Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153442 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 33: Doom Button Pressing Incoming.
« Reply #1650 on: June 13, 2011, 05:26:45 am »

Everybody knows you love questions, Tarran, so here's another batch for you.
- Are there aimed attacks? Stealth attacks? Stealth system? How are they calculated?
- Can a cave-in kill a Super Chaos Blob?
- If two or more souls are trapped in a soulstone which is connected to a body, which one is in control? Can a stronger soul assimilate the weaker ones? What happens with the assimilated souls?
- In the same situation, if another empty overreactive soulstone touches the body with multiple souls, are all souls torn apart or do some just float away into the second stone?
- Does Durnneran-Golem have his soulstone exposed to the world? Does he know about it?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: June 13, 2011, 07:53:36 am »

"You sound like my brother. He would always try to weasel out of questions that same way... because he knew I wouldn't like the truth." Ashton shouldered his spear.

Tala rolls her eyes. One of those people...so depressing.

Truth or not, if I don't find this spear in time there won't be a world left for to you to mope around about...still, if your looking for work, they're organzing a nice little raid on an Accurwara village. Probably suicidal, and the pays lousy, but what the hey, right? You can deny your fate as long as you like, but eventually it always catches up to you...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: June 13, 2011, 08:24:11 am »

Ashton stopped and barked out a short, rough laugh. "Aye, that's true. Fate catches up to us all, eventually. Gives us exactly what we deserve." He turned back to Tala. "So what? Are you going on that raid?" he asked. "I think I might, too. Like you said, why not?" I've trained with this spear for years, I might as well get some use out of it. And it's not like I'm doing anything else now.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:15 am »

Ashton stopped and barked out a short, rough laugh. "Aye, that's true. Fate catches up to us all, eventually. Gives us exactly what we deserve." He turned back to Tala. "So what? Are you going on that raid?" he asked. "I think I might, too. Like you said, why not?" I've trained with this spear for years, I might as well get some use out of it. And it's not like I'm doing anything else now.

"Sure. Money is money, and if the worlds going to end, I'd prefer not to be here when it happens anyway."
--------------

Tala was reminded of an old catechism of her faith.

-Let's walk this bloody path called life together...and cleave to one another or part ways as our own will decides-

That was as close as Kikubaaqudgha got to recognizing marriage, friendship, or even simple companionship. It was a lonely existence, but it promised so much more...if you were smart, and careful.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: June 13, 2011, 09:30:00 am »

wait wats the doom button

oh, and anyone need any help?
Follow <whoever i was with>  :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: June 13, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »

Sleep, dream of beating dragon's about with the brand new mace-tail.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: June 13, 2011, 01:48:17 pm »

Everybody knows you love questions, Tarran, so here's another batch for you.
>_>

- Are there aimed attacks? Stealth attacks? Stealth system? How are they calculated?
No, yes, kinda.

No aimed attacks, just don't feel like it.
Stealth attacks exist in the form of the side sneak-attacking gets to roll and the defenders don't roll at all for a turn. Sneak attacks only work if the only people attacking are sneak-attacking, since the defenders would be alert by then. In addition, you can only sneak attack the first time you see them. You cannot sneak-attack again and again after the fact that they know you're here.
Stealth system... kinda simple. I'd guess some 1d6 rolls. Gives 2/3 chance to succeed, 1/3 chance to fail, seems okay to me for now. May or may not improve it when I feel like it.

- Can a cave-in kill a Super Chaos Blob?
If the cave is large enough and you're deep enough, yes.

- If two or more souls are trapped in a soulstone which is connected to a body, which one is in control? Can a stronger soul assimilate the weaker ones? What happens with the assimilated souls?
The two souls will fight for control of the body, unless one is friendly and doesn't want to fight. Haven't determined how they'll fight yet.

Haven't decided yet.

Haven't decided yet.

- In the same situation, if another empty overreactive soulstone touches the body with multiple souls, are all souls torn apart or do some just float away into the second stone?
Soulstones touching other soulstones does nothing.

- Does Durnneran-Golem have his soulstone exposed to the world? Does he know about it?
Yes.

Yes, he was mostly aware of where he was along the way. He knows he's dead, he knows his soul is bound to something.

Truth or not, if I don't find this spear in time there won't be a world left for to you to mope around about...still, if your looking for work, they're organzing a nice little raid on an Accurwara village. Probably suicidal, and the pays lousy, but what the hey, right? You can deny your fate as long as you like, but eventually it always catches up to you...
*cough* Sword *cough*

wait wats the doom button
Just something that will make you get back to the main storyline or die. :)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1657 on: June 13, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »

Probably because I used Ashton's spear as a prop a few times. Dwamin saying spear instead of sword, I mean.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: June 13, 2011, 01:52:08 pm »

ah *looks for red button*

I dunno what to do  :-\
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: June 13, 2011, 01:53:00 pm »

Probably because I used Ashton's spear as a prop a few times. Dwamin saying spear instead of sword, I mean.
Sneaky edit you ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: June 13, 2011, 01:54:46 pm »

Yeah, I blame the illness talking originally. >.> Jeez, it's like you people get some sort of sadistic pleasure out of pointing out my ninja editing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: June 13, 2011, 01:55:41 pm »

I fight ninjas. It's what I do.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: June 13, 2011, 01:56:07 pm »

It would be worse if the forum said you edited it.

@Darvi: *Stab*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: June 13, 2011, 05:34:12 pm »

Alright, last-ditch effort followed by Doom avoidance measure.

Try to get the golem to obey me. If this fails, run like hell. If this succeeds, get it to follow me.

Either way, head back to Toi and see Dostricht about our reward, and any further business he might have.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: June 14, 2011, 04:53:27 pm »

"I... I'm sorry, I can't..."
Desperately high major polymorph Joseph’s legs away

Sorry Darvi. =(

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 [111] 112 113 ... 139