Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60254 times)

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #465 on: November 01, 2011, 06:07:48 pm »

I just noticed this thread, and I am disappointed in my self because of this fact. Anyway...
I downloaded this via steam, and it's pretty fun so far. Any tips for a noob?
Do what feels right! Just keep in mind that buying a weapon/armor piece directly from a vender (unless its a no-star item) is a horrible choose, as their prices are much higher then that of the Auction House or the cost of making the item yourself.
...Said Bloxace.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 01, 2011, 08:39:08 pm »

I downloaded this via steam, and it's pretty fun so far. Any tips for a noob?

1. Read the wiki! Don't read about the bosses if you don't want spoilers.
2. Play with mist, craft with crystal.
3. Don't energy revive in a party, until everyone is down. Then decide on one guy to energy revive, who will then HP revive capable knights.
4. Pick-up group (PUG) is usually not the best idea. Make friends, join a guild!
5. You are always out-numbered by the enemies, so defense is many times more important than offense. To win means to stay alive.
6. Shielding has a slight delay to it.
7. After attacking there is a slight delay (recovery time) before you can block, to finish the attack animation. Duration of the delay depends on the weapon used. The last swing of a sword combo will have the largest recovery time.
8. Attack moves that are there are not always meant to be used. You can swing three times with a sword, but that doesn't mean you have to or you should swing three times. When you hit an enemy with your third swing, you cannot block for a short while, and that's when three other enemies hit you back.
9. Shield-bump. When you quickly tab your shield and then release it, you can knock adjacent enemies away. This can break you out of a crowd, and can be used even when your shield is broken.
10. Shield-cancel. Press and hold shield after your attack has been started. When you stop attacking, your attack animation will be cut short, and your shield will be deployed faster than if you press block after you stop attacking.
11. Learn the enemies' attack patterns. They will have additional moves when you go down a tier.
12. Try solo'ing. Enemies get more HP when there're more knights in the party. While you have to use energy to revive if you die (since there's no one to save you... just don't revive more than once), you can control the flow of the battle easily as there is no other knights to lead a pack of enemies into you. Take it slow, and learn how to handle a crowd. Then you'll do better in a party.
13. Not all charge attacks are created equal. Some of them are utterly useless in a battle (e.g. Cutter line of swords).

I disagree with Taz though... you shouldn't just buy your way into T2. Gears don't mean everything in this game - even with the best gear your HP bar will still evaporate in an instant if you get hit in T2/T3. Skill matters more than gear, and so you should spend some time in T1 honing your moves, or you might find yourself lying on the ground a lot in T2.

Learning the recipes is a one-time cost, but you can keep making the item afterwards. On days you don't have time to play you can spend your 100 mist crafting popular T1/T2 gears and then sell them in auction house. If you get lucky and get a nice UV, it will sell for a lot.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 08:51:38 pm by kcwong »

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 01, 2011, 09:09:58 pm »

...If you get lucky and get a nice UV, it will sell for a lot.
This only applies if the UV is useful! A damage bonus low versus beasts or gremlins on an elemental damage weapon, for example, is utter rubbish. A speed bonus on a slow sword, however, can bump up the price I imagine.
...Said Bloxace.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:28 pm »

I'd also like to know, since I think I had something like 100 CE total before I left.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 01, 2011, 09:28:07 pm »

Its the shadow keys being on sale, as they are 1500ce a pop. After today, though, they will only drop from lockboxes. The market usually hovers around 6000cr for 100ce. If you have been gone for months, its just natural price increase.
...Said Bloxace.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 01, 2011, 10:19:08 pm »

.. 100 CE = 6,200 Crowns ~

It depends on the time when you login, and if there are any CE sellers actively working against you. I've bought 300 CE at around 5900 crowns last night.

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 01, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »

I'm so close to my Nameless Poncho, I can smell it...
Anyway, Just went on and the CE was 6020cr for 100. Just proves kcwong's point.
...Said Bloxace.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 02, 2011, 02:43:31 pm »

Finally got it working again. Stupid drivers.

Also, I have about 82,000 crowns. Didn't think I had that much...

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 02, 2011, 05:35:00 pm »

What do y'all think of the new Shadow Lairs? I'm quite interested to see what you guys think of them, even if you haven't been in one.
...Said Bloxace.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 02, 2011, 05:37:19 pm »

I haven't played since the gunpuppy/laser factory level was added.

Would someone please fill me in on what's new?
Everybody!

Bloxace

• Bay Watcher
  • You must dig deeper!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 02, 2011, 05:52:50 pm »

There are not many new things in the game, but they are some. *Ahem*
Two new turrets; one undead, the other slime.
A new area, called Candlestick Keep.
The Halloween event, which you most likely missed.
A reward wheel at the end of levels, which drops random items of use and Lockboxes.
Iron Lockboxes, which are opened(with a Silver Key) for an Accessory or a Shadow Key.
Accessories, which are cosmetic items placed on armor and helms.
And Shadow Lairs, very difficult versions of the boss dungeons, but you need a Shadow Key to get into them.

Hope that helps.
...Said Bloxace.

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 02, 2011, 05:55:45 pm »

Thanks.
Everybody!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 02, 2011, 10:50:06 pm »

Adding to Bloxace's post...

Royal Jelly has been weakened to a level more suitable for a T2 boss.
- He no longer regenerates health non-stop. He has to come into contact with minis to heal.
- He no longer spawns minis around him. This makes guns viable.
- Even when he's not spin attacking, if you come into contact with RJ, you will be damaged and knocked back. This makes guns the preferred weapon!
- He is now weak to shadow damage.
- He loses his crown when he goes berserk.
- Jelly turrets (polyps) were added to the room. They will shoot a single spike only (normal T2 version shoots three), but they have greatly increased HP and will spawn minis.
In short Royal Jelly is much easier now, people with 2-3* gears now have a good chance of beating him.

Divine Avenger's charged attack is changed. The blades are now arranged in a tighter angle, which makes the glitch to kill the wheels in FSC impossible.

The looks for the Sealed Sword line has been altered. Sealed loses its green glow, it now looks like a thin blade covered in bandages. Avenger and Faust are now a Sealed with less bandage and a faint yellow/purple glow. Divine Avenger and Gran Faust have the bandages removed and the glow less bright than before.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:53:22 pm by kcwong »

Wolf Tengu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 03, 2011, 02:52:34 am »

Yay, royal jelly change!

Can I have a download link please?  I've hard-reset my compy since I stipped playing last time.
Everybody!

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 03, 2011, 03:21:57 am »

Visit http://www.spiralknights.com/ and hit the "Play Now" button on the right. That will download the JAR and setup a shortcut for you.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 37