Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60231 times)

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #510 on: February 25, 2012, 05:34:33 am »

Here's what I think of this update:
- New players joining right now would be overjoyed... the missions are a great way to introduce them to the game. Veteran players would have to grind the lower rank missions to get to the good ones.
- I've unlocked the Royal Jelly mission (rank 4), I've only met three new enemies. (but those are very nice additions)
-The early missions give away lots of low level generic items and recipes like the cobalt, calibur and blaster line. The 1* items come with max UV - newbies have a chance in tier 1 Lockdown now.
- The Arcade is almost useless now, since you can have a mission to go directly to tier 1 & 2 bosses. The only use is to deposit minerals (but you will want to keep some minerals on hand for scavanger-type missions).
- The boss missions are not the most profitable missions though - Battle Arena missions are.
- The missions do not state how many levels there will be. They range from 1 to 3.
- The Supply Depot allows you to purchase items with energy... the price is a total ripoff. Warn every new players not to buy from there.
- You can do multiple Hall of Heroes missions - no energy cost, and you can buy recipes (usual Basil price) there. It's similar to the Spiral Warden's force field, you need a full set of 2*-4* items to complete them. You can return anytime once unlocked.
- Zombies leap now do damage, if you are in the path. Due to lag they can often damage you even if you've already ran away.
- Antigua line changed to pure damage. Solo'ing Vana is going to be painful now, since both piercing gun lines left root you to the ground.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 25, 2012, 06:05:28 am »

Hm, I would be interested in playing this again, but I would need a couple of people to play with, so I can get acquainted with the new updates, and things like that.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: May 20, 2012, 11:36:44 pm »

*Uses half of my health to revive the thread*

A year or so since I started playing, I've finally completed my goal of solo Vanaduke (with one revive).

Weapon - Glacius, Fang of Vog, Polaris, Blitz Needle
Armor - Full Vog Cub
Shield - Barbarous Thorn BladeShield
Trinkets - None

For 1st and 3rd phases, I used Glacius to kill the walkers, then Blitz charges on Vana. Treating Vana like a very big Trojan worked.

For the mask phases, I didn't go in too much after the first water (swinging FoV). I played it safe, throwing water and then with Polaris from outside. It took me a while, but no HP lost until 5th phase, where I tried to ambush the guards like Shiwen did in his first video but failed (positioning is not right or it turned faster than my latency).

I gave up the idea of using Glacius + FoV to kill them - I would be standing in the same general area for too long, Vana would charge/smack me. So instead I started running in big circles, and blitz when I could. I didn't manage to blitz very effectively... the guards were in the way, and Vana charged around a lot for me to land a lot of hits. After a while got killed by homing shadow fire.

After revive I switched to Polaris (2-shot) and kept running. Vana renewed the guards for a total of 4 times and died. Now I just need to practice more, and I will be able to solo Vanaduke without revive...

The current CE price (~7.6k cr) is very mean to new players though.

Edit: Yeah it's BTS, not BTB...
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 02:46:05 am by kcwong »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: May 21, 2012, 01:51:10 am »

The thorn blade as a shield? Don't you mean the barbarous thorn shield? Other than that, it seems like most of the things I have, are the same as your equipment.

Also Hail Revivalist!
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 15, 2012, 09:14:50 pm »

And the guardian armor pack is on sale... the costumes together with 5k CE, 30-day heat amp and 30-day ele pass, which makes it worth buying.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 15, 2012, 09:32:50 pm »

Now that I have an actual income I might start playing again depending on how many people are interested.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 15, 2012, 11:06:36 pm »

Great, now I want a guildhall. Still no interest in the guild, though. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 16, 2012, 04:59:58 am »

On the other hand, I can't really imagine wanting to leave for another guild. I'm allergic to uncool people, and the Mist Well that I want so badly is shared with everyone, so any random kid could omnomnom all my deposited ME unless I use it all in one go.

Currently you can lock the mist well away with furniture. OOO said that doors are planned, and you can set access level on them.

Though now that I think about it, it's possible that once you purchase the Mist Well, which I believe functions the same as any other furnishing, will remain even if you lose the upgrades. In which case, the weekly upkeep could be as low as 0 crowns. Will have to look into that.

As far as I understand it, you need to keep the wings unlocked to use the furniture. If the wings are gone, the furniture will be returned to guild treasury. I could be wrong though...

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 16, 2012, 10:03:32 am »

"tarzan"

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 05, 2013, 08:16:50 pm »

Also elevators are free now so you don't have to worry about energy I probably should've mentioned that earlier!

Oh? Still use Energy to craft and stuff, though? Interesting.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 05, 2013, 08:24:12 pm »

What did elevators do again? I haven't played this in a long time.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 05, 2013, 08:31:50 pm »

What did elevators do again? I haven't played this in a long time.

You had to enter an elevator to go into the dungeon area, and every floor you visited required that you pay more energy. You had 100 max energy or something like that, and it regenerated slowly over time. You could also buy crystallized energy for cash.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 05, 2013, 08:36:01 pm »

Well then I might as well try this again. Sounds great if you don't have to do that now. Is there a group we have or did that not happen/stop happening?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 05, 2013, 08:38:28 pm »

Huh, dodge rolls and less need for energy sounds interesting. You can still use energy to craft and stuff though, right? Now that I have money to spend I wouldn't mind laying some donw provided I were interested for long enough.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #524 on: August 05, 2013, 10:31:24 pm »

I might have to look into this again! The changes sound pretty neat.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37