Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153638 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Am fine with you reworking the system. You might want to consider tracking less things in peoples' statuses, by the way, or at least list them as "Last Drank on Turn 30" rather than updating everything's countdown timer.

As far as I've been able to tell, my statuses have been free of mistakes. Except for level/SLP and carrying capacity, which I assume you've gotten right and don't really care about, as they can be recalced without issue anyway.

Anyway, I'm gonna have to ditch this warhammer soon, but it's so nice... TolyK, what would you think of chiseling me a stone golem outside of town sometime soon? Sure, it's likely to animate hostile, but if it's not it'll be a tank and cancrusher for the team. I could do it myself, but I would assume earth magic would be better at it. I guess I should check, actually.

Tarran, what would the difference be between using crafting and earth magic to attempt to create a stone golem's body?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

Tarran, what would the difference be between using crafting and earth magic to attempt to create a stone golem's body?
The difference is if you use earth magic, you use... well, earth magic. If you use crafting magic, you just use the skill and no stat.

This means that earth magic will likely give you a better result, but may also lead to Angry Golem Syndrome.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

I'm just talking about the body, though- I assumed I'd have to use necromancy to stuff a soul in there to make it an actual golem anyway.

Of course, if I can use a power source other than captured souls, I'm all ears.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just talking about the body, though- I assumed I'd have to use necromancy to stuff a soul in there to make it an actual golem anyway.
I was talking about the body.

Yes, on horrible luck rolls, you can break the game's normal system an animate the golem on an unknown evil power source. You didn't think I would make this that easy, did you? :P

Sell your soul, body, and mind to a extremely evil being and you'll be able to use their power.

At the cost of yourself. But it's worth it, right?
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, thanks for the birthday gift :3
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, it was your birthday?

I totally knew that. Yeah, right, I totally knew that...

...I didn't know that. D'oh.

Anyway, you're welcome.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Yes, on horrible luck rolls, you can break the game's normal system an animate the golem on an unknown evil power source. You didn't think I would make this that easy, did you? :P
Oh for the love of... D:

That'll be two chances for the damn thing to go berserk on us. Maybe we should assemble the whole team first...

Sell your soul, body, and mind to a extremely evil being and you'll be able to use their power.

At the cost of yourself. But it's worth it, right?
...how would one go about contacting extremely evil beings?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Don't feel bad Tarran, he's 13 hours ahead of me so when I wished him a happy birthday earlier it was actually his birthday yesterday. See also: weird time shit. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...how would one go about contacting extremely evil beings?
Cutting out the part of your brain that keeps you sane.

And cutting out your heart.

...more seriously, you're going to have to find out yourself. If it were easy then quite a few people would be doing it right now and the world would be on fire.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran, how bad would this tryst of mine be for me?

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Action: Look for people and ask if they need help moving a couch or killing a beholder or something.

*casts revive interest in game*
Partial success!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tarran, how bad would this tryst of mine be for me?
Ask the RNG. But at the very minimum expect to either be thrown in jail, fined, or get the crap kicked out of you. If you're very, very lucky you'll get away with a few minor bruises.

This is what you get for adultery. You didn't expect me to let you get away with it, did you? :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll to see if it actually gets reported?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No roll. The husband wants to know why she was missing for several hours; the husband will keep at it no matter what. And he knows his wife enough to tell if she's lying, and will keep trying her until he gets his answer. Plus, even if he doesn't get his answer, he may have had some friends in or out of the bar see you grab her. He will come to kick the crap out of you/report you to the authorities, no escaping that.

Just hope the RNG has mercy on how pissed the guy is, how strong he is, what profession he is (some of the worst are guard, adventurer, mayor, or even DOSTRICHT if you're extremely unlucky), and how many guards are around (the more there is, the less you're likely to get severely beaten up. But at the same time you will be unable to severely hurt or kill the man without getting in severe trouble).

Essentially, you're screwed. So, so screwed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

If a mob forms, I'm joining it. Fair warning. And empowering the villagers rocks with fireballs.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 139