Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153872 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 23: No more dragon. Looties. Getting caught.
« Reply #1095 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:55 am »

Uh oh. Are we going to end up fighting a 9-foot jackal-man clad in midnight-black plate and wielding an axe as large as we are?
No, you won't, I'm not cruel. But you will end up facing badass Accrarwa in time. Not as badass as your example, though.

More importantly, what exactly could fire glands be used for?
Isn't it obvious? What do you do with a container full of fire in a fight?

With any luck I'll get a good mutation (Fire breath? Scale skin? Wings? A powerful-ass heart to compensate for the small lungs around it?) and find a way to keep that and the pincers while getting rid of the lungs. :3
The Heart won't give you any specific mutations, just so you know. Dostricht said it was good as-in tasty and somewhat healthy, not as-in there's a good affect from eating it. You will get a mutation, but it will come from the radiation and will be completely random.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:39 am »

Yeah, I know. If it's a bad mutation I can always just chug pure water back at town. :-\ I was just going off on some possibilities, as is my wont. ^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 12, 2011, 04:29:34 am »

Aw, so they're just grenades or non-renewable flamethrowers? I was hoping for something more permanent.

...still, I should probably harvest those. Or someone should, at least.

I'm also wondering if we should cook the heart before eating it. I guess that's less awesome and savage than someone chopping it out with his pincers and eating it on the spot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 12, 2011, 04:34:51 am »

Aw, so they're just grenades or non-renewable flamethrowers? I was hoping for something more permanent.

...still, I should probably harvest those. Or someone should, at least.
Did I mention the explosion is AoE and pretty powerful? It'd clear out groups pretty fast. Oh, and it has the usual affect of fire; burning people to death from continuous fire damage (same kind Dostricht was facing. It's pretty nasty, you should check it out yourself).

As for permanency, I don't know what a fire gland would have that is permanent, personally. And I don't know how weak I'd have to make it in order for it to not break the early game.

I'm also wondering if we should cook the heart before eating it. I guess that's less awesome and savage than someone chopping it out with his pincers and eating it on the spot.
No difference between the two, you'd just get Dostricht creeping out a little and get weird stares when you tell people about it.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 12, 2011, 04:38:59 am »

Did I mention the explosion is AoE and pretty powerful? It'd clear out groups pretty fast. Oh, and it has the usual affect of fire; burning people to death from continuous fire damage.
See, for some reason I was thinking of letting Darvi hold it. I don't know why I would think that, but now I realize that was very clearly wrong. I need to hold it, and then hand it to someone who won't roll a [Luck 1] when the time comes to use it.

As for permanency, I don't know what a fire gland would have that is permanent, personally. And I don't know how weak I'd have to make it in order for it to not break the early game.
Yeah, that's why I asked. My first thought was to use it as a reagent for making a magic item, but I guess magic items don't work that way in this game.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 12, 2011, 04:46:23 am »

You shouldn't let me hold it either. Not that I could anymore. >.> Anyway, now I'm just curious as to what this mutation will be and if it's possible to keep mutations that occured in a non-sequential order. Assuming it's worth keeping, that is. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 12, 2011, 04:53:08 am »

Ehh, I guess I should just tell you instead of making you wait for the turn.

1: If the mutations you don't want are the latest, just remove chaos.
2: If the mutations you don't want aren't the latest and are behind mutations you want, you can have a polymorpher remove them. However, the chaos will still be there.

Tip: There is a way to remove chaos but keep mutations, which may help in the second case. You should already know how to find out by now. If you don't, then have fun not knowing.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 12, 2011, 05:01:31 am »

drink dat heeling poshun
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 12:08:25 pm by Darvi »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 12, 2011, 05:13:23 am »

Really? You're kinda wasting that turn of invincibility.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 12, 2011, 05:15:45 am »

I don't know, why do you think I'm asking Dostricht? >:( If I had to guess I'd say I need to hit TolyK up for some polymorphing.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 12, 2011, 05:19:38 am »

I don't know, why do you think I'm asking Dostricht? >:(
Oh whoops. I forgot to add multiple "guys" in the sentence. I wasn't specifically talking to you.

If I had to guess I'd say I need to hit TolyK up for some polymorphing.
Wrong, that's not how Dostricht keeps his mutations.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 12, 2011, 05:21:04 am »

dun i get -1 too casting?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 06:03:04 am by Darvi »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 12, 2011, 05:28:30 am »

What? Um, yes, you do. But, there's also other player healers parked right next to you...

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 12, 2011, 05:55:26 am »

Take off the blindfold and gag, make fire in the bonfire very sticky with Fire Magic.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 12, 2011, 06:09:11 am »

oh. theni start singing insted

the dagrons gon
we kiled it ded
it hurt us gud
we got its hed
look wat it had
the others plot
they want it bad
we gota go
dont stres our luk
if we saty here