Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153760 times)

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 18: Oh goody, a mutationx2. The Failpression
« Reply #915 on: May 03, 2011, 01:47:48 am »

... oh f*ck.

Question: what is worse, a water elemental or a chaos dragon?
(because I wanna chuck the potion into the dragon ^^)

If an elemental is worse, MOAR SPIKES!
If the dragon is worse, CHUCK THE POTION INTO THE DRAGON!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 02:19:46 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 03, 2011, 02:05:12 am »

AHEM. I'd rather like you to do something about these... "arms."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: May 03, 2011, 02:08:23 am »

Depends on the water around.

Dragon, since there's not a lot of water around.

Oh, and unless you get the dragon to drink the potion, it isn't going to change.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 03, 2011, 02:19:27 am »

Hold on, I'm about to be friggin attacked!
Also, can't you spellcast with them? they don't harm you...

Depends on the water around.

Dragon, since there's not a lot of water around.

Oh, and unless you get the dragon to drink the potion, it isn't going to change.
hm... darn.

Spikes it is.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 03, 2011, 02:28:47 am »

Hold on, I'm about to be friggin attacked!
Also, can't you spellcast with them? they don't harm you...
Fine fine. But they're creepy and I want them gone (or made useful/not creepy) when you're not being rushed by an enraged rad-dragon.

Actually, I'm just going to try to end this now. Sorry good news Serious.

-2 difficulty drain life on the dragon. Bat bat-assaults as normal.

By the way Tarran, would there be any way to "upgrade" my bat if I'm especially pleased with its service? I guess I could nab its soul and stuff it in a golem body, but anything else? Is there any way to repair dead flesh (as in a corpse, not an undead) so I could re-revive it over and over again?
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 03, 2011, 02:33:50 am »

That's fine. RNG'll just end up having you heal me anyway.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 03, 2011, 02:42:22 am »

By the way Tarran, would there be any way to "upgrade" my bat if I'm especially pleased with its service? I guess I could nab its soul and stuff it in a golem body, but anything else? Is there any way to repair dead flesh (as in a corpse, not an undead) so I could re-revive it over and over again?
Nope, dead flesh is just barely holding together as-is, and since it's dead it isn't regenerating.

You can however revive it multiple times after it dies if it's body is still moderately intact (it'll roll to break apart).

(AKA Why-did-I-make-this-a-magic-RTD-oh-well-I'll-just-take-the-lazy-way-out)

Anyway, that's everyone. Already. Darn, no more non-lazeh excuses. Whatever, turn will come up sometime in the future when I feel like it.

Until then, still waiting on Irony for his RTD. Come on, dude, you're teasing us.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 03, 2011, 02:46:25 am »

:D
I guess I'll update my RTD also :D
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 03, 2011, 03:30:32 am »

Until then, still waiting on Irony for his RTD. Come on, dude, you're teasing us.
Yeah yeah, I was just thinking I really need to get that going. Nothing refines rules like seeing them in play, and all.

So... up in the next few days, I guess. Possibly in a fairly rudimentary and prone to change form, but eh. Half the players aren't gonna care so long as they get to turn into eldritch abominations anyway.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: May 03, 2011, 03:32:44 am »

So... up in the next few days, I guess. Possibly in a fairly rudimentary and prone to change form, but eh. Half the players aren't gonna care so long as they get to turn into eldritch abominations anyway.
You certainly know our tastes. ;D

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 03, 2011, 04:22:00 am »

^ Well said  :D
well I updated my RTD, ur turn!
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 03, 2011, 05:10:16 am »

You do know that you're telling me that I should've killed you, right? That's not very smart.
Uhm.... :V

Ignore anything I said, am saying, or will say. Like, ever.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 19: Enraging Durnneran. That's GOTTA hurt.
« Reply #927 on: May 03, 2011, 08:30:05 pm »

Wheee. Turn.

Anyway, taking a system for NPC targeting now:

Each enemy gets a dice roll. Modifiers are: -2 if no aggressive actions have been committed so far (though I'm 95% sure everyone has attacked the dragon so far), +3 if in melee range, +2 if so-and-so attacked NPC in question last turn or this turn, +2 if so-and-so is the most dangerous enemy around, and -3 if so-and-so is mortally wounded.

And I will also do a Weapon Type FlavorTM modification to weapons to make melee weapons less boring and make them have more reason for their use. This will be the final turn with the old rules. However the statuses on this turn will have the updated weapons, so you may want to check your statuses out again. If you find anything that you consider unfair, tell me, and I'll explain the reason, or I may change it if you have a good point.

Also, sometime in the future I'll update the severely outdated first page.

Investigate Dragon Rumors!
You listen closely to the rumors.

[Luck: 2]: "Hey Tom, I heard that captain guy and some mercs went to fight a Chaos Dragon." "Really?" "Really." "Where?" "No idea, I just heard that they went somewhere to kill a Chaos Dragon." "Hmmmph, I hope they wrote their wills. My father died trying to fight one before, and he was pretty good of a fighter."

Darn, no teleporting here.

My senses tell me to...follow the mad drunk!
You enter the Inn. [Luck: 5] You find the mad drunk easily. However, he doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

Dream of exploding dog-peope be yanking all the water out of them at once
[4][Lucidity: 4]: You enjoy a extremely morbid dream of killing Accurarwa.

You actually learn something, however. Learning something from a dream, huh. Well, anyway, it ends.

+1 Water magic skill.

Dream about gaining mental mutations.
[3][Lucidity: 1]: You dream about your brain constantly setting things on fire with no control from you. You have no idea that this is a dream, and so you start getting ready to kill yourself, but then your dream ends.

Combat in Deep Whispers: Dragon cave.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-2 difficulty drain life on the dragon. Bat bat-assaults as normal.
[3+1+1-2][Luck: 5]: You just barely cast the spell, nearly botching it. However, you manage to come back to your near failure and put a lot more effort on the spell. You suck away 5 HP from Durnneran and give it to yourself.

However, this puts Durnneran at 1/4th HP. Get ready.

+5 HP.
+1 Necromancy magic.
New spell: Major Life Siphon.
Durnneran: -5 HP.
Durnneran: +Status: Enraged: +1 to all actions.

+1 Chaos.

Wait around.
You sit there, bleeding slowly. Whew, starting to get cold. Your eyes blur and darken, and you think you see some light in the roof of the cave...

1 turn remaining until death.

+1 Chaos.

Stop casting instantly! Try to not headsplode as all the air rushes towards my head.
[6][Luck: 6]: You dispel the spell quickly and avoid suffocating. Now, about the dragon...

You start shaking and glowing.

+3 Air magic skill.

+1 Chaos.

MOAR SPIKES!
Kinda vague, TolyK. Please be more specific next time.

[1+2-1][Luck: 1]: You botch the spell so bad that a rather large spike falls from the ceiling, towards you.

Dodge(Defense): [2] VS Speed: [3]. Shield roll 1: Succeded.

You fail to dodge the somewhat slow spike, so you raise your shield, just in time, and your shield takes 4 damage (2d3).

You start shaking and glowing, along with Joseph.

Enchanted Aluminum Main hand Shield: -4 AHP. 8/12 AHP remaining.
+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Durnneran
ROAR!
Durnneran becomes enraged at his enemies. Look out.

Spoiler: Targeting (click to show/hide)

He charges at Joseph with the look of blood in his eyes...

[6+2+1] VS [1-1+1]. Damage: 8+8+4.

Joseph doesn't even manage to move even an inch before he slams Joseph with his tail, sending him spiraling into a wall at extreme speeds. His armor absorbs 6 points of damage, while he himself takes 14, nearly mortally wounding him. He barely manages to stand up again, bleeding from multiple places, and he has several fractured bones. See, kids, this is why we wear armor.

Joseph: Fancy Leather Armor took 6 AHP damage. Now at 14/20 AHP.
Joseph: -14 HP.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Darin's Bat
Urrrrggghhh...
[2+3] VS [1+2-1+1] Darin's bat scratches Durnneran, dealing a whopping 2-1=1 damage. Woo.

Durnneran: -1 HP.

Quote from: Dostricht
Charge! Charge charge charge!
[3+2+2] VS [5+2-1+1]: Dostricht finally misses, due to Durnneran becoming enraged. This fight is starting to go downhill even faster...

+1 Chaos.

DANGER: Nathan has 2 HP left.
DANGER: Joseph has 2 HP left.
Caution: Nat has 8 HP left.
DANGER: Kirion is MORTALLY WOUNDED: 1 turn left to death, currently at -2 HP.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Alright, done.

And no, HmH and Wolfchild's statuses aren't going to change at all besides of what they gain from the dream until they wake up, so they have no idea what's happening to them.

Anyway, once again, tell me if I screwed up anywhere.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 02:49:26 pm by Tarran »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 03, 2011, 09:08:54 pm »

Minor healing on Kirion.

Among other reasons, I suspect we'll need another healer for the next round or two, penalty or no. :-\

With regards to weapons:

Don't like the armor ignoring effects. I suppose it'd depend on just how bad hammers/maces/clubs are, but given how important armor is in this game I suspect it could easily devolve into "if it's wearing armor, use a hammer." Having half the effect is a bit fairer, and I'm not sure how else to represent it, but still.

In a similar vein, I don't like whips being completely worthless. Sure, it's a little on the realistic side and they have a disarming effect, but pretty much their only purpose now is against something that's wearing no armor but still carrying something you want it to drop. Besides which, surely you could get them studded with iron or laced with dragonscale or something.

I suspect daggers will now fall firmly in the "enchant with emergency spell, never use otherwise" category. I'm not certain I object to that, but it might be worth noting.

I notice my "good" iron spear has a whopping +0.5 to average damage now. Not sure how intentional that was, but at -1 innately and a half chance of +3, you've got -1 +1.5 for 0.5 net.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 03, 2011, 09:22:02 pm »

Don't like the armor ignoring effects. I suppose it'd depend on just how bad hammers/maces/clubs are, but given how important armor is in this game I suspect it could easily devolve into "if it's wearing armor, use a hammer." Having half the effect is a bit fairer, and I'm not sure how else to represent it, but still.
Good point. However, hammers will be inaccurate and low on damage. Remember that the lower accuracy also means even lower damage than that, if they even hit. So hammers will be a lot less effective than you may think.

In a similar vein, I don't like whips being completely worthless. Sure, it's a little on the realistic side and they have a disarming effect, but pretty much their only purpose now is against something that's wearing no armor but still carrying something you want it to drop. Besides which, surely you could get them studded with iron or laced with dragonscale or something.
Well, sometimes something will have something you really, really want it to drop. And of course you could get them studded to boost damage, I never said otherwise.

Anyway, I don't plan on whips becoming anything worthwhile, just utility weapons. I am going for a semi-realistic route for this RTD in the cases for real-world stuff, so I don't think I'm changing whips.

Still, if you want lightsaber whips, I'm not stopping you.

I notice my "good" iron spear has a whopping +0.5 to average damage now. Not sure how intentional that was, but at -1 innately and a half chance of +3, you've got -1 +1.5 for 0.5 net.
That's on a good roll. You really shouldn't trust the RNG all that much, it's not healthy if the last few turns have shown. ;D

Anyway, it's kinda intentional: You can either have very good luck with a spear and do more damage than a longsword would, or you can have very bad luck and do less.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 139