Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60253 times)

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #420 on: July 28, 2011, 02:54:17 pm »

... Drunkers, actually. Because it's very slightly funnier than drinkers. I think I've been the only officer online as of late, so hit Antonenko up if you want in.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 29, 2011, 04:35:46 am »

So I went down with Ochita and I have all the luck, apparently~
I was getting all the blue shards, and most of the other stuff, especially things he needed~
Meanwhile, we hit a treasure vault, which was my third vault in a row~

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 29, 2011, 04:40:42 am »

Yes.

Ein took all of the good lewt that I needed. It was a sad affair for me.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 30, 2011, 08:12:50 am »

Saving up 400 CE and 2500 crowns take a lot of time... esp. with all the recipes you came upon seducing you. But I think I'll finally have my first 4* weapon, Ascended Calibur, tomorrow...

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2011, 08:44:05 pm »

holy shit a bomberman mode.
nothing

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2011, 10:54:02 pm »

It looks awesome, I wouldn't have PvP any other way. Haven't had the chance to try it yet, heard it's bugged though. Might've been fixed by now.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2011, 11:08:04 pm »

It looks awesome, I wouldn't have PvP any other way. Haven't had the chance to try it yet, heard it's bugged though. Might've been fixed by now.

Indeed. I've read people screaming about PvP, but I don't think they've really sit down and think about how it should be implemented.

Equipments play a huge part in SK. If you do PvP, you need to figure out how to let players choose their gear. You can't let one choose before another, it's completely unfair; you can't let the contestants choose their gears blindly, or everyone will go for best coverage protection or depend on luck. If you give contestants standard gears according to their rankings, they'll be screaming about it being boring and unable to use their own items.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 08, 2011, 11:03:52 am »

I was playing with a random group in T2 tonight... was doing fine but all of them left (dropped vials on ground, headed back up) before Jelly Palace. We were doing mighty fine before that, clearing all those fiend levels and three arenas with nearly no revives (I didn't die).

When I thought I'll have to head back up just before JK, Alstar showed up. He came to help me fight JK, since I couldn't possibly do it alone. But once the fight started, lag monster hit me. Hard.

I lost 2 whole minutes of progress... 2 whole minutes of walking around doing nothing (all this time my client's running smoothly). Then the data arrived and I saw a bumpy playback of those 2 minutes, and Alstar's message "we're not gonna make it".

I was 3 tokens short of sealed sword... lag monster ate it  :-[ Never did I experience so much lag before.

Well, at least I got something in return... got the CE and crowns to craft a 3* thorn shield, plus my first item drop while solo'ing JP - a Rock Jelly Armor. So watch out JK - I'll be back with a vengeance!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 08:00:17 pm by kcwong »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #428 on: August 08, 2011, 02:23:01 pm »

HELLO SPIRAL KNIGHTS THREAD!

I have a thing for you to test. Namely a friend of mine has been working on a utility for outputting the requirements for a bunch of equipment. IE you can input all of the equipment and upgrades to equipment you're intending to get, and it'll print out a list of how many mats you need, how many crowns you need (I think just for the crafting costs, but I'll have to double check on that), and of course how much energy you need.

Where do you guys come in you might be wondering? Well it's incomplete and I'm hard at work as a data entry monkey plugging in values, but what I need you fellows to do is just kinda play with it and see if anything funny happens, if any images and such are missing, any misspellings, any inconsistancies in recipes, so on so forth.

So to summarize, I need you folks to mess with it and report the following issues.
-Misspellings in mat or equipment names.
-If a weapon or armor has the wrong number of stars filled in. (IE blaster has 4 stars instead of 2, for instance)
-If a weapon or armor recipe has the wrong recipe.
-If the end total of the recipe is adding up incorrectly.
-Missing images of ANY kind.
-If any wiki links are broken and not working.
-And anything about the calculator itself that is breaking where it shouldn't be.

As of now, we only have all of the swords and most of the guns, but again I'm chippin away at it. I'll be sure to keep the thread updated with updates to the calculator.

At any rate, here's what you actually want. http://games.springlessclock.com/spiralknights/

Please don't go too nuts with it, as it is poorly optimized as of now and the results could be catastrophic. By which of course I mean, a website that currently has nothing on it would go down for a few hours.

Bugs can be reported either via this thread, PMing me on the forums, or using the E-mails stated in the directions in the link at the top of the page. Do note if you're using the e-mails, issues with the calculator interface itself go to a seperate E-mail then issues with information inaccuracy.

We are also accepting suggestions, again, please PM them to me, E-mail someone on the project, or post in the thread with them. Do note however, we don't want to put for instance, stun gun stuns, individual speed and attack values for each weapon etc. There are links to the wiki for a reason. :P

Thanks for the help (and sitting through this post) everyone!

KNOWN BUGS, GLITCHES AND GENERAL WIERDNESS:
-Items bought with tokens are still shown as needing to be crafted, as such energy and crown totals are slightly (or quite a bit) higher then they actually are, depending on how many token items you have in your layout.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:45:36 pm by Seriyu »

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:20 pm »

Indeed. I've read people screaming about PvP, but I don't think they've really sit down and think about how it should be implemented.

Equipments play a huge part in SK. If you do PvP, you need to figure out how to let players choose their gear. You can't let one choose before another, it's completely unfair; you can't let the contestants choose their gears blindly, or everyone will go for best coverage protection or depend on luck. If you give contestants standard gears according to their rankings, they'll be screaming about it being boring and unable to use their own items.

An idea I had: tally up the total star value of all the player's gear, and only pit them against people of roughly the same star value. (+/- 1-2 stars?)
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 08, 2011, 07:59:20 pm »

An idea I had: tally up the total star value of all the player's gear, and only pit them against people of roughly the same star value. (+/- 1-2 stars?)

That assumes the stars reflect the true combat power of the items... but unfortunately they do not, not only because of a lack of balancing, but also because they are designed to be used against monsters, not players. For example Cold Iron is much weaker than Leviathan, since players are never undead. Any armor with a status/damage type weakness will also have a big effect on the accuracies of star values.

There's also the problem of movement speed. Unless with that specific shield players move at same speed. Which means fights will last forever as the players run in circles shooting/bombing. Or if among two players of same skill, one of them has less lag, he will win as he'll be able to catch up.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #431 on: August 08, 2011, 09:26:22 pm »

Oh also, by the way, kcwong, what's your username in game? Me and a couple of friends are fairly consistantly running jelly king every night so we can invitecha if you have room while we're doin it.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 08, 2011, 09:41:15 pm »

Well..

Me and Vertigon did manage to get to the Jelly king. It was pretty cool.

Although its hard when you're stuck in a mass of pulsating slime. You die quickly.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #433 on: August 08, 2011, 09:48:30 pm »

The key is to bum rush him, ignore his little buddies, poison him when possible, DoT's, the works. He needs to die as soon as possible or he will wreck you, and his regen makes that very difficult.

In fact anyone in general that's interested in taking part of a jelly king run PM me with your username and I'll add you, or you can add me, username Seriyu, be sure to put "From B12" or something else similar for your reason or I'll probably just think you're a random guy.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:01 pm »

TheBlindPeople is ready and willing to kick some ass. Ive been delving just to the terminal for recipes for t3 items, but I'm always unlucky with the stock. Perhaps a few jelly tokens would help out.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 37