Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153681 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

name Kisame
gender male
items
steel armour
wooden shield
60 stones
skills
16 throwing
earth magic 8
attributes
15 strenght
10 agility
20 toughness
10 inteligence
10 charisma
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

...Is that seriously the most effort you could put into making a character? I'm sorry, but I just won't accept it until you put some more effort into it. I mean, how hard is it to Copy and Paste?

And by the way, your character is already over his encumbrance; 60 stones is quite heavy, and steel armor is extremely heavy.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Casually question Darvi about the band of freaks while pouring more water on him.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

TolyK, what would you think of chiseling me a stone golem outside of town sometime soon? Sure, it's likely to animate hostile, but if it's not it'll be a tank and cancrusher for the team. I could do it myself, but I would assume earth magic would be better at it. I guess I should check, actually.
erm.... *reads title* come to me, actually, and pick me up  :P then I can do it for you.
Stay in place, wait for someone to pick me up, survive.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 30b: Rule Reforms, calling all current players.
« Reply #1444 on: June 02, 2011, 01:58:04 am »

So, since there is a higher amount of players voting for a reform of the rules (3 VS 0, 5 didn't say yes or no), I'm reforming the rules.

Oh, and for all of you who didn't vote, your votes won't matter after this point. It's your fault for not saying yes or no. I asked you in bolded text, you failed to respond. This is going to happen, no way to stop it.

The reason for these changes is as follows: Luck rolls were a horrible substitute for actual, good rolls. Serious, Draignean, and Dwarmin were strongly against luck rolls, and frankly I agree with them somewhat.
The bonuses are far, far too large. Especially Attribute bonuses, which, do remember, are universal for any skills that use them.
It was far too easy to do stuff you knew nothing about. -1 penalty? Pah! Nothing to it! Just brush it off like it's nothing. Now it's not so easy, it's a -2 penalty and your counter-acting bonuses are not as good.

Anyway, list of changes:
Attribute bonuses are severely nerfed.
Lack of skill in a school is now more harsh. Jack-of-all-trades are now not as good. Trying out a new school basically forces you to use Trivial spells, as it should.
Luck is removed from spellcasting. Good news for you spellcasters.
New nerfing modifier for spells: Tricky, Tricky 2, and Tricky 3. This is just because some things can just be too cheesy if used often. Don't complain, or I will put Luck back in.
You now level up half as fast. However, you now gain twice as much attribute points per level. For the first 6 levels, at least. After that, you will level up slower and will have to depend on other means to make yourselves more powerful more and more.
Added new combat rules for spells that aren't attacking but are still being used against enemies, like Polymorphing.
Added Targeting rules.

Do remember that many of these things will now apply to enemies. They will also be nerfed.

Anyway, this all makes it not only harder for you guys to do high level spells (forcing you to low levels spells for a long time, which is a good thing since this is the early game), but it also makes it so combat doesn't have ridiculously high modifiers.

Spoiler: Chaos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapon effectiveness. (click to show/hide)

Opinions? Modified Character sheets will be in the next post, with a list of things that will need to be fixed by you, the players. When I've answered all your concerns, and possibly made the modifications, a new, non-canon turn will be made, with your characters doing actions of my choosing, testing out these rules (like the original rules always should've been tested). And some of you will 'die' in the turn, but it's for a good cause. :P Anyway, if they turn out worse, I'll just use the old rules and do turns while modifying these rules until I'm willing to try again.

Regardless, the next canon turn for this RTD will be a little after the non-canon turn, if you want to know.

Also, please stick by me with this likely difficult transition, I already lost an RTD when modifying the rules and frankly I really wouldn't like that to happen again. I've been aching about these rules for a while and frankly this change is needed.

Whew, wordy. I hope it's not too much for you guys.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:47:21 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 02, 2011, 01:59:28 am »

I highly suggest you go over your profile again. I will only list what needs to be changed by you, but not any other changes.

-Changes that need to be fixed with the new rules: None, lucky you.
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

-Changes that need to be fixed with the new rules: You have 2 more Attribute Points.
Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

-Changes that need to be fixed with the new rules: You have 2 more attribute points.
Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies or Friendlies:

Deep Whispers:

Enemies:

Deep Whispers: Dragon Cave:

Random Accurarwa Camp:
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Recruit 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa Sergeant (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 10:50:36 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: June 02, 2011, 02:05:18 am »

You have my support. :3 I'm sure all of us - whether or not we voted >.> - are willing to wait, since if the GM isn't comfortable running the campaign it just makes things strained. I'd rather you take a break and set skills/stats as you would prefer them then have you continue on, get bitter, and give up on it. :(
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 02, 2011, 03:03:32 am »

Name: Shadow
HP:22/22
Chaos:0/80

Starting Items: Katana, Reinforced Oak Longbow, and 100 iron tipped arrows

Skills: 12 Longsword, 5 Bows,and 7 Necromancy Magic

Attributes: (This is currently at absolute minimum. See "Attributes" And please remember to change the penalties when you spend points, thank you.)
20 Strength: +1 to using a weapon that uses this attribute. 100 encumbrance points. +2 HP
15 Agility: +11/2 to using a weapon that uses this attribute. +2 to defense.
10 Toughness: 16HP. Can stay alive for 2 turn while mortally wounded. + 4HP
10 Intelligence: 0 to spellcasting.
10 Charisma: 0 to talking.

Is that ok?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:12:44 am by adwarf »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: June 02, 2011, 03:05:46 am »

Yes, it is.

However, do note that the new rules may overwrite the old ones quite soon. You may want to read them and adjust your character accordingly with an alternate character sheet.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 02, 2011, 03:13:12 am »

Ok I fixed it, and added my HP, and Chaos statuses.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 02, 2011, 03:16:31 am »

Good, but I was suggesting an alternate sheet, not a replacement. Since the new rules replacing the old is not 100% guaranteed.

And the HP and Chaos is unneeded. I give them anyway when I convert your sheet.

Whatever, it's all good. No need to edit it anymore.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: June 02, 2011, 03:22:06 am »

Ok thanks if you need me to make an alternate sheet I will the conversions don't take long so I just modified the old one.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 02, 2011, 03:41:07 am »

Hm. First thing that comes to mind is that Toughness is completely useless, at least after a certain point. Str gives 5 HP, 25 carrying capacity, and +0.5 weapon skill per 5 points. Toughness gives 7 HP and an extra round of being mortally wounded per 5 points. Unless you're intent on staying alive for a very long time on the ground, or have absolutely zero interest in carrying loot or using Str-based weapons, there's really no reason to pick Toughness over Strength once you've gotten yourself a decent cushion of turns spent mortally wounded.

Also, you don't seem to have indicated Agility's defense bonus has been halved. This would mean the dodging power of a character with high agility will outstrip the hitting power of anyone else, and since this and not dodging skill apparently applies to avoiding spells as well, it would seem a high-agi character would be essentially invulnerable.

On that note, having non-damage spell hit not be based on an attribute but having spell dodge do so will make such spells useless at higher levels, unless enemy agility remains essentially constant. Even if it does, it'll make the PCs essentially unhittable with non-damage spells at higher levels, again unless enemies break the rules.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: June 02, 2011, 03:53:36 am »

Str gives 5 HP, 25 carrying capacity, and +0.5 weapon skill per 5 points.
Wrong. Str gives +1 HP per 5 points.

Toughness gives 7 HP and an extra round of being mortally wounded per 5 points.
Whoops, the extra round of mortally wounded per 5 turns off, it's supposed to still be one per 10.

Also, you don't seem to have indicated Agility's defense bonus has been halved. This would mean the dodging power of a character with high agility will outstrip the hitting power of anyone else, and since this and not dodging skill apparently applies to avoiding spells as well, it would seem a high-agi character would be essentially invulnerable.
Hm, you make a good point. I'll lessen it to 1/2 per every 5 points instead.

On that note, having non-damage spell hit not be based on an attribute but having spell dodge do so will make such spells useless at higher levels, unless enemy agility remains essentially constant. Even if it does, it'll make the PCs essentially unhittable with non-damage spells at higher levels, again unless enemies break the rules.
This is what I meant it to be. Higher agility=better dodge=less or no chance to get hit by those spells.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 03:56:23 am by Tarran »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 02, 2011, 03:56:31 am »

I approve of the changes. Except:
- Intelligence dependency in Misc skills is a bad idea. It makes Intelligence overpowered: people with minmaxed Intelligence will have bonuses to bartering, talking, forging swords, picking locks AND doing magic. That's just wrong.
- Players don't have "+1HP for every 5 Strength over 10" and "+2HP for every 5 Toughness" bonuses on them.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 139