Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153132 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 38: Taric=Screwed. Players=Railroaded. Again.
« Reply #1890 on: July 03, 2011, 03:46:09 pm »

The one SC handed him?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 03, 2011, 05:37:04 pm »

Ahh, ahh, I see. I missed it.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 06, 2011, 02:31:45 pm »

Questions for Ilos, asked by some random soldier during the briefing:
- So we ambush them and maybe infiltrate the camp. What do we do next? Do we have any objective, like disabling the commanders or taking over the camp's critical locations, or is it just about killing as many as we can?
- What are the typical weak points of Accurarwan camps and tactics?
- Does their chain of command have any flaws we can expoit?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 06, 2011, 03:04:41 pm »

- So we ambush them and maybe infiltrate the camp. What do we do next? Do we have any objective, like disabling the commanders or taking over the camp's critical locations, or is it just about killing as many as we can?
Kill as many of them as you can but especially the leaders, destroy everything of value, and anything that can be used as a weapon. Stop them from ever raiding Toi again.

- What are the typical weak points of Accurarwan camps and tactics?
Camps have no walls, they are circular, other than that, nothing.

((Tactics... I'm not going to set anything in stone right now))

- Does their chain of command have any flaws we can expoit?
Not really, the chain of command is just that the strongest is the highest. The stronger you are, the higher rank you are. They don't particularly rely on any singular member to do anything.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 06, 2011, 06:15:38 pm »

Turn?

(I Know It's only been five days, patience however has never been my strong suit :P )

Edit: Apparently neither has grammar.  :-[
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:18:17 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 06, 2011, 06:25:58 pm »

Nearly finished. I'm really sorry it took so long, but then again 3 of those days, running a turn wasn't really likely anyway.

The reason it's taking so long is; you're facing against... oh... 14 Accurarwa due to TolyK's HERP DERP. So making the statuses is taking a little while.

Edit: Holy crap I broke the 40K character limit. :D Looks like I'll have to post twice.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 06:31:31 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 39: Taric=Owned. Players=FIGHT FOR YOUR LIFE!
« Reply #1897 on: July 06, 2011, 07:10:12 pm »

"Lemme, guess, y-you going to catapult me out of town? *hic*"
SEDUCE THE MAGE!
"No.

I'm going to hurt you. And heal you. And hurt you. And heal you. And hurt you. And heal you. Until you cry."

*PUNCH SMACK PUNCH HEAL PUNCH SMACK KICK PEW CRUNCH HEAL KICK KICK JUMPKICK PUNCH HEAL CRUNCH TRIP HEADBUT*

-100 HP.
+97 HP.
+Status: Unconscious.

"Bastard. Go to hell."

Ouch, that's what you get for having sex with a man's wife.

Also, PLEASE DO ONLY ONE POST OF ACTIONS.

"Oh my. Thank you." Shake hands. Get some fresh water. Drink it.
You look around for fresh water. [4] You find a very small puddle of... [3] muddy water. There's no more water in the immediate area. You're a little cautious to drinking it. It's definitely not clean. So you have second thoughts.

-1 Chaos.

Ashton handed his spare armor to the guy with the huge arm, then looked towards the Accurarwa. "I'll take point. Stay behind me," he said to the squishy mages, advancing a few steps forward and setting his spear into a defensive fighting stance. Any Accurarwa that rushed them would have to get past him to get to the others.
You get into position for any chargers.

Tala whips out her bow, preparing to shoots ALL her arrows, before using fire magic.
You also ready.

Polymorph left arm, just below the elbow, into a sword made of extra dense bone. Prepare for assault.
A grin spreads across Acridi's twisted face and his eyes widen in joy. His slow, casual walk becomes faster and faster as they near the camp and he carelessly drags Joseph through rocks and brambles as though he has forgotten everything but his desire to kill. As he transmutes his arm into a weapon a slow, yelp-like laugh begins to escape from his clenched teeth.
[5+1-1][Tricky: Pass]: You form your arm into a blade. It's a little horrifying to the normal person.

+3 Polymorph Magic skill.
New spell: Polymorph.
+Status: Blade elbow.

STALICTITeS INTO THE CAMP.
Vague action will likely return unexpected results. Just 'sayin.

[4-1+1+2][Group of 7][1, 2, 1, 3, 4, 1, 2 damage]

You lightly hurt a group of Accurarwa.

Ilos shouts angrily at you. "YOU IDIOT YOU BLEW OUR COVER!"

Derp. Maybe you should've waited until everyone was in place? Or maybe you should've followed the guy who was gesturing for you guys to follow? ::)

Also, please, strikethrough your canceled action.

-1 Chaos.
New spell: Spike Storm.

Also, I just realized you should've had one more mutation. But whatever, you're going to loose it in two turns anyway.

Cast mobile non-maintained -2 penalty physical damage shield on self.
[3+2-2]: You only manage to create a -1 difficulty shield.

-1 Chaos.
+1 Shield magic.
New spell: Kinetic Shield.
+Status: Shielded; Kinetic Shield.
+Status: Placed Shield.

Wear shiny new armor. Prepare to attack, smash the tail out into a streetsweeper as the opening move when we engage.
You ready yourself...

Ilos looks pretty mad at you guys. So does the man who was gesturing to you guys. You somehow doubt you're going to get full pay if these mistakes you've all made cost more lives.

Several tens of Accurarwa leave camp in the opposite direction, while the entirety of the rest of the camp comes charging like battering rams.

Spoiler: How the fighting works (click to show/hide)

Group 1 [3 VW, 2 W, 2 M, 2 S, 1 B.] VS Accurarwa Group 1 [11 VW, 6 W, 3 M, 1 S.]: [23] VS [34] Group 1 kills 9 very weak Accurarwa, but looses all of it's very weak-medium members.
Group 2 [6 S, 1 VS, 1 B.] VS Accurarwa Group 2 [19 VW, 4 W.]: [42] VS [25] Group 2 quickly dispatches 14 very weak Accurarwa after loosing 3 strong members.
Group 3 [11 M, 1 S.] VS Accurarwa Group 3 [5 B.]: [46] VS [38] Group 3 kills off three elites, but looses 6 medium members.
Group 4 (you guys): You see a bunch of grunts (9 VW, 4 W) approach, lead by a leader who looks very strong (1 VS). They stand off a short distance from you. The man who was gesturing to you stands by you guys. He introduces himself.

(Australian accent) "Hey, you dumb bastards, when someone gestures to you, maybe you should pay attention? I hope you guys are able to fight these guys, because there's no way you're getting away from a determined Accurarwa. No way." "My name's Grinite, by the way. Leave the Captain--that guy in metal armor--to me. Unless you're feeling brave. Take out those Sergeants and Sharpshooters, they're the greatest danger. "

Group 5 [11 M, 1 S.] VS Accurarwa Group 5 [11 VW, 14 W, 8 M, 6 S.]: [47] VS [136] Group 5 is utterly destroyed and routed, but at least kills all very weak and 2 weak Accurarwa. Your left is compromised.
Group 6 [9 W, 1 B.] VS Accurarwa Group 6 [7 VW, 6 W, 3 M, 1 S, 1 VS.]: [50] VS [37] Group 6, despite nasty odds, dispatches all of the very weak and weak Accurarwa. However, Dostricht is the only one remaining. He sensibly runs to Group 7.
Group 7 [4 VW, 6 W, 4 M, 2 S, 1 VS.] VS Accurarwa Group 7 [41 VW, 1 B.]: [48] VS [62] Group 7 struggles against the horde, killing 16 very weak ones but loosing all very weak, weak, and medium members. Hopefully Dostricht can even out the odds.

Spoiler: Statuses of squads (click to show/hide)

The battle is going well (enemy has lost more forces), but... defeat is a definite possibility (enemies have more remaining forces, allies cannot sustain the rate of losses and win).
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:11:46 pm by Tarran »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 06, 2011, 07:11:24 pm »

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies or Friendlies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: (Ally) Grinite (click to show/hide)

Enemies and Hostiles:

Yeeeaaah, TolyK, you are a serious Derp. Fighting 1 and 1/2 hundred with only 70? This is why they needed a sneak attack. I already warned you earlier. Expect Ilos to kick your ass, Dostricht to never speak to you again in a light tone, and your pay seriously reduced. That's if both they and you survive.

No, I'm not aiming towards Total Party Kill, but it's a real possibility. Blame TolyK and yourselves for derping. ::) I'll give you guys (Not Taricus) free heals to even the odds somewhat. Still, this will definitely be a fight for your life. Good luck. No, seriously, good luck.

Anyway, holy crap so many statuses that the 40K limit was actually broken! Please finish them off quickly so I don't have to do so many. :P

And, if you guys are worrying that this might slow me down, don't worry, if it does any significant slow-down, I'll have them merge into each-other. No, seriously, literally merge into each-other. And if this proves to be waaaay too much for you guys, I'll either nerf them or have one of the friendly groups come and help you guys when they can. If the friendly groups are overwhelmed, then I'll have them sound a retreat, which you guys should follow. Groups can move about one group's space per turn. Accurarwa Group 5 will be going after Group 7 first, not you guys. But if Group 7 falls, you will have even more guys coming to kill you. You'd better hope that Squad 2 and 3 pull through.

Finally (whew), tell me of any mistakes I've made, because even I am a little lost in the huge walls of text that are the stati. I hope the above text isn't too scrambled for you guys.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 06, 2011, 07:15:25 pm »

Why not Taric? Never mind I see why.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 06, 2011, 07:16:10 pm »

Be Unconscious.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 06, 2011, 07:21:39 pm »

Ashton struck at AR1, moving to sweep his legs to knock him down and then stab him when he fell.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 06, 2011, 07:22:54 pm »

Do the windy thing.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 06, 2011, 07:26:53 pm »

You know, I'm tempted to do a black knight routine here >:3

EDIT: TARRAN! I've a suitable punishment for Tolyk >:3
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:33:20 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 06, 2011, 07:55:01 pm »

Tell me more tell me more♪ >:3
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 139