Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153647 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 30b: Rule Reforms, calling all current players.
« Reply #1470 on: June 02, 2011, 05:57:05 am »

Finally, do you honestly expect an blubbering idiot that has a cute   face, or a genius with a face that looks like cow dung to sell extremely   well? ::)
That could be easily circumvented by having a smarter, more charismatic team member do the bartering.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: June 02, 2011, 06:02:28 am »

Finally, do you honestly expect an blubbering idiot that has a cute   face, or a genius with a face that looks like cow dung to sell extremely   well? ::)
That could be easily circumvented by having a smarter, more charismatic team member do the bartering.
You'd think so. But I've thought of that, and planned accordingly.

Needless to say your low-charisma group will sell for less than if their faces were average, not ugly as sin. And if you try to avoid that penalty, it will not work, and may even result in the opposite effect. You'd still get more from using your highest charisma man doing something, but your entire group is suffering from their combined ugliness.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: June 02, 2011, 06:57:52 am »

Needless to say your low-charisma group will sell for less than if their faces were average, not ugly as sin.
*insert rant about charisma and aestheticism*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: June 02, 2011, 07:44:10 am »

I highly suggest you go over your profile again. I will only list what needs to be changed by you, but not any other changes.[/quote]
I take 2 more attribute points in toughness.  :P
-Changes that need to be fixed with the new rules: You have 2 more Attribute Points.
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: June 02, 2011, 07:51:49 am »

Charisma=Dump stat

I would feel different if it actually did anything, like add resistance to mind affecting attacks, allowed you to demoralize enemies in combat faster, or gave combined team bonuses to our stats due to high morale etc.

Then I would feel better about spending three levels to get it to the minimum of ten and never bothering with it again :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: June 02, 2011, 07:56:17 am »

Tarran, thanks to you I'm now Beautiful!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:31 pm »

Charisma=Dump stat

I would feel different if it actually did anything, like add resistance to mind affecting attacks, allowed you to demoralize enemies in combat faster, or gave combined team bonuses to our stats due to high morale etc.
It's essential to talking. Without it, you will literally suck at talking. This means no getting out of fighting Lich King #3 for you!

Though don't worry, I'll be putting it into multiple things. I will always try to make min-maxing as painful as possible. :P

Then I would feel better about spending three levels to get it to the minimum of ten and never bothering with it again :P
At least until you try to talk your way out of getting a Ballista bolt embedded in your stomach. ;)

Tarran, thanks to you I'm now Beautiful!
Considering everyone else besides Davri is bland or butt ugly, I can't say you're very wrong in that respect. :P

Anyway, to make Charisma more viable, I'll remove the intelligence bonus from Conversation. But that's the only ground I'm giving right now.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: June 02, 2011, 02:00:25 pm »

I guess that means Arzhog isn't going to be talking anybody into doing things southland style... :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: June 02, 2011, 02:01:43 pm »

Yep, at best he'll talk them into doing it northlands style. :P

At worst, he'll talk them into pelting him with rocks. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: June 02, 2011, 02:07:18 pm »

The perils of minmaxing, indeed. ^^; Maybe Taricus will get lucky and Draignean will accidentally convince the mob that HE'S the guy who slept with her. >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: June 02, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »

Well, when 5/8 players put 0 points into charisma, you've got a consensus....

Anyway-how close are we to the next turn... I think we have like, four actions so far?

Here's hoping for something to happen this time.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: June 02, 2011, 03:11:43 pm »

Ahh, the joys of treating everything else as the dump stat :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:48 pm »

Anyway-how close are we to the next turn... I think we have like, four actions so far?
We've got all the actions, it's just that I'm waiting a little more to see if anyone else protests to my rules, then I've got these gawddamn barbarians loling over my border, then I've got the non-canon turn to test. Then finally the actual turn.

Hours, a Day, or two, something like that.

Edit: Meh, forget it, running non-canon turn now For Great Justice.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:25:17 pm by Tarran »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: June 02, 2011, 04:28:17 pm »

Put my two points into charisma, get that thing back to Zero.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: June 02, 2011, 04:43:34 pm »

If I die, I'll make a character who has all the points in charisma (and 10 in INT).

Then I'll try to outdo Taric in... whatever he does.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 139