Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60230 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #525 on: August 05, 2013, 10:37:32 pm »

Is it still setup where you can't save up enough energy to craft gear without buying the special cash-only energy?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #526 on: August 05, 2013, 10:41:12 pm »

I think Taz said earlier that you no longer use energy to craft, but rather special dungeon drops.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #527 on: August 05, 2013, 10:47:19 pm »

yeah it might be a bit before I get in but when I do I'll be sure to do such a thing!

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: August 05, 2013, 11:07:03 pm »

Ah, sorry. I didn't see that today's posts started on the last page.

And I'm pretty sure the top-tier stuff used to cost more than 100 energy to craft, so you couldn't make the best gear unless you paid for crystal energy somehow. I guess it doesn't matter anymore, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:44 pm »

You could with crowns, but you had to deal with the helpfulness usually expensive tendency of a fully player-based energy market.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: August 05, 2013, 11:41:38 pm »

You could with crowns, but you had to deal with the helpfulness usually expensive tendency of a fully player-based energy market.

Yeah thinking back on it, that was my concern. The guild I was in was mostly tools, so I'd keep starting a lot of boss runs and inviting guildies at the boss for cheap loot and things like that, but no one else ever did it. I'd spend lots of energy getting everyone else loot and money, and barely broke even, myself. Now I remember why I quit MMOs.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: August 06, 2013, 11:30:14 am »

I'm Aklyon ingame Taz, and while it seems a bit more menu-laden than before, I'm liking it so far.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: August 06, 2013, 12:46:59 pm »

Also elevators are free now so you don't have to worry about energy I probably should've mentioned that earlier!

Nice! I had a ton of friends playing this game, and everyone ended up quitting because of the elevators. Great game, but when you only have one day a week to get everyone together, it sucked to have to quit SK after a half hour because everyone used up their Energy.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: August 06, 2013, 12:51:01 pm »

I haven't played this since last year... I might launch it up sometime.
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: August 06, 2013, 12:56:45 pm »

How is it nowadays?

I ended up stopping slightly before the Twin-Turret boss was launched because just grinding Vanaduke's lair for cash was getting boring.
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #535 on: August 06, 2013, 05:07:42 pm »

For anyone still on the fence, yeah, this basically removes every arbitrary "why does this exist" complaint I had in the game. Weapons now take more then a day to hit max level, along with other resources, energy is gone by and large, minerals are now used for crafting little foods for your pokemon esque buddy. Difficulty levels are always great.

My only complaint is the new GUI, as awesome as he is I don't see why I need a huge image of my character's head taking up about a sixth of the screen.

I'm not joining up with Taz yet, I still need to determine a few things before I decide what to do. Rest assured I'll be along in some form eventually though. Hopefully with my big 4 star gear guy.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 05:11:46 pm by Seriyu »

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:42 pm »

If you want to add me I'm Ozythesage

Don't know when/if I'll be on though

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: August 06, 2013, 05:16:18 pm »

energy is gone by and large

Hrm. I converted all my cash to something like 60k worth of CE before I stopped. Is it worth anything?
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: August 06, 2013, 07:41:01 pm »

Starting to play this one more time, my name is Xeno-Evils

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: August 06, 2013, 09:02:31 pm »

So, er, I kind of stopped playing not too long after I made this topic. I should probably edit the OP to contain more relevant information.

So, anyone want to have a go at writing a new OP for this thread? I'll edit it in myself, I haven't played in forever so I have no context of my own to really add though I may edit for grammar if necessary.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37