Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153792 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 25: Super Chaos Blobs, 2 new players.
« Reply #1215 on: May 17, 2011, 03:15:04 pm »

Given how luck rolls generally turn out, that's probably an accurate fix... >.>
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 17, 2011, 03:17:54 pm »

Remember I'll be (theoretically) hitting everyone with an AoE heal necromantic damaging spell also.
Fixed.
On the bright side, it'll hit enemies also. That doesn't help us right now, but it does mean I'm refining a valid battle strategy. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 23: No more dragon. Looties. Getting caught.
« Reply #1217 on: May 17, 2011, 03:24:16 pm »

Still wasn't bolded, still wasn't an in-game request. If it's not bolded, it's not an in-game action.
I know, but he did ask (not that you had to do it :P)

So, my stuff:
Get out of the cave and fix <Serious>'s lungs/whatever.
Then irony. Then "Draignean". Then myself :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 17, 2011, 06:59:38 pm »

Well If I'm going to get polymorphed it's not going to be for a tail. A super-liver maybe but not a tail.

Pare the flesh from the dragon's tail, leaving only the bone and the club end. (Hopefully reducing the chaos emission and making it more wieldy) Wrap the part of the skeletal tail opposite the club in the rags I used to be wearing. Request an increased muscle mass polymorph.

(Drunk dual-wielding of a skeletal tail of a dragon and a wine bottle. Badass incompetence here I come.)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 07:06:41 pm by Draignean »
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 17, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »

Help Taricus to his feet.
Smile warmly
"Hello there. You must be new to these lands. Look around you. Gaze upon the citizens of Toi. Aren't they beautiful? Don't you long to be like them? To let your body grow and change unhindered by silly notions of how a man should look?"
Make direct eye contact for too long while smiling warmly.

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 17, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

Oh great, both of the two new players are already insane. :P

This is going to be fun.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 26: Darin's luck sucks. Moar shenanigans.
« Reply #1221 on: May 19, 2011, 02:30:10 am »

Ask for help standing up.
You plead out for help. [1+3] Despite using a load of swear words, your overwhelming charisma eventually gets someone to try and pick up your spare armor. [NPC Strength: 6] The super-human picks up the damn thing with one hand in his first attempt. He asks you where you would like the armor to be dropped off.

Then... someone else offers help and stares you right in the eyes. Oh dear lord. He's freaking creepy.

-Enchanted Super-Plate Steel Armor.

Help Taricus to his feet.
Smile warmly
"Hello there. You must be new to these lands. Look around you. Gaze upon the citizens of Toi. Aren't they beautiful? Don't you long to be like them? To let your body grow and change unhindered by silly notions of how a man should look?"
Make direct eye contact for too long while smiling warmly.
You help the stranger to his feet, then stare at him while speaking about how wonderful mutations are. [Creep out roll: 6] He seems unaffected. [Creep out roll NPC: 3] Everyone else, however, backs away very slowly.

Give pincer-gauntlets to Kirion. Cast -1 difficulty AoE heal, then head back to town, suggesting everyone else follow suit. Try to find a forge when I get to town, unless other things come up.

"So Dostricht, what's that armor you're wearing? Got any other jobs for us? How do you feel about necromancers? Do you have a daughter?"

You give your gauntlets to Kirion and [6-1+1+1][Luck: 1] suck the life out of everyone in the room. Smart. See, this is why you really should stop trying to be a healer.

Darin: -1 HP.
Nowan: -2 HP.
Kirion: -3 HP.
Arzhog: -1 HP.
Tala: -1 HP.
Dostricht: -3 HP.

Darin's Bat: Unaffected.

You get angry glares from the rest of the room... You decide that you should step out for a little bit and get a little head start until they all calm down...

You then ask Dostricht various unimportant fluffy fluff questions. He responds, a little bitter from your fail-heal: "This is Tungsten armor. Very hard to find in large quantities. I found deep in dungeon from adventuring days. It is heavy as Ад but is stronger than steel and does not get damaged by fire.

Yes, her name is Annya, she is five years old. I was trying to name her Bretta, but wife used her wifely ways on me. Heh heh. Also have son, Volstov, 4 years old. I managed to outtalk wife on him, though. Heh heh."

That's the last thing you hear from him, though, as you go to the exit of the cave. You then find out you're the only one that's leaving for town. Everyone else is sitting near the cave's surface or inside it.

[Navigation: 2]: Not having paid enough attention when being lead here, you walk around in a complete circle. Dostricht is standing outside the cave, shouting "Back so soon? I thought you left."

+3 Healing Magic skill.
-Dragon Scale Pincer-Gauntlets.
Dostricht: Item identified: Tungsten Armor.

Use chaos magic to slightly irradiate self. Don't want to lose that int bonus, do we?
[4][Luck: 1]: You attract a lot of chaos onto yourself. More than you wanted. Say hi to another mutations. Oh well, it definitely could be worse than this.

[Good/bad: 1, VERY BAD][Strength: 6, Huge change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active]: Your legs disappear. Entirely. You fall onto the ground. Oh for crying out loud!

Ouch... at least you learned the first Omega spell in the game. Though I highly doubt you'll be casting it again any time soon.

-1 Chaos.
+7 chaos.
New mutation: No legs: You cannot move from place to place without help, and you cannot dodge. Well, at least you still have hands!
+2 Chaos magic skill.
New spell: Omega Chaos Irradiation.

Take gauntlets and wear them, then help Darin up, thank him, and leave the cave. "Only problem with that is a ring isn't any use to me." Click pincers together to show my point. "Do they come in other types of accessories, like... a belt or an earring or something? And can a polymorpher get rid of certain mutations without my wearing such an accessory?" If so, ask Nowan to restore the lungs, but hold on having him mess with my brain until I have the item just in case. Once he's done, cast a +0 modifier healing spell on him.
You wear the gauntlets, then talk to Dostricht a little more. "Hmm, maybe. Though I don't think it very likely, and it could be even more expensive. You could wear the ring on your feet, you know. You could also see if one of our local mages can create a binding like that.

I thought I had made that clear already; yes, you can get rid of mutations with polymorphers while wearing ring."

You then ask Nowan to help with the mutations, and try to follow up with Darin's Phail with another healing, hopefully succeeding and not failing horribly. [6+1-1][Luck: 1] Methinks I jinxed it. Dostricht seems to be pretty mad right about now. "How about you fools all stop casting healing magic on me?! I'm not test subject! Leave me out of it!" he says before he walks to the outside of the cave.

+3 Healing magic skill.
+1 Chaos.
Dostricht: -4 HP.

Action:Follow everyone out the cave
You leave the cave.

Exciting! You dance in victory, netting the looks of Dostricht, who is starting to wonder how you guys are even surviving up until now.

Then he has the look of "It's all because of me, isn't it?" He sighs and facepalms slowly.

Get out of the cave and fix <Serious>'s lungs/whatever.
You are going to get out of the cave, but realize that Kirion isn't leaving so you stay behind. You attempt to help with Kirion's lungs. [6-1+2+1][Luck: 6]: You make Kirion's lungs much, much larger and more efficient than they were before. However, his heart is going to have problems keeping up if he works his lungs too hard.

+1 Chaos.
+3 Polymorph magic.
Now Skilled in Polymorph magic.
Level Up! Pick two attribute points.
New spell: Minor Polymorph.
Kirion: Status change: Very Small Lungs>Enhanced Lungs.

Pare the flesh from the dragon's tail, leaving only the bone and the club end. (Hopefully reducing the chaos emission and making it more wieldy) Wrap the part of the skeletal tail opposite the club in the rags I used to be wearing. Request an increased muscle mass polymorph.
[Crafting: 5-1]: You remove the flesh from the tail, successfully avoiding weakening the tail too much. However, it barely reduces the emmisons since the mace-tail is where most of the chaos is. At least it's a tiny bit lighter. Still very difficult to use. You wrap the end of the tail with your old rags for some reason.

You request a polymorph, but the local polymorpher is busy with someone else.

+3 Crafting skill.
Durnneran's mace-tail>Durnneran's clothed skinned fleshed mace-tail.
+1 Chaos.
+2 Chaos.

Caution: Joseph has 7 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Asilidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Taricus (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

None.

Tell me if I messed up anything.

Also, Irony, stop being a healer. In fact, stop doing anything that has the potential to hurt one of your teammates because your luck sucks. :P
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 12:42:54 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 19, 2011, 02:31:04 am »

Now I only need some robot legs :P

Also, I have 7/8 Chaos magic now.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: May 19, 2011, 02:32:09 am »

...Wut?

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 19, 2011, 04:54:15 am »

Tarran, can I suggest a low luck roll have healing spells fail to do anything (including give points to the relevant skill, even if we did roll a 6) rather than actually hurt the party? At this rate Healing magic is going to kill more party members than enemies... And you should've known Taric would roll a 6 against being creeped out. :P

Try to heal everyone with a strong (+2 difficulty) spell used as AOE. "I said without a ring..." I say to Dostricht. No need to ask again, though, Nowan's already proved that can be done. I'll leave my brain as is though, that's not something I want messed with at all in any circumstances.

I'll ask for the matching heart later so you can get around to other people. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 19, 2011, 05:01:36 am »

Tarran, can I suggest a low luck roll have healing spells fail to do anything (including give points to the relevant skill, even if we did roll a 6) rather than actually hurt the party? At this rate Healing magic is going to kill more party members than enemies...
Really? There's only a 1/6 chance (rolling a 1) of hurting other members, when there's a 4/6 chance (3, 4, 5, and 6) to succeed. I find that unlikely, unless the RNG loves to Shat on you guys.

And you should've known Taric would roll a 6 against being creeped out. :P
Yeah, silly me, thinking he would get something besides a six. :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 19, 2011, 05:08:37 am »

The universal constant of Taricus's characters is that nothing bothers them. Ever. >.>

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: May 19, 2011, 05:23:55 am »

Put pants on head and shoes on hands. Then look for clean water.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 19, 2011, 07:58:16 am »

The universal constant of Taricus's characters is that nothing bothers them. Ever. >.>
:D

"Right over there thanks" *Point to a cart*
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 19, 2011, 08:11:14 am »

Pick up Joseph and run him back to town, where there is clean water. Once at town, look for an alchemist that knows if dragon blood has any special properties.

OOC: Assuming your good with going back to town now Darvi. Since I'm the only one with strength to carry you!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 08:18:14 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 139