Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153607 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 30c: Non-canon turn in which Shenanigans happen.
« Reply #1501 on: June 02, 2011, 06:00:46 pm »

TBH I rarely watch LPs. ^^;
You should watch him. He slowly updates, but he's got quite a sizable achieve of videos (nearly 1000!).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: June 02, 2011, 06:01:51 pm »

"Stop your cheery lies! You're the demons!"

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: June 02, 2011, 06:03:11 pm »

"Throw baby"
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: June 02, 2011, 06:04:03 pm »

He LP'd Peasant Quest?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: June 02, 2011, 06:05:40 pm »

Yes! Go check his Playlists.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: June 02, 2011, 06:25:11 pm »

You seem to object to both jacks-of-all-trades and min-maxers. Make up your mind. ::)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: June 02, 2011, 06:26:58 pm »

You seem to object to both jacks-of-all-trades and min-maxers. Make up your mind. ::)
It's balanced then!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: June 02, 2011, 06:27:24 pm »

I'm looking for the middle.

You know, people who aren't too min-maxed or completely spread out.

Does that make sense?

Whatever, I hate all of you guys, let's just leave it at that. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: June 02, 2011, 06:31:08 pm »

D:

Seems like the optimum build here is at least 20 points in everything. I'd better start grinding Charisma...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: June 02, 2011, 06:36:48 pm »

I'm looking for the middle.

You know, people who aren't too min-maxed or completely spread out.

Does that make sense?
I think you're just bitter because Cha and Int don't do anything for some characters, so lots of people are using them as dump stats. ::)

Whatever, I hate all of you guys, let's just leave it at that. :P
That makes more sense. :(

Also, isn't it a bit unfair to penalize the whole party for the whole party's average charisma? Shouldn't it be more like the average of whoever's doing the bartering and whoever they're bartering on behalf of, or something?

And, I know this has been an issue for a long time, but I just feel the need to point out that skills whose attribute is [X+Y]/2 increase at half the rate of [X] skills. Which I guess is more like 3/4s or higher because of actual skill gain, but still. I'm not sure the flexibility of being able to choose which secondary benefits you want justifies that.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: June 02, 2011, 06:37:56 pm »

I think the group charisma penalty is due to me ;D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: June 02, 2011, 06:39:26 pm »

Ya. We're literally draining the bonuses out of our group with our krisma.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: June 02, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »

I think you're just bitter because Cha and Int don't do anything for some characters, so lots of people are using them as dump stats. ::)
Yes. Yes I am.

Also, isn't it a bit unfair to penalize the whole party for the whole party's average charisma? Shouldn't it be more like the average of whoever's doing the bartering and whoever they're bartering on behalf of, or something?
It's not the average.

Anyway, maybe. But ask yourself this: If you see ten guys walk into a bar, 8 of them look like shit, the other two look really good, and one of the good looking persons walks up to you and tries to sell something on behalf of the other good looking person, wouldn't you be kinda... I don't know, bothered by all the shit-faces even if the thing is coming from the nicer looking ones? I mean, you know they're part of the same group, unless you're planning to get to know them, I'm pretty sure you'd judge them on behalf of their group.

Also, that has also got a problem: you could just have a sort of network of players, giving their items to the second-best looking and having the best looking sell them.

And, I know this has been an issue for a long time, but I just feel the need to point out that skills whose attribute is [X+Y]/2 increase at half the rate of [X] skills. Which I guess is more like 3/4s or higher because of actual skill gain, but still. I'm not sure the flexibility of being able to choose which secondary benefits you want justifies that.
Problem is that the other two alternatives are picking one attribute, and having people complain that it's the wrong one, or having both at normal rate, and having them advance much faster. I picked the lesser, easier of the three that will cause less complaints.

But yeah, the flexibility partially ofsets the halved bonuses.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 06:50:15 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:59 pm »

The only flaw in that argument is that it assumes the merchant knows all of us are together. Right now only two members of the party even know Ashton is in the area and none of them think he's part of their crew... so if Joseph tries to sell something to a merchant, why would my 0 Charisma drag him down? Neither he nor the merchant have any reason to believe I'm his ally, at least not yet, or even know I exist. Also I'm sure one normal if ugly guy hardly shocks you when the next guy to enter the shop has the lower body of a scorpion and tentacles for arms. :3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 139