Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: You are an Aperture Science Employee.  (Read 6680 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: You are an Aperture Science Employee.
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2011, 04:45:34 pm »

You wrestle the pliers from his hands, and admire them. OK, there isn't much to admire at all. In fact, they still suck.

You rip a bit of fabric from his clothes. Thanks to doing a class on clothes making, you easily make a good eyepatch. You wear it. Ah. Now you feel calm. Much better.

"Please, go back to your friendly highly armed military androids for further questioning." An announcement makes you jump. You wonder if it is talking to you or someone else. While thinking this, you search the body. You take out a metallic handgun. Holy shit, this guy was packing. It's a Heckler & Koch Mark 23, with a suppressor, laser aiming module (LAM) and the gun itself. This would be contraband if he got caught with this, why would he actually risk his neck carrying this stuff?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2011, 04:51:32 pm »

>Check if it's loaded, and leave the corridor.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2011, 04:57:46 pm »

You take the ammo out, and check the count. Yeah, it's fully loaded. You head down the corridor.

You reach a dead end. However, you notice a slight opening in the cracks of the wall. You open it further with great effort, eventually tumbling through it.

You slam onto the cold hard ground, feeling utterly terrible. You get up.

You are in a room with a window showing another white room. There are computers here. There is also a door to the outside.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2011, 05:00:09 pm »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2011, 05:00:20 pm »

>Check the computers, and check if the door is electronically activated.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 05:05:57 pm »

You look at the computers, and sigh as you realize they have turned into their ancestor, DOS.

However, instead of the text saying useful stuff, it is just alternating between spouting gibberish about cake and utterly horrifying accounts of how the person writing the text will slowly murder everyone in the facility.

Goddammit, what is going on?

You type in "Logon: flank93 ******", and the text suddenly stops. It appears to have crashed. Goddammit. You then note that the date doesn't say "2010", but "20SYNTHAX ERROR".

You check the door. Opens like any normal door. You put your worries to rest.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2011, 05:07:26 pm »

>Open the door and get the hell out! Come on, maybe Otis Lauery is on vacation and is driving by right now!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2011, 05:10:07 pm »

You kick the door down, expecting beautiful fresh air, a kindly voice saying it's all going to be alright, and several squads of soldiers burning this entire facility to the ground, but that's all a fantasy really when reality says all you see is another bloody room with another bloody door.

Something is different, however. The window looks pretty weak. Through it, you can see a small chamber filled with cubes and oddly shaped...Things with a single red dot for what appears to be an an eye.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 07:04:56 pm by Fniff »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2011, 05:10:58 pm »

Tip over the turrets and hug the cube with the hearts on it.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2011, 05:11:28 pm »

Get the next door, you're not going to be made to do those tests.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2011, 05:16:08 pm »

You think that the things are turrets, but that wouldn't make sense. Where are the guns? Why aren't they mounted on walls or ceilings? What could they defend against, and why would they want to defend against anything in the first place? Plus, you can't get to them. Not unless you break the window.

You see a man in an orange jumpsuit walk into the chamber. He ducks from the things and hides behind one of the cubes.

"Hey!" He shouts. "My name is Doug, anyone out there?"

You look around, and you see a microphone attached by a wire to the ceiling. You pull it down, and think about what to say. Or even to say anything. You begin to think of abandoning this fellow. Plus, you might be roped into his situation.

(Just for clarification, you know how there are windows in some of the test chambers, and they show places where scientists would be? You are in one.)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2011, 05:18:48 pm »

"Okay then, Doug, hold on, you're in one of the android testing courses. Let me break out the window so I can take out those turrets..."

>Break the window and shoot the turrets!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2011, 05:19:29 pm »

Yeah, Portal Prelude even shows the silhouettes of the scientists.

"Hey, get out of there, we have an android outbreak here!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »

"Holy shit, not those fucking tests! Oh God, I am going to die." He starts crying. Alright, if this pussy can't help himself, you'll help him. That's exactly what Adrian would say in this situation.

You kick the window, shattering it. You fire at the thingys, making them tumble over. For some reason, they say really nice things to you when they finally die, such as "Aw well..." and "Wasn't your fault. I don't mind anyway."

Christ, why did you take this job...

"Hey, I gotta tell you something: Get the fuck out of here as fast you can! The androids broke loose, they killed everyone my sector!" You talk into the microphone.

"I know! They killed everyone in mine too! They knocked me out for some reason and I woke up here!" He shouts up to you.

"Hello, we will estimate you will want a sufficient explanation." Another announcement, this time talking to you. "Aperture have found that we have no test subjects, so we chose some out of a group. The rest were given a day off by the Aperture Science Grade A Military Androids. Others still will be chosen as makeshift scientists. Remember: Courage is Not the Absence of Fear"

"Oh fucking GLADOS!" Doug shouts.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 05:30:09 pm by Fniff »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2011, 05:29:27 pm »

GLaDOS? Oh noez.

Find some sort of gas mask. In case she activates the deadly neurotoxin emitters.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9