Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Giant Bull Moose: Surprisingly, Not a Great Housepet  (Read 1314 times)

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Giant Bull Moose: Surprisingly, Not a Great Housepet
« on: April 04, 2011, 11:37:27 pm »

So I just bought a giant bull moose from the Elves, thinking it would make a great lawn ornament for my front yard, you know, something for the goblins to admire on their way in to celebrate goblin Christmas. Now this poor freak of nature is mowing the grass down to sand at a prodigious rate. I put him in a big pasture outside with plenty of dense grass. He's halfway through it in a month, and starving just eating as fast as his poor little moose jaws can chew. I'm afraid in the time it would take me to move him to another pasture when he finishes mowing my front lawn, he'll keel over. Damn elves. What kind of sadistic, nature hating bastards put a giant moose in a cage and sell him to you without telling you that he is some kind of twisted freak wrought out of elven "nature" magic and doomed to suffer an excruciating torment of continual starvation for his entire short miserable life?

Elves. Well, they are off the map, long gone, probably snickering all the way back to their forest retreats. Next time, I'm paying with Magma-Card.

Funburns

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Bull Moose: Surprisingly, Not a Great Housepet
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 12:17:29 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If only they knew...

GhostDwemer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 12:26:53 am »

Okay, Elves, here's the thing about your Mooselord. Good news is, I've found a way to keep him around. Bad news is, not all in one piece. The Mooselord is moose parts now, and soon to be Giant Bull Moose Roast, and Giant Moose Leather Hoods and Cloaks. Ahem. Sorry, you really should have been more explicit in your instructions.

Fredd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 12:31:32 am »

When they return, offer them a wooden barrel of moose guts as a offering. That would be a big hint as to your feelings on the matter
Should you fail to comply, strict !!disciplinary actions!! will be taken. Also, we feel we should remind you that one of the "criminals" on your list is the chief medical dwarf. If he ends up too badly injured to do his job, you will be fired. Out of a magma cannon.
Sincerely,
The Administration

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:51:30 am »

At least it's not one-shotting your dwarven children when they're going out to play.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 04:43:44 am »

[GRAZER:24] might have something to do with it...

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:39 am »

Well... It IS a giant moose! Imagine a elephant size moose eating grass......Not a great way to save the grasses huh?