Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153897 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 19: Enraging Durnneran. That's GOTTA hurt.
« Reply #975 on: May 04, 2011, 02:58:53 pm »

Well, that all assumes I survive this round. If I do though it's straight to the clean water to get rid of the damned lungs mutation...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: May 04, 2011, 03:03:09 pm »

Was it ever mentioned if there any sort of chaos blocking material or not?

If we could carry waterskins protected by something like that, they could be really helpful.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: May 04, 2011, 03:10:36 pm »

Was it ever mentioned if there any sort of chaos blocking material or not?
Nope.

If we could carry waterskins protected by something like that, they could be really helpful.
For the sake of my wonderful laziness, let's just say it takes a while for chaos to irradiate water indirectly, and thus your water will not irradiate unless under extreme circumstances.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: May 04, 2011, 03:19:14 pm »

Good to know!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: May 04, 2011, 03:49:54 pm »

Damn you Draignean, giving the GM excuses. D:

Yeah, I'm keeping my soulstones in mind. I'm not actually sure I'd want to snatch Kirion's soul up, though, and I'd rather try to heal him this turn than make sure we've got his soul, seeing as none of us can do resurrections. I mean, I can do "discount" ones, but you know how those go. :P

Plus, luck rolls. I don't want to be a walking buddy cop movie because the same stone's got both our souls in it. I'm now getting the urge to write about that. Hrm.

I do hope you're feeling better, Serious. I suspected you were a bit depressed or something with the insistence on dying bit. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: May 04, 2011, 03:55:34 pm »

That was actually because I kinda hate the character. I sent him into melee to die several turns ago (before he first mutated, basically the first/second round of combat), though it seems no one picked up on that. >.> Anyway, I wasn't depressed, just homicidally angry, so I was wanting to kill someone I hated without actually hurting anybody. In any case, if he lives I'll slog on with him. Who knows. Maybe the crab claws could make him interesting enough to care about again. We'll see, I guess. ^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: May 04, 2011, 04:24:58 pm »

Well, I noticed it when you kept going the first time the dragon clobbered you.

But yeah, if you really don't like him there's always walking off into the sunset.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: May 04, 2011, 04:32:04 pm »

Sorry, been dead all day.

Wander around, use my trusty luck and wine bottle to find where the rest of the group went! If I have a hunch just go with it, no matter how crazy it is.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: May 04, 2011, 04:37:30 pm »

Wait, dead and back?!

Religious prophet of RTDs anyone?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: May 04, 2011, 04:40:45 pm »

Darn, Draignean posted an action...

Anyway, I suppose I should start updating the first post first, since I should do it one of these days.

Ed: Doneish, I think. Turn will be out sometime in the possibly near future.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:03:03 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Because Draignean is an asshole... like me, of course. :P

Recall the old days of morphing corpses into exoskeletons.
[6][Lucidity: 5]: You remember the days of morphing corpses. Ew. Somehow you learn something.

+1 Necromancy magic.

Dream of actualy hitting things with my crossbow
[5][Lucidity: 2]: You dream of actually hitting things with your crossbow. However, you have no idea that it's a dream and thus you are too busy shooting things to learn anything.

Stick with the mad drunk
You stick with the drunk like an idiot. Seriously, this is a very bad idea.

Wander around, use my trusty luck and wine bottle to find where the rest of the group went! If I have a hunch just go with it, no matter how crazy it is.
[Luck: 3]: You wander around aimlessly for quite a while, until you find a trail of... some sort of tracks. (Roll another luck roll to see if they're the group).

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Dostricht
FOR TOI!
[6+2+2] VS [4-1+2+1] Damage [2+2+2].

Dostricht swings his sword mercilessly at Durnneran. Durnneran tries very hard to dodge out of the way but cannot, taking 6 damage.

+1 Chaos.
Durnneran: -6 HP.

Start breathing! Get the heck outta dodge!
[3]: You make a small effort and manage to get out of the Dragon cave.

Durnneran can still see you, though.

You shudder uncontrollably, and change... [Good/bad: 6, huge trade off good/bad][Strength: 6, extremely large change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Passive]: Your mind blanks for a few seconds, then you come back, smarter than before... then much dumber than before. And you are now far more sensitive for some reason.

Location change: Deep Whispers: Intersection.
New mutation: Scattered Brain Tissue: +10 max Intelligence, current Intelligence equal to percentage of max HP you have.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Darin's bat
I'm running out of witty lines.
[1+3] VS [4-1+2+1]

Darin's bat swings at Durnneran but Durnneran manages to swing out of the way.

Minor healing on Kirion.
[6+1+1][Luck:5]: You summon all your might and heal Kirion in the nick of time. You actually managed to cast a higher level spell than attempted, casting a Major healing spell, healing 8 HP.

+3 Healing magic skill.
Now Adept in healing magic.
Level up! Pick 2 attribute points.
Kirion: +8 HP.
Kirion: Not mortally wounded anymore.

+1 Chaos.

MOAR SPIKES  :D (of the long and sharp kind, right under and above the dragon, i'm thinking -1 difficulty stuff)
[3-1+1+2][Luck:5]: TolyK's hands swing into action and create 7 sharp spikes underneath and above Durnneran.

[2+1] VS [6-1+1]

Despite being severely wounded, Durnneran foils your attempt.

You shake. [Good/bad: 3, trade off good/bad][Strength: 3, small change][Mental/Physical: Physical][Passive/Active: Active]: Your legs and arms become quicker. However, you feel more fragile.

+1 Earth magic skill.
New Mutation: Thin Arms and Legs: +5 Agility, -5 Toughness.

+1 Chaos.

Binary decision: if Darin manages to heal me, live. If things don't go as he plans, die.
You live.

Welcome back to the realm of the living, please keep hands away from dragons at all times, thank you.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Durnneran
DIE! FIRE BREATH TIME!
Spoiler: Targeting (click to show/hide)

Durnneran decides to breath fire on the nice cluster of enemies right next to him. Oh dear.

Dostricht: [Shield roll: Failed.] Damage: 3. Set on fire: Yes.
Darin's bat: [No Shield.] Damage: 2 Reduce 20%, now 2 damage. Set on fire: No.
Nowan: [Shield roll 1: Failed.] [Shield roll 2: Failed.] Damage: 8. Set on fire: No.

Dostricht fails to block with his shield, and is caught within the edge of the flames, and his armor absorbs most of the damage. However, he is set on fire.
Darin's bat is caught within the edge of the flames, and avoids being set on fire.
Nowan fails to block with both of his shields, and is caught in the center of the flame. His only saving grace is that he is not set on fire.

Dostricht: -1 HP.
Dostricht: Tungsten armor lost 2 AHP.
Dostricht: +Status: !!On fire!!: Loose 2+[Numturnonfire] HP per turn.
Darin's bat: -2 HP.
Nowan: -4 HP.
Nowan: Aluminum Armor lost 4 AHP.

DANGER: Nathan has 2 HP left.
DANGER: Joseph has 2 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.
Warning: Kirion has 6 HP left.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Yay. Enjoy. I hope I didn't screw up again.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile

Cast a no-modifier healing spell on myself and play dead to stay out of the dragon's notice.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile

Charge down the trail, wherever it leads there will be something!

Yes he's brilliant, we all know.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It was either this, or continue burning my hands in town waiting for everyone to come back.

Continue following the drunk like an idiot

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile

huh, that's pretty OK, I guess.
Repeat this shenanigan again! (a.k.a. repeat last action) unless folks start running out (then, in that case, follow them)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 139