Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online  (Read 60264 times)

scout890

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm finding it hard to care about anything anymore
    • View Profile
Re: Spiral Knights - Phantasy Star Four Swords Online
« Reply #405 on: July 26, 2011, 01:13:49 am »

One time I was playing with a bunch of random people and everyone was almost dead and we come across a love puppy. So what does this one guy do? He runs up to it and kills it before any of us could heal or say anything. It didn't even drop anything...
nothing

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 26, 2011, 04:56:57 am »

One time I was playing with a bunch of random people and everyone was almost dead and we come across a love puppy. So what does this one guy do? He runs up to it and kills it before any of us could heal or say anything. It didn't even drop anything...

He's probably being a greedy a-hole. As I understand it, equipment drops are not randomly distributed?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 26, 2011, 09:39:13 am »

Met Valican again... he joined when I was half-way done with T1 (getting tier access to avoid 200cr fee later). Too bad I already cleared 2 danger rooms on depth 2 and 3 before that. Instead Valican had to do 3 deconstruction levels. *pat*

We went on to T2, which my best record before was to solo 4 levels without dying. We started dying too much on depth 11, so we cleared the level and left. Valican had a piercing sword, and the enemies were mostly ghosts and jellies, with some constructs and a few chromalisks, so it's heavily stacked against him.

I earned 9K crowns in total... not bad, not bad.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 26, 2011, 09:48:08 am »

Met Valican again... he joined when I was half-way done with T1 (getting tier access to avoid 200cr fee later). Too bad I already cleared 2 danger rooms on depth 2 and 3 before that. Instead Valican had to do 3 deconstruction levels. *pat*

We went on to T2, which my best record before was to solo 4 levels without dying. We started dying too much on depth 11, so we cleared the level and left. Valican had a piercing sword, and the enemies were mostly ghosts and jellies, with some constructs and a few chromalisks, so it's heavily stacked against him.

I earned 9K crowns in total... not bad, not bad.
I'm not a weapons expert but my sword seemed to do normal damage on the ghosts.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 26, 2011, 09:50:56 am »

Anyone I can play with online? :3
I can whats your gamename?
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 26, 2011, 09:51:47 am »

Anyone I can play with online? :3

I'm out of mist now... can you go online about 2 hours earlier tomorrow? Or do you want to get my loot in RotMG now?

Btw... King Krogmo's Coliseum
Not sure if that's PvP or SK turned Bomberman...

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 26, 2011, 10:51:48 am »

Hey, if anyone wants to join with me, my guys' name is Silvertoungeddevil <Spiral Reich>
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
When I go south, things go south
« Reply #412 on: July 27, 2011, 05:28:49 am »

Due to the view angle, I find it hard to see enemies coming from the bottom of the screen... especially lumbers, who can attack you from out of the screen with no warning due to its reach.

I solo'ed T2 up to level 15 today... even though the levels are the poorer ones (desconstruction, jigsaw and wolver dens), I still got 7K crowns for my trouble. Had to revive once when I was moving south.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #413 on: July 28, 2011, 12:39:38 am »

WOW roarmulous twins brings my computer to a screeching halt. I have like a 5 second delay on every action. Which honestly would still probably be managable but my buddy is using a piercing weapon so the scuttlebots are a giant pain to kill off repeatedly. Does anyone have any miracle solutions to this situation that don't involve me spending money on new computer parts? (If I had the money I would, but I don't.) And more importantly does this bode ill for my framerate on other bosses?

I'm doubting it but figured I'd check. :P

EDIT: Also taz, when I get on tomarrow I'll add you to my friend list so I can at least keep an eye out for ya.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:58:23 am by Seriyu »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 28, 2011, 01:05:36 am »

WOW roarmulous twins brings my computer to a screeching halt. I have like a 5 second delay on every action. Which honestly would still probably be managable but my buddy is using a piercing weapon so the scuttlebots are a giant pain to kill off repeatedly. Does anyone have any miracle solutions to this situation that don't involve me spending money on new computer parts? (If I had the money I would, but I don't.) And more importantly does this bode ill for my framerate on other bosses?

First you have to determine if that's lag or slowdown in your client. If it's lag, you can buy a supercomputer and it won't change anything. Go to config and set your graphics settings to lowest, then try again.

I'm on the other side of the planet from the server. I've never seen my connection bar higher than a tiny red square, but I don't have 5-seconds lag either. I only get some lag spikes once in a while, causing me to run into obstacles or fail to block, so on average the game is performing pretty good for me. My graphics settings are set to max on everything.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #415 on: July 28, 2011, 01:34:52 am »

I'm fairly certain it's a video card issue as lowering the graphics settings to low (Been on low since I started the game, shoulda mentioned that.), turning on compatability mode and switching java core affinity to a single core all did very little for it, but helped a bit in other areas. Would lowering the resolution help? I just realized I Never tried that. I really have no idea how computers work barring a few bits here and there. EDIT: I also set the process priority to the setting below realtime, didn't help.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 01:48:07 am by Seriyu »

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 28, 2011, 02:02:07 am »

Are you having problems on the twins themselves or just in the factory?

The game tends to cough when a group spawns, but all the rockets and robots and crap in the factory seems to give everyone some troubles. I've never had anything like a constant 5000 ms ping though, if that's what you're describing, literally.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #417 on: July 28, 2011, 02:13:26 am »

Only in the boss room, more specifically when I get closer to the twins. It's fine in the elevator room, you move on, small consistant lag, farther, hits and peaks at about what I said. I'd considered that my video card was choking on the sheer size of the both of them but I really dunno how likely that is. And as another note as far as I know, I'm up to date with drivers.

And another thing to note is this is an intel chipset, since I just found out they're notorious even among onboard cards for being terrible.

EDIT: Ironically, WHILE THIS IS HAPPENING, the framerate is the smoothest I have ever seen in spiral knights, it just has a several second delay tagged onto it that makes it unplayable. :P
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 02:14:59 am by Seriyu »

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2011, 02:52:00 pm »

Been playing this game for a couple of weeks now. It's quite refreshing to find an MMO that doesn't feel like work. Are there any Bay 12 guilds around?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2011, 02:53:07 pm »

Guild name is Jelly Drinkers I think it was. Dunno who to PM to get in though.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37