti, so you can't just wait for the month to turn over and get a clean slate.

Also, wouldn't you have to restrict yourself to recruiting people with at least 1 persuasion skill, since I'm pretty sure that in the latest version you can't recruit at all with 0 skill? (I assume you just punch people in the face when trying to discuss issues with them)

If this is still true, you can deal with it by asking enough people to level up persuasion and come back tomorrow.

Svirfneblim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »

Um... free six child workers, sweatshop workers or slaves. Give them one spray-paint and send them to tag an area up to 50 juice. Divide them into two groups and send each to free three of their mates each. Repeat as much as you like.

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be how you can play the game if you want.
Pages: [1] 2