Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60251 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2011, 06:14:51 pm »

MUST TRY NOW !!!!!

Downloading right now I can't wait to see how this plays

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2011, 06:15:27 pm »

@BlueRobin: That is correct. I have the recipe, if you wanna give me mats/energy.

Edit: Coat given away.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 06:56:59 pm by Koja »
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2011, 06:32:52 pm »

ALSO. Please keep an eye out at recipe NPCs, for a Kamarin recipe. I'll need to buy one, but I don't know where to find it. If anyone can buy the recipe for me, I'll pay them what it cost. Don't buy it if it's 5k+, or if the below is impossible. v
I'm looking for it as well.  I even have Khorovod, the next tier.  However, I can guarantee you the Kamarin price is exactly 5500, because EVERYTHING from that tier is 5500.

If you can find it and buy it for me, I'll pay you back.
.. Also, any confirmation that you can use weapons already bound to you in order to transmute a new one?
If you're the one doing the crafting, yes.

...Oh.
Ingame name Jaybud
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:11:03 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2011, 06:48:59 pm »

I just reached Haven YAY

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2011, 12:44:23 am »

Alright, seems it wasnt my internet, something was downloading. Game runs like a charm now.

Char name is "Shakaru"

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 08:25:40 am »

Been running around getting my face bitten off by lightning wolver trying to get a materials for tier two gear. My namesake is Smitehappy.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 01:17:31 pm »

Rex and Smite, glad to hear you are enjoying the game. Looking forward to seeing you online.

Right now I'm low on energy and looking for 2* Armour - recipes, materials, etc. If any of you have learned recipes for those sorts of things please let me know and I'll bug you when I have the necessary materials.

Today's lesson: don't say you have a bunch of materials to randoms because they will want them for free. (Man, I killed too many dudes to get those things to give em away yet!)
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2011, 02:27:03 pm »

I am going to get on for a bit now I need some stuff to sell !!!!

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2011, 03:10:25 pm »

I have Khorovod now.  It is amazing.
However, it is sloow, so I don't recommend it for finesse :P
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2011, 03:59:15 pm »

There's a bunch of "Tricks" that are never mentioned enough:

The last hit of a combo will negate attacks. Small combo swords are better at this. Starting a 3 hit combo early loses 33% damage, but is often faster than a given enemies attack chargeup.

Activating shields will bounce away immediately adjacent enemies. It is rare that a tapping shield has negative consequences. I've set mine to left-click with WASD controls.

Join friends on arena levels/deconstruction/etc- the energy/crown efficiency is highly favorable, even if you give them the mats.

The energy market is composed of both irrational consumers and logical yet simple capitalists. Buying energy to fund an immediate dungeon run will cost you, so it's better to think ahead. If you aspire to profit, remember the 2% transaction fee- it's not always worth the trouble.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2011, 07:31:16 pm »

My characters name is Adwarf

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:27 pm »

My character's name is Outrider. Do we have a guild yet? Also any tips for a newbie?
nothing

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2011, 10:17:47 pm »

My character's name is Outrider. Do we have a guild yet? Also any tips for a newbie?

We don't have a guild that I know of. Tips are - make sure your connection is good (the bars in the top right corner) before fighting, as lag will get you killed, and learning when and how to block effectively is the most important part of the game.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2011, 01:59:04 am »

Also, try out multiple gateways. For example, currently, the first gateway is the best for newbies.

Why? Because of how easy it is to abuse Guns inside it. Nearly everything in that gate for the entirety of the tier 0 levels are slow. You can easily just run in circles for minutes on end killing everything. The only real exceptions are the dogs, which cannot harm you if you just combo them over and over with your sword. If there is more then one, it gets a bit tougher, but that's about it.

Easily, Gun > Sword. On levels I cant survive the first minute on with the sword/shield, I can ace without being damaged with a gun. Furthest I have gotten is the second Arena match, until I got trapped in a wave of robots and couldn't move.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:00:52 am by Rex_Nex »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2011, 03:15:06 am »

I need to play a bit more of this sometime, maybe tommorow. In-game name Tilla IIRC, from closed beta
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37