Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60247 times)

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2011, 06:15:29 pm »

By first dungeon do you mean the one in Base Camp or the first one in Haven?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 06:57:56 pm »

There's no difference between them, besides the locales, as far as I can tell.
Depths 1-3 and 5-7 are about the same difficulty across all of them.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Denzi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2011, 07:08:57 pm »

Looks pretty nice, I'll have to check it out. If it can run on my laptop, I'll definitely be interested in playing some with yal :)

Edit: Woah... woah. Just went into the dungeon in the rescue camp, and are those reaverbots in there? Like from Megaman Legends? They have the same looking eye that a lot of generic reaverbots had... Awesome!

Game totally plays like Zelda, and I like that. So far I don't see anything too complicated (which might be a downside in the long run) though from what I've seen, you can level up your equipment, which is pretty sweet in itself. I'll keep an ear out for Bay12 get togethers.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 07:48:35 pm by Denzi »

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2011, 08:14:47 pm »

Sounds interesting. How does it scale for groups? I mean, can I do a dungeon with just my wife and do alright?

Does it work well with Xbox 360 controllers? I see that it supports gamepads.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 08:22:13 pm »

Sounds interesting. How does it scale for groups? I mean, can I do a dungeon with just my wife and do alright?
I've been solo'ing so far and doing fine. There are 'challenge' rooms though that I would strongly advise against you attempting without 4 players. Considering each dungeon is max 4 players though there isn't too much room for error in that area though. You can revive yourself for energy, too.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 10:25:04 pm »

Count me in; I'm Naxza there too.

Currently putzing around at Haven and hoping to get a stronger gun.

Well, I crafted me my bomb and have the necessary materials to make myself a better boomstick. All I need now is half a day's worth of energy. :X

EditEdit: Are the energy canisters received in the mail for making it to Haven tradeable? If we've saved those for those of us who recently joined, we could probably put them together to make a guild, assuming we had enough people and we're willing to part with the energy.

The energy canisters only refill your mist energy, I seem to recall - which means even with a bunch of energy canisters no one person would ever get >100 energy at a given time. We'll need crowns, and lots of them!

Also apologies if I lagged a lot Naxza, glad I could help with your crafting.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 10:27:22 pm »

Ninja-ed but I'm posting anyway, so there: I'm not sure whether they're tradeable but I think you need all 500 energy at once to make a guild and the canisters just refill your 100 mist energy.

I'll be around, I'm Zyll in game. So far I've gotten to Haven and did one dungeon until it got harder and I died twice... so maybe depth 3 or 4 5? I don't really remember. I can't decide if I like bombs or not. Can you throw them? Or just lay them down?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 11:00:53 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2011, 01:55:25 pm »

I'm Koja, in Moorcroft Manor with midgrade EQ. Give a holler if you need help. A bit strapped for cash, but not mats.

Also: Can't figure how to post spoilers, or i'd post a hilarious pic.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:33 pm »

And the actual forum code for that in case you want to/have to do it by hand:
Code: [Select]
[spoiler=How to post an image in a spoiler]
[img]http://content.screencast.com/users/bluerobin427/folders/Jing/media/7a8d040c-954a-4b53-ab04-c81cf005184d/2011-04-06_1508.png[/img]
[/spoiler]

On topic, I played some more last night and crafted my first stuff. Got some shadow resist as a unique variant on a 1* helm I made, which is far more exciting than it probably should be. I have to say, I think I like the crafting system and how you can pick which dungeons to do based on which materials you need. I guess you just have to hope there's a good variety of gates if you need different things for different armor/weapons.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:14:22 pm by Bluerobin »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »

Spoiler: Hehe (click to show/hide)

Hmm. Yeah, i've got a few hundred energy with 2star stuff, gonna grind some energy. What's a good name for a guild?

Planehacked?

(On Energy: Beware, energy markets are being manipulated wholesale. Post lower bids over 24 hour periods to avoid the market timers)

Edit: Fixed Spoiler
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 04:03:03 pm by Koja »
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2011, 03:17:43 pm »

I bought 300 energy while it was under 2k, used 50, now should I save it for high tier crafting or should I sell it for 3k each?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 03:53:07 pm »

[spoiler:Hehe]
Change the colon to an equals and you'll be good to go.

I WAS a bit surprised to see the difference in energy prices from one day to the next, but the difference between the prices people were buying at and selling at makes me think the market of actual energy sales is going to shift slowly if it shifts. And I guess it's only been two days since actual release, so it probably should be shifting around at this point. I was also a bit surprised how cheap energy was, but that's probably more a symptom of me not really know how much energy high-level crafting and other stuff can consume.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

Hmm. Yeah, i've got a few hundred energy with 2star stuff, gonna grind some energy. What's a good name for a guild?

Planehacked?
Planehacked is probably ok, i was just gonna suggest plain old "Bay 12" or "Bay Knights".

Has anyone acquired or seen a recipe for a Super Stun Gun that consumes a Stun Gun? I've got a high level stun gun that I'd like to upgrade at some point, until I find better stuff. (I am pretty sure such a recipe should exist as I bought a Super Slime Slayer recipe yesterday that consumed a Slime Slayer).

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 05:27:24 pm »

Hey, i can make super stun guns, just gimme the mats and i'll make it for free. Playername: Koja.

I make wolver armor, caliburs, defenders, and cobalt stuff too I think. And heavy hatchets from when I didnt know how valuable crowns were :P

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 05:30:46 pm »

Has anyone acquired or seen a recipe for a Super Stun Gun that consumes a Stun Gun? I've got a high level stun gun that I'd like to upgrade at some point, until I find better stuff. (I am pretty sure such a recipe should exist as I bought a Super Slime Slayer recipe yesterday that consumed a Slime Slayer).
The recipe on the wiki says it doesn't consume a stun gun, but it's been known to be inaccurate, so I'm not entirely sure. Koja, is the recipe on the wiki (3 red shards, 2 bronze bolts) right?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37