Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153923 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

He could have named it better though.

Something like "Chaos Interruption Negation Field" or "Magical Stability"
Yeah yeah, whatever, if you're so picky then just start your own RTD. ::)

Also, I'm happy, I don't think I'll have to screw around with wood piles for a VERY long time: Neighbor is burning it (it was his to begin with; we were taking it with his permission) so with any luck I won't have to wake up every morning or go to sleep fearing those damned wood piles.

Anyway, Draignean still needs to post his turn.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:34:14 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Continue beating the dragon with the wine bottle, Hum some Wagner while doing so.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

Alao: I call dibs on most magical loot :P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 23: No more dragon. Looties. Getting caught.
« Reply #1083 on: May 12, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

Wheeeeeee.

Combat in Deep Whispers: Dragon cave.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Darin's bat
TWEET TWEET GOOD BYE!
[5+3] VS [3+2+1-1]=Hit for 3-1(2) damage. Durnneran dies!

Whip out my bow and shoot the dragon in the eye!
Too late, goddamn bat.

+1 Chaos.

If dragon still alive: Necrotic Bolt at -2 difficulty
If dragon not still alive: AoE heal at -2 difficulty, look at loot
Either way: Estimate if there's a way to make anything from the dragon that won't irradiate the bejeezus out of me.

Bat-Attack: "COCK-A-DOODLE-DO!"

Your bat kill-stole. Bah.

[3+1+1-2][Luck: 3]: You preform a AoE healing spell, but it turns out not as good as you wanted it to be (No-modifier instead of -2). Regardless, you heal peoplez.

Darin's bat: No affect.
Tala: Already at full health.
Darin: +2 HP.
Nowan: +1 HP.
Dostricht: +2 HP.
Kirion: +2 HP.
Durnneran (It's an AoE spell, what did you expect?): +1; still dead.

Arzhog: Already at full health.
Joseph: +1 HP.
+1 Healing magic skill.
New spell: Minor Healing mist.
+1 Chaos.

Wooo.

The scales look moderately irradiated, the tail looks highly irradiated, his chaos glands are likely full with chaos, but his fire gland should be only slightly irradiated. His flesh and bones are likely moderately irradiated, and his horns should be moderately irradiated.

MOAR SPIKES! DO IT AGIN! YES YOU WILL!
You sit on the floor.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Dostricht
Pick my nose.
You pick your nose.

+1 Chaos.

Screw it; pull a Pierre and go for the eyes with my pincers in an attempt to claim the kill for myself!
You close your pincers menacingly trying to scare the undead bat. It doesn't work.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Durnneran
Die.
Durnneran groans at the wounds, limping a few more steps towards his killer before falling onto the ground. He breaths a few more hard breaths before dying, his soul becoming trapped in Darin's soultrap.

Continue beating the dragon with the wine bottle, Hum some Wagner while doing so.
You stand, slowly sobering up.

+1 Chaos.

kil dagron
You stand, drooling. You feel very slightly smarter from your healing.

+1 Chaos.

Chaos Hollows:

Attempt to create a maintained shield arround myself, but underneath my bonds, then expand it
[6-1+1][Luck: 3]: You break the ropes off, but they come off rather ungentlemanly and right into the view of the Accurarwa. Shhhhhiiiii-

[Spot: 6+1]: IIIIIIIIIIIIIII! All three of them notice you, and wield their weapons. They bark at you; you have a feeling that they're saying "don't move or you will die".

+3 Force magic skill.

+1 Chaos.

Form a portion of the wall behind me into an eyeball-sized round stone.
[2]: You start rolling dried dirt into a compact ball but drop it sometime along the way.

[Unknown: 2]

+1 Chaos.

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
As Durnneran lies on the ground you notice the shine of metal in the corner of the room, along with a few items what's-her-face dropped.

12 items: [1 Weapon; Good][4 armors; Bad, Meh, Meh, Bad][1 Potion; Great][4 scrolls; Meh, Bad, Good, Bad][No Gold.][2 Other items; Terrible, Meh]

The group finds one [4] Silver Hammer, 2 Light Leather Armors, 1 normal Leather Armor, 1 bronze shield, 1 potion of Critical Heal, one scroll of Minor Silence, two scrolls of Destroy Armor, one scroll of minor invisibility, one broken bone, and one nugget of silver. Of course, there's also the potion of Minor Impact and scroll of Scare Undead from your former-teammate.

Silver hammer: -2 to-hit, Ignores armor. 9 encumbrance.
Light Leather Armors: 10 AHP, takes 1/3 of the damage dealt to you (round down). 7 encumbrance.
Leather Armor: 20 AHP, takes 1/3 of the damage dealt to you (round down). 15 encumbrance.
Bronze Shield: 10 AHP, 1/2 chance to take all damage dealt to you. 10 encumbrance.
Potion of Critical Heal: Heals all of your HP and all damage for the next turn. 3 encumbrance.
Scroll of Minor Silence: Sneak Attacks are far easier for the turn afterwards; people suddenly attacking you or you suddenly attacking other people cannot dodge (sneak attack). 1 encumbrance
Scrolls of Destroy Armor: Destroys one random worn armor on the user. 1 encumbrance.
Scroll of Minor invisibility: Spotting rolls face a -2 penalty. When used with silence, spotting rolls face a -4 penalty.
Broken Bone: Absolutely worthless.
Silver Nugget: Might be worth something. 5 encumbrance.

MAIN QUEST: Dragon Hunt.
  Talk to the Captain of the Guard for details.
  Travel to the Deep Whispers.
  Find the Dragon.
  Kill the dragon.

Quest completed!

Caution: Nathan has 8 HP left.
WARNING: Joseph has 3 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

Deep Whispers:

Yay, loot time. Tell me if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 05:29:56 am by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 12, 2011, 01:04:33 am »

I go over to Joseph and try healing him with a -1 modifier healing spell.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 12, 2011, 02:56:49 am »

Hell yes, the bat got all the glory. :P

Anyway, BOO FOR TERRIBLE TERRIBLE LOOT. I'll take the silver nugget to craft into things, and I should probably take some armor and the shield if nobody else wants them, since my current gear is terrible. It is, however, considerably more stylish. Decisions, decisions.

Also, it's occurred to me that nobody actually uses melee weapons anymore, except for Kirion if he gets rid of the pincers. So I'll probably be smelting down that silver hammer as well.

Of course, we all really know that the real loot is the dragon's (heavily irradiated, THANKS A LOT DWARMIN FFFFFFFFF-) parts. Given that I'm the only one without a penalty to craft rolls, I should probably help make things if anyone wants anything. I might pass myself, being unfond of horrible mutations.

So, taking requests. Remember we get 5 tries, so 5 potential items.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 12, 2011, 03:08:02 am »

Anyway, BOO FOR TERRIBLE TERRIBLE LOOT..
The Potion of Critical Heal isn't bad, it's actually really good. It's basically a "get out of death free" card, with immunity to damage for one turn to boot. The Silver hammer is also pretty good for hammers; it only suffers a hit penalty and no damage penalties.

Also, it's occurred to me that nobody actually uses melee weapons anymore, except for Kirion if he gets rid of the pincers.
Just so you guys know, monsters will get more and more resistant to elements as they get nastier, and may also start becoming resistant to magic altogether. So expect complications in the future when using magic only, especially since none of you guys are using Energy magic.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 03:24:53 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: May 12, 2011, 03:23:42 am »

Oh, right, loot. Also the elemental thing won't be a problem for me since the only kind of magic I'm ever going to use is healing magic.

Grab the potion and ask Darin to make some kind of dragonscale gauntlets for my pincers to increase attack power.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 12, 2011, 03:34:37 am »

The Potion of Critical Heal isn't bad, it's actually really good. It's basically a "get out of death free" card, with immunity to damage for one turn to boot. The Silver hammer is also pretty good for hammers; it only suffers a hit penalty and no damage penalties.
The potion is basically bottled God Mode, yeah. The hammer's still a hammer, meaning it's cripplingly weak unless your opponents have armor. Not sure how many of our foes will be armored in the future.

Just so you guys know, monsters will get more and more resistant to elements, and may also start becoming resistant to magic altogether.

Oh, and Luck rolls. The terrible, terrible luck rolls. You have a far, far better chance at dealing damage using a melee weapon at this stage. I think you guys are making a mistake using only magic.

I won't force melee weapons on you guys, but you will suffer for specializing eventually.
I've thought about getting a ranged weapon, but I'm not too sure I want to melee except when forced. I do intend to get a nice sturdy golem, and will probably end up with some undead beasties as well, so that might help. I've never been especially concerned with dealing raw damage, though.

On that note, what sorts of weapons have/can have a bonus to binding spells to them, like my kris? What about armor or other objects?

And TolyK, don't forget about fixing my boneless arms.

Ninja'd with a request, eh? You sure you want to keep them?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 12, 2011, 03:37:24 am »

Guess I might as well, but I'm getting rid of the damned small lungs, that's for sure. Weapons are complicated. @.@

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: May 12, 2011, 03:44:46 am »

Yeah, small lungs have to go no matter what.

Fashion Battle Gauntlets for Kirion's pincers out of dragonscale, or whatever is best for that sort of thing.

To Dostricht: "Well, that could have gone worse. You know any good uses for chaos dragon parts? What's the heart like? The skull? You seem like you'd know these sorts of things."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 12, 2011, 03:52:16 am »

The potion is basically bottled God Mode, yeah. The hammer's still a hammer, meaning it's cripplingly weak unless your opponents have armor. Not sure how many of our foes will be armored in the future.
Not a whole lot in the near future, but the amount will go up as time goes by. Hint: The Accurarwa group HmH and Wolfchild is a poor demonstration of their race.

Just so you guys know, monsters will get more and more resistant to elements, and may also start becoming resistant to magic altogether.

Oh, and Luck rolls. The terrible, terrible luck rolls. You have a far, far better chance at dealing damage using a melee weapon at this stage. I think you guys are making a mistake using only magic.

I won't force melee weapons on you guys, but you will suffer for specializing eventually.
I've thought about getting a ranged weapon, but I'm not too sure I want to melee except when forced. I do intend to get a nice sturdy golem, and will probably end up with some undead beasties as well, so that might help. I've never been especially concerned with dealing raw damage, though.

On that note, what sorts of weapons have/can have a bonus to binding spells to them, like my kris? What about armor or other objects?
Hey, I edited that out, you're not supposed to see that. Though I suppose it was inevitable with my editting spree.

Things that will have bonuses will be magical-ish type things. Your kris is an example.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Both a weapon and spiritual object, kris are often considered to have an essence or presence, with some blades possessing good luck and others possessing bad.
Do note however that it is not limited strictly to real-life items: Sometimes there will be fictional spiritual objects too.

To Dostricht: "Well, that could have gone worse. You know any good uses for chaos dragon parts? What's the heart like? The skull? You seem like you'd know these sorts of things."
"The Heart is good for eating, if that what you ask, though it have much radiation. It may have other use, but I do not know. The skull is a very good decorative ornament, and maybe weird shaped shield, but not much other use. The horns could be shaved and turned into spear-tips, though actual use may be limited compared to metal. Very light though. Scale is light and tough, but impossible to repair unless dragons in abundance. Bones are stronger than normal bones in general. They are also lighter. However still mediocre compared to many metal. Never mess with fire or chaos glands myself, but I hear they can be useful. That all I know, there may be other things inside that I do not know of, though that unlikely."

[/IAmSoSorryRussiansOutThereIDon'tMeanToInsultYouI'mJustHavingFun]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:05:15 am by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: May 12, 2011, 03:58:33 am »

After attempting to heal Joseph, and while waiting for Darin to finish the gauntlets, take Dostrich's advice and devour the heart. Then ask Dostricht how to keep some mutations while ditching others.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 12, 2011, 04:17:40 am »

Not a whole lot in the near future, but the amount will go up as time goes by. Hint: The Accurarwa group HmH and Wolfchild is a poor demonstration of their race.
Uh oh. Are we going to end up fighting a 9-foot jackal-man clad in midnight-black plate and wielding an axe as large as we are?

Things that will have bonuses will be magical-ish type things. Your kris is an example.
Quote from: Wikipedia
Both a weapon and spiritual object, kris are often considered to have an essence or presence, with some blades possessing good luck and others possessing bad.
Do note however that it is not limited strictly to real-life items: Sometimes there will be fictional spiritual objects too.
Ooh, interesting.

Never mess with fire or chaos glands myself, but I hear they can be useful. That all I know, there may be other things inside that I do not know of, though that unlikely."
...why do I get the feeling I'm going to end up rooting around in a dragon corpse looking for potentially useful organs?

More importantly, what exactly could fire glands be used for?

take Dostrich's advice and devour the heart.
:o Well this should be interesting. Do bear in mind that you're close to another mutation, though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: May 12, 2011, 04:22:00 am »

With any luck I'll get a good mutation (Fire breath? Scale skin? Wings? A powerful-ass heart to compensate for the small lungs around it?) and find a way to keep that and the pincers while getting rid of the lungs. :3
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 139