Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I get BABBYS into a daycare?  (Read 884 times)

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I get BABBYS into a daycare?
« on: April 04, 2011, 07:55:30 pm »

Ugh...

Silophant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I get BABBYS into a daycare?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:26 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers until they grow into children, at which point they wander around on their own, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 07:58:12 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers until they grow into children, at which point they wander around on their own, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide.

What about children?

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 08:02:24 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers until they grow into children, at which point they wander around on their own, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide. magma'd by people like you.

You shouldn't rant on like that. You put far too many words into that sentence. See how much I shortened it?
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:22:42 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers until they grow into children, at which point they wander around on their own, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide. magma'd by people like you.

You shouldn't rant on like that. You put far too many words into that sentence. See how much I shortened it?
Or:
See? Much nicer, and a bit shorter.
Captain Not-Much-Help, away!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 08:37:34 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers in battle until either they get killed by a hammergoblin, at which point their mother experiences !!FUN!!, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide.

fixed

Mushroo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 08:41:19 pm »

Build a Danger Room, recruit the Moms into the military, and send the BABBYS to that big daycare in the sky...

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »

Like, infant babies? You don't. They're carried by their mothers in battle until either they get killed by a hammergoblin, at which point their mother experiences !!FUN!!, or their mother dies, at which point they suicide.

fixed
On the other hand, some mothers don't get their babies killed. They only get incredibly badass and tear the siege apart with their BARE HANDS.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 10:26:00 pm »

You can make a burrow in a room, assign all the children to it (babies don't work, unfortunately) then put some traps or something in front of the door to keep goblins out.

It.... mostly works. Sometimes the children will wander out to follow their mothers but most of the time they stay in the daycare. Just don't forget to add food/drink and beds (or don't add them and let the children be miserable, they will leave the burrow before they die but they won't be happy about it).
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2011, 11:07:28 pm »

You can make a burrow in a room, assign all the children to it (babies don't work, unfortunately) then put some traps or something in front of the door to keep goblins out.

It.... mostly works. Sometimes the children will wander out to follow their mothers but most of the time they stay in the daycare. Just don't forget to add food/drink and beds (or don't add them and let the children be miserable, they will leave the burrow before they die but they won't be happy about it).

Take that one step further by making the food/booze stockpile their burrow and adding a few beds for the tykes.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 01:22:21 am »

Include 1 craftsdwarf's shop in the burrow just incase one of them moods and decides to spend the rest of his life making crossbow bolts
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2011, 01:25:06 am »

I have a heavily-guarded nursery, I just assign the mothers with infants to the burrow. Problem solved!
Of course, it sucks if the mothers are your most-valued dwarves.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.