Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153311 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 35: Doom Button Successful.
« Reply #1755 on: June 21, 2011, 01:57:57 pm »

Which has finally given in and broke. :P

You guys will hit the bottom within the day if you're unlucky (lucky).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 22, 2011, 02:48:28 am »

Slightly bad news:

While I was making the turn, I was playing around with a program from Asus (Named TurboGear) that came with my computer and supposedly would've let me underclock my computer (since it's getting kinda hot around here). It appeared to work a bit, until I ran a video for a few minutes and it crashed the computer with a hardware BSoD.

I tried to start it up, but it failed several more times until I switched my computer back to underclocked and back to normal in time before it crashed.

Unfortunately, the turn was lost in the process. Which was nearly done with most of the actions. So I won't be uploading a turn tonight, since I neither want to rewrite the turn or trust my computer's stability. However, it's working so far, so there's some good news. I'll get the turn up tomorrow. Hope for me that my computer doesn't crash again!

And to think Wikipedia said underclocking had more stability. ::)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49:52 am »

:(

Well, good luck.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:34 am »

Thanks.

Right now, it seems to be pretty stable, thankfully. So I'd say it's stable enough. I still have to shut down and try rebooting, though.

I'm so going to label a "DANGER" or something on the shortcut to TurboGear from now on. Jeez, it was scaring the crap out of me that some of my actual hardware was becoming faulty and/or I would be forced to use Safe Mode (Which is tough because I need to use my laptop's normal monitor--which is broken--to do pre-windows boot stuff).

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 22, 2011, 03:10:23 am »

*shakes head* That's horrible, man. Hopefully it's still stable in the morning, regardless of whether or not you write the turn. It'd suck to have you disappear until you could get it fixed. :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 22, 2011, 03:12:26 am »

Eh, don't worry, I won't disapear if this computer kicks the bucket: I have all my passes on a USB and I also have plenty of other computers. So the only way to get rid of me is a nuke or a EMP bomb. :P

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 22, 2011, 08:38:34 am »

Eh, don't worry, I won't disapear if this computer kicks the bucket: I have all my passes on a USB and I also have plenty of other computers. So the only way to get rid of me is a nuke or a EMP bomb. :P
>:D

In other news, that sucks.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 22, 2011, 01:37:05 pm »

But, on the bright side, I don't think that'll be a problem anymore because the computer booted up just fine today without crashing on the first try.

So, with luck and lack of entertainment for me, turn will be posted in a few hours.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 22, 2011, 03:29:42 pm »

But, on the bright side, I don't think that'll be a problem anymore because the computer booted up just fine today without crashing on the first try.

So, with luck and lack of entertainment for me, turn will be posted in a few hours.

Well I'm running a turn...

So you'd better if you don't want those wounds of your to develop a nasty infection.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:50 pm »

Do remember that I have an entire town ready to wreck your day if I want. >_>

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 22, 2011, 03:43:42 pm »

Not if Darvi has anything to say about it.

Not that it'll matter in that case, seeing as we'll all be part of the greater whole.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 22, 2011, 03:44:36 pm »

Ah well at least Arzhog will get some gory glory...

I however could tell Taric that all bets are off and he can go nuts if I REALLY wanted to torture you. :D

Taric, he's more of a threat than a mob made of mutants, mages, and kickass russians.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 36: *Sigh*... you guys are still flailing...
« Reply #1767 on: June 23, 2011, 03:47:33 am »

As last time before when I lost a turn a while in, everything with a * is remembered. I might not have the actual rolls, but I still remember the results.

Also, yes, I took way too long. Blame the LPArchive for existing.

Pass out on horizontal object in the town hall
*You sleep soundly on the hard wooden floor.

Uh... yeah, wonderful.

-1 Chaos.
+Status: Unconscious.

DANCE!
*You dance, rolling some roll that's so low that you knocked yourself unconscious.

...That's about it. Unless you want me to make me type in some flavor text about you soiling yourself or something like that. :P

+Status: Unconscious.

Ask whoever's inside/in charge of the town hall if I could maybe leave some of my stuff in there for safekeeping. Maybe point out how nice it'd look on the walls for a while if they seem doubtful.

Also get quest stuff.

*You succeed on the first part. With a 6, I believe, which actually gets past out the -2 penalty.

You also get questy stuff. The same stuff Dwarmin and Serious got some time back. About 4 turns ago. That I'm not in the mood to go searching for.

-1 Chaos.
+3 Conversation skill.
Now Novice in Conversation.
Level up! Pick 4 attribute points.

Ashton, too, headed inside to ask about joining the raid.
raid raid raid
"Alllright, go to the Guard Barracks and look for Ilos. She'll fill in the details."

Ash, Tal:
Main quest: Accurarwa Tribe Raid:
  Go find Ilos.

Get someone to heal me at least a bit, then follow the rest.
*You rolled so horribly on the Conversation roll with all your penalties (I think you rolled a 1 and had -4 penalties...), you lost 3 HP via random Stoning villagers that are no longer there.

-1 Chaos.
-3 HP.

Omega chaos nuke Darin.
*You roll so horribly that you gain 39 Chaos. You got a initial roll of 5, so you know you really casted something impossible for your skill level if you got a roll of 0...

*New mutation: Incoherent sentences: You find it harder to make coherent sentences-- -1 to conversation.
[Good/bad: 5, very good][Strength: 2, small change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active]: Light Carapace: You feel like your chest skin is thickening-- +2 toughness.
[Good/bad: 3, trade-off][Strength: 1, tiny change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Passive]: Lighter bones: Your bones seem weaken slightly-- +1 Agi, -1 Str.
[Good/bad: 2, bad][Strength: 2, small change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active]: Missing fingers: two of your fingers--your middle and ring fingers--disappear on your left and right hands-- -1 to all rolls related to using your hands (including shield defense, weapon attacking, etc).
[Good/bad: 6, large trade-off][Strength: 6, huge change][Mental/Physical: Mental][Passive/Active: Passive]: Locked knowledge: You find it impossible to learn new things now for some reason, but can extremely easily recall any past events-- Unable to level up skills, +1 bonus to Beginner skills (negates penalty) and 1/2 chance for +1 to Novice skills, x2 bonus multiplier for other higher-leveled skills.

+39 Chaos.
-1 HP.
New mutation: Incoherent sentences.
New mutation: Light Carapace.
New mutation: Lighter bones.
New mutation: Missing fingers.
New mutation: Locked knowledge.

Yeah, that's what you get for trying to commit suicide.

Stop the internal bleeding in Joseph's... mess... restrain him telling him he needs to rest?
You attempt to help the man, but an explosion of raw chaos radiation (and me wanting to punish him) stops you. Why is he trying to cast an obviously too-high-of-a-level spell anyway?

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies or Friendlies:

Deep Whispers:

Enemies and Hostiles:

None.

Whew, I believe that's everything.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 23, 2011, 04:05:02 am »

Whew, saved.

Leave behind silver warhammer, silver nugget, bronze shield, and wine bottle for safekeeping.

Go find Ilos, join raid. As a healer something that won't get me stoned to death.

Levelup: 4 to Toughness

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 23, 2011, 04:06:47 am »

"Right. Let's go then," he said to Tala, then went to go find Ilos and talk to the AI there to learn how to stop Saren and Sovereign.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 139