Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153874 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 24: Heart of ChaAAARRRGGGHHH! Failscape.
« Reply #1170 on: May 16, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »

You can run a turn? You better bring it ASAP. :3
Or what? You aren't the GM of any of the RTDs I play. While here I'm the GMer of this RTD. :P

Or we'll stick Zanta onto you...
Zanta?

Also, you're forgetting that you're not the GMer of any of the RTDs I play either. :P

Anyway, be patient, I'll run a turn sometime when I feel like it. Though another reason for delaying is that I feel as though we should give the big D a little more time to post, since he's my favorite GMer.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: May 16, 2011, 12:53:35 pm »

Zombie santa. He eats the bad kids, and you aren't on the nice list >:D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: May 16, 2011, 12:56:25 pm »

I never was. That's why I've got a MAC gun pointed at my front door. And five shotguns pointed upwards in the chimney with a trip-wire in the dead center. Oh, and a mine near every window. And if all that fails I've got a missile launcher right next to me. I doubt he'll eat me.

Also, I doubt you're on the nice list either, since you just used an evil smiley. ;)
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: May 16, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »

He has a giant robot...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: May 16, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »

Oh, I guess I now have a use for these EMP nukes...

Also, I just heard from him: "Say hi to Taricus for me". I say you should start running. Now.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: May 16, 2011, 01:05:03 pm »

Who says I'm running, I'm stealing his sled :D

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 16, 2011, 01:06:12 pm »

Or what? You aren't the GM of any of the RTDs I play. While here I'm the GMer of this RTD. :P

Your loss, you're totally missing out. ^^ More seriously I am thinking of starting a third because I'm pretty bored like all the time, but I dunno what I'd base it on. (I probably wouldn't come up with something original because I hate making original rule-sets, they always get way too complicated because even though I hate math/numbers in general, I love stats. Go figure. >.> I'm surprised Alter Someone's Life is as simple as it is tbh.) Fallout, Resident Evil 5, and Lost Planet 2 are pretty high in the running, though I dunno. I'd have to think of a plot... *sigh*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 16, 2011, 01:23:28 pm »

Or we'll stick Zanta onto you...
Zanta?

Also, you're forgetting that you're not the GMer of any of the RTDs I play either. :P

Anyway, be patient, I'll run a turn sometime when I feel like it. Though another reason for delaying is that I feel as though we should give the big D a little more time to post, since he's my favorite GMer.

Yeah Thanks, I've been will be completely bogged, but I'm going to see If I can run a turn now.

Drink Wine, Search for hidden stashes of treasure. Hack the Dragon's tail off with the shortsword I wasn't able to get rid of and wield the tail in my off hand.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 16, 2011, 01:27:44 pm »

Your loss, you're totally missing out. ^^ More seriously I am thinking of starting a third because I'm pretty bored like all the time...
Yay. Moar RTDs.

...but I dunno what I'd base it on. (I probably wouldn't come up with something original because I hate making original rule-sets, they always get way too complicated because even though I hate math/numbers in general, I love stats. Go figure. >.>
I know what that feels like. You just have to learn how to control yourself. It's also a thing to bring up with us, the players on the brainstorming thread; we can tell you if we think you're going overboard.

You could also base it on another RTD's ruleset if you want. I'm sure nobody would mind.

I'd have to think of a plot... *sigh*
It doesn't have to be all that complex to get players to play it. An example is mine. It's only 1939 characters, which may seem like a lot before you consider that this line right here is already 211 characters.

Yeah Thanks, I've been will be completely bogged, but I'm going to see If I can run a turn now.
Wooo! You're back!

Wooo! Turn!

I wish you good luck in your walking through of the bogs.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 16, 2011, 01:40:31 pm »

Well, the thing is I've been making rule-sets for a decade now (not exaggerating, I started in 2001). I started by basing them off of Hunter The Reckoning, and then they just kept getting more and moar complicated because my OCD complex insists on stats for like everything, because I worry if I don't cover every base something's going to come up and I won't be able to easily point out what to do about it. o.o I actually managed to restrain myself for the CvRTD and that's still fairly complicated, although luckily enough I managed to contain it so it's mostly my problem and the players usually don't have to worry about it... they just nudge me now and then when I forget something, which I don't mind. ^^

I like Fallout because it covers pretty much everything on a percentile system. Maybe I should just apply that to everything else... hmm... could be something there... just take SPECIAL and... ah, I see now... I might be onto something here. :3 I think I'll mess with this idea and if I come up with anything I'll post in the brainstorming thread, although that's a hollow promise at best. :-\
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 16, 2011, 01:42:23 pm »

Actually I want to see what you could do in a sci-fi setting.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 16, 2011, 02:02:10 pm »

So... Lost Planet then? :3

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 16, 2011, 02:04:46 pm »

Maybe,  Even better if you could think of something with space travel too. Just my opinion though.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 16, 2011, 02:13:58 pm »

Well, the thing is I've been making rule-sets for a decade now (not exaggerating, I started in 2001). I started by basing them off of Hunter The Reckoning, and then they just kept getting more and moar complicated because my OCD complex insists on stats for like everything, because I worry if I don't cover every base something's going to come up and I won't be able to easily point out what to do about it. o.o I actually managed to restrain myself for the CvRTD and that's still fairly complicated, although luckily enough I managed to contain it so it's mostly my problem and the players usually don't have to worry about it... they just nudge me now and then when I forget something, which I don't mind. ^^

Speaking of White wolf, did you ever read the rule book for Wraith: The Oblivion?

Always wanted to make an RTD off that but... No Time now. :(
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 16, 2011, 02:15:43 pm »

O.o *twitch* O.o

That would mean... KotoR it and make each world have like one area for the players to explore. Still, I guess that could make it interesting... have the Akrid expand beyond EDN III, NEVEC did say one came from outer space after all... *inspiration level rises two points*

@Draignean: Nah, HtR was the only one I got into because, as sad as it sounds, I played the Xbox HtR game over at a friend's house and I was like, "dude, this is badass... wait... it's based on a table top game?"
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 139