Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153868 times)

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile

A few more questions for you, Tarran.
- When someone's soul is removed via soulstone abuse, how long do they have until their body stops functioning?
- Can information be extracted from soulstone-trapped souls? If I trap an Accurarwan soul, can I learn their language and customs? How long would it take?
- Can a necromancer possess a soulless body without removing his soul? You mentioned something about it in reply #385.
- If so, can non-soulless bodies be vulnerable to necromantic possession in some states - while sleeping, for example?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile

- When someone's soul is removed via soulstone abuse, how long do they have until their body stops functioning?
About as long as if someone suddenly stopped acting, but still breathed. Several days if left alone, but in the wilds of Westland it's not likely they'll be left alone.

- Can information be extracted from soulstone-trapped souls?
Yes, but the chance would be low and you'd destroy the soul in the process (they'd resist).

It'd work better just asking them.

If I trap an Accurarwan soul, can I learn their language and customs?
Customs? Maybe. Language? Not likely; they speak by barking, it's a very alien language for you.

How long would it take?
Longer than it took you to learn a language as a kid. As for customs, shouldn't take too long.

- Can a necromancer possess a soulless body without removing his soul? You mentioned something about it in reply #385.
I'm not 100% sure of what I had in mind back then, but I believe I was talking about controlling them directly with earth magic, and it wasn't a "body", which makes it an entirely different subject. Anyway, no, no body possessing, it'd make soulstone throwing absurdly powerful.

...Thinking about it, soulstone throwing is already absurdly powerful. Well, I'll balance it when it comes.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

huh. has everyone posted?  ;D
questions:
 - in quiet conditions can I polymorph something up more easily?
 - would collapsing (part of) the cave work well to kill the dragon (after our evacuation of course :P)?
 - can I take Ze Spy's old stuff (potion of impact mostly  :P)?
 - what could I learn talking to the adventurer (D...ian is it?), and would low conversation potentially turn him against me?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

huh. has everyone posted?  ;D
Yep. I just plain didn't feel like making an update yesterday.

Also... is that everyone? Yes, yes it is. Argh, why do you guys all have to visit the forums at least once a day? :P

- in quiet conditions can I polymorph something up more easily?
Nope.

- would collapsing (part of) the cave work well to kill the dragon (after our evacuation of course :P)?
Yes, but it'd be incredibly cheesy and you'd miss the loot he's guarding.

- can I take Ze Spy's old stuff (potion of impact mostly  :P)?
No to everything but the Scroll of Scare Undead and the Potion of Minor impact. Those two I think the rest of you guys rightfully deserve. The others not so much. You'll get to loot them when the dragon dies.

- what could I learn talking to the adventurer (D...ian is it?), and would low conversation potentially turn him against me?
Who?

Kinda. A low Conversation roll would likely have him ask (or force) you to go away.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 21: Durnneran's last breaths. Prisoners...
« Reply #1009 on: May 06, 2011, 09:33:48 pm »

Charge down the trail, wherever it leads there will be something!
[Luck: 5] It leads you and your less-drunk friend directly into the cave. You see someone on the floor directly next to you and down a path is a cave and in there is a Chaos Dragon that is bleeding out along with some random people.

[Spotting: 1]: You manage to come in completely undetected.

Location Change: Deep Whispers: Intersection.
+1 Chaos.

Continue following the drunk like an idiot
See above post.

[Spotting: 1]: You too come in completely undetected.

Location Change: Deep Whispers: Intersection.
+1 Chaos.

Combat in Deep Whispers: Dragon cave.
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Darin's bat
Blah.
[6+3] VS [5+2+1-1] Darin's bat does an amazing 1 damage (2-1) to Durnneran. Yay.

Durnneran: -1 HP.

run awai!
[2]: Being almost as thick as a nail, you trip on a rock and fail to go anywhere.

Repeat this shenanigan again! (a.k.a. repeat last action) unless folks start running out (then, in that case, follow them)
[2-1+1+2][Luck:4]: You once again try your luck on Durnneran.

[4+1] VS [6-1+1] Durnneran once again is too fast. You're getting closer, though.

+1 Chaos.

Cast a no-modifier healing spell on myself and play dead to stay out of the dragon's notice.
[2+1-1][Luck: 1]: You try healing yourself. You fail spectacularly. Good thing you only casted a Minor healing spell, loosing only 1 HP. That could've been far, far worse.

[2]: You fall to the floor and close your eyes. Durnneran... doesn't seem to buy it.

-1 HP.
+1 Chaos.

If dragon still alive: Major Life Siphon
If dragon not alive: Soul Trap

Bat-Attack: "OMNOMNOM"

Level Up: Two points in intelligence

[6+1+1-2][Luck: 6][Roll: 6]: You suck most of the little remaining life out of Durnneran and take it for yourself.

+6 HP.
+3 Necromancy magic skill.
Level up! Pick two attribute points.
Durnneran: -6 HP.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Durnneran
Urgh...
Durnneran is on his last breaths, he likely isn't going to last much longer.

Spoiler: Targeting (click to show/hide)

However, that doesn't stop him from going after the man who hurt him the most.

[4+2+1] VS [3+1+1]. Shield roll: Failed. Damage:[2+8]

Durnneran's claws screech loudly against Dostricht's Tungsten armor. His armor absorbs 6/10 of the damage, and he takes the rest.

Dostricht: Tungsten Armor lost 6 AHP.
Dostricht: -4 HP.

Quote from: Dostricht
Screw the dragon, the fire hurts! Stop drop and roll!
Dostricht, being on fire, decides that maybe keeping himself from roasting alive is a little more important than killing the dragon right now.

[5]: He manages to roll around quick enough to stop the fire. He still took a few burns from that, though.

-2 HP.

+1 Chaos.

Nat and Nathan wake up. Urgh, what happened?

Nat Luck rolls: [Treatment: 2][Avoided (Additional) Chaos: 2][Lack of Abuse: 6][Items kept: 6][Sense Deprivation: 4]: No HP change. +10 additional Chaos (added to the radiation). Not beaten up. Kept all items. Only mouth covered.
Nathan Luck rolls: [Treatment: 3][Avoided (Additional) Chaos: 6][Lack of Abuse: 6][Items kept: 3][Sense Deprivation: 2] +2 HP. No additional Chaos (added to the radiation). Not beaten up. Kept useless items. Mouth, and eyes covered.

Nat wakes up wet. Like she's been dragged through a pool. Her chaos shield is gone, too. She cannot talk at all through the gag. All her items appear to be still on her, though. Her bonds are tight and she cannot move a whole lot.
Nathan wakes up feeling a little better than before. His paralysis is also gone. He cannot talk through the gag or see through the blindfold. He feels as though he's missing some of his stuff. His bonds are tight and he cannot move a whole lot.

[Separation: 3]: From what Nat can see, there is another person tied up in a room to her right near a fire. She has no idea if it's the person you are looking for or if it's Nathan. There's also another room to her left, though it's empty. In her room is some random stuff in a pile [Guards: 5] and three Accurarwa, the second, the first, and the fifth, all with Nat in their sight. Nathan can hear a fire crackling [Guards: 1] but not much else.

This is not going to be easy to get out of, that's for sure...

The area around you feels [Chaos: 3] slightly irradiated (+1 Chaos per turn).

Nat: -Status: Unconscious.
Nat: -Status: Protected by Major Chaos Shield.
Nat: +Status: Binded hands: Cannot use hands or cast at anything not behind her.
Nat: +Status: Binded legs: Cannot stand or move.
Nat: Location Change: Somewhere in the Chaos Hollows.
Nat: +4 Chaos.
Nathan: -Status: Unconscious.
Nathan: -Status: Paralyzed.
Nathan: +Status: Blinded: Cannot see anything. At all.
Nathan: +Status: Binded hands: Cannot use hands or cast at anything not behind him.
Nathan: +Status: Binded legs: Cannot stand or move.
Nathan: Lost 8 Vampiric Steel-tipped Bolts. Lost Waterskin. Lost Pine Crossbow.
Nat: Location Change: Somewhere in the Chaos Hollows.
Nathan: +2 HP.
Nathan: +3 Chaos.

WARNING: Nathan has 4 HP left.
DANGER: Joseph has 2 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.
Warning: Kirion has 5 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Tell me if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:11:23 am by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 06, 2011, 09:55:25 pm »

Excellent, an initiative roll to see who slays the dragon. :3

If dragon alive: Damaging Soul Trap
If dragon not alive: Regular Soul Trap

Bat-Attack: "The glory is miiiiiiiiiiiine!"

Level Up: Two points to Intelligence.

His soul wouldn't stick around within easy reach after death, would it? Like, if I wanted to stuff it into something in a few rounds instead?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 06, 2011, 10:00:30 pm »

Excellent, an initiative roll to see who slays the dragon. :3
Or to be blasted with chaos. Next turn, it'll have been exactly five turns since he used his chaos breath...

His soul wouldn't stick around within easy reach after death, would it? Like, if I wanted to stuff it into something in a few rounds instead?
If he dies, you have one round to capture his soul before it's gone.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:03:00 pm by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 06, 2011, 10:08:39 pm »

Gah. Better not mess this up, then. :-\

...a dragon soul would be more powerful than a normal one, right?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 06, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »

I guess so.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 06, 2011, 10:12:41 pm »

Well whatever. It's handy, if nothing else.

Also I guess I should ask now: How many items can we get out of Durnneran's corpse, and how many of those would be taken up by crafting a golem out of him?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 06, 2011, 10:19:12 pm »

Also I guess I should ask now: How many items can we get out of Durnneran's corpse,
Five to none, depending on how horribly you roll. You'll get five tries.

and how many of those would be taken up by crafting a golem out of him?
Depends on how big the golem is.

Wow, you sure didn't take long to ask about cutting up your opponent. You're seriously morbid, dude. :P
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:21:33 pm by Tarran »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 06, 2011, 10:43:13 pm »

I only have one question: Technically speaking, why would I get a penalty to targeting spells at myself? It's not like I have to aim them any amount of distance. :p

I attempt to sneak up on Durnneran and pinch its throat cloased with both hands. Scratch that, just remembered the -2 penalty to physical actions.

Cast the same spell while trying to find a place to hide out away from the massive amount of firepower my allies are probably about to bring to bear on the dragon.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 11:00:39 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 06, 2011, 10:47:53 pm »

I only have one question: Technically speaking, why would I get a penalty to targeting spells at myself? It's not like I have to aim them any amount of distance. :p
Good point.

Well, let's just say it's hard to actually bend your arms to a position to aim/touch yourself now that they're covered in carapace. Or something like that.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:26 pm »

Also I guess I should ask now: How many items can we get out of Durnneran's corpse,
Five to none, depending on how horribly you roll. You'll get five tries.
I see. Rather unfortunate that only one of us doesn't have a penalty to crafting, then. ::)

Depends on how big the golem is.
How big can it be? :3

Wow, you sure didn't take long to ask about cutting up your opponent. You're seriously morbid, dude. :P
Are you kidding me?! I've been plotting what to do with its carcass since we heard there was a dragon! This is restraint!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 06, 2011, 10:55:45 pm »

I can't even touch one pincer hand to the other? o_o Ah, oh well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 139