Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153744 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 18: Oh goody, a mutationx2. The Failpression
« Reply #900 on: May 02, 2011, 09:49:29 pm »

I feel bad about teamkilling, even on request. And since I'm the one who took you out, I kind of feel the need to fix it.

Maybe Tarran will be nice and say Durnneran trampled you on his way to Joseph.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 02, 2011, 10:00:21 pm »

im assuming a good roll can't wake you up,

Dream of exploding dog-peope be yanking all the water out of them at once
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: May 02, 2011, 10:11:22 pm »

+4 wrestling < ability to aim magic or wield weapons and shields, especially when we're fighting creatures bigger than we are. Kirion's strength score is also too low to be worth using wrestling, and when the mutations clear up I'll lose that so it's pointless to rely on it. Draignean or especially Dwarmin would benefit more from it than I would.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: May 02, 2011, 10:25:08 pm »

+4 wrestling < ability to aim magic
'Tis just a -1. You get an assload of bonuses anyway.

or wield weapons
But the +4 is better than almost all other weapons in the early game.

and shields
That... is actually a good point.

especially when we're fighting creatures bigger than we are.
Durnneran's a boss, of course he's going to be tough. He's far more tough than any other enemies for quite a while.

Kirion's strength score is also too low to be worth using wrestling
Then why did you attempt to use melee weapons? They have the same bonus as melee weapons, but with +4 damage.

and when the mutations clear up I'll lose that so it's pointless to rely on it.
You could always, you know, drink a little bit of chaos water every so often. And if you feel it's going to go quickly, then why are you complaining about it?
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 02, 2011, 10:33:06 pm »

+4 wrestling < ability to aim magic or wield weapons and shields, especially when we're fighting creatures bigger than we are. Kirion's strength score is also too low to be worth using wrestling, and when the mutations clear up I'll lose that so it's pointless to rely on it. Draignean or especially Dwarmin would benefit more from it than I would.

Yeah, that ability's a stinker. I'm not even a pure wrestler, so it would mess up my casting and make it so I couldn't use a bow.

But, maybe you shouldn't give up so fast!

There's bound to be special mutant equipment in the Westlands that you could use-your not the only pincer armed guy.

And the wording "-1 to casting (difficulty with aiming with pincers)" It just says difficulty, not physical impossibility. This should be something your character could overcome with experience in his new form, right?

The lung thing is complete bullocks, no way around that-you cant even USE wrestling with that. I'd get an emergency polymorph, and if it kills you, whoop dee doo. lol

Food for thought, since you seem on the way out anyway, but I'd try to roll with whatever Tarran throws at you.

And if your totally dead set on dying, then die during an emergency polymorph trying to fix yourself. Don't go out like a chump!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 02, 2011, 10:44:25 pm »

There's bound to be special mutant equipment in the Westlands that you could use-your not the only pincer armed guy.
If 'ya can get someone to make it. Which should be easy considering there's a decent amount of blacksmiths in Toi.

This should be something your character could overcome with experience in his new form, right?
Not really, no matter what, it's just plain hard to aim with pincer fingers.

However, -1 is, as I said, hardly a problem, due to the loads of bonuses you get.

The lung thing is complete bullocks,
It could've been worse. I had 12 other possibilities.

But yeah, blame the RNG for the bad rolls. But also remember that the negative modifier has no effect on spellcasting.

Food for thought, since you seem on the way out anyway, but I'd try to roll with whatever Tarran throws at you.
Yeah, I would really like players playing on through the wind and the rain I throw at them. I mean, what's the point of mutations, or any other negative modifiers, if players just quit when they get them?

And if your totally dead set on dying, then die during an emergency polymorph trying to fix yourself. Don't go out like a chump!
This.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: May 02, 2011, 10:53:21 pm »

*sigh* It's all moot anyway, since I can't act while I'm mortally wounded, apparently.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 02, 2011, 11:09:44 pm »

Stop casting instantly! Try to not headsplode as all the air rushes towards my head.

Asilidae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 02, 2011, 11:24:22 pm »

Go towards the light Serious...

>No more giant penises. We had a sort of Arms Race once when one guy ordered himself a 14inch synth-flesh abomination and the guy after him had to order one that was 15 inches. It kept escalating till someone got their entire lower body replaced with a slithering, naga tail package that they actually got around on.

I had to vent the entire living quarters.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 02, 2011, 11:28:59 pm »

Indeed.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 02, 2011, 11:30:12 pm »

(1) Kirion has been denied entry into heaven. Gabriel shouts "Get outta here ya chump!"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: May 02, 2011, 11:31:11 pm »

Indeed.
No, no, head towards the black, we're 50% cheaper than Heaven!

:P

(1) Kirion has been denied entry into heaven. Gabriel shouts "Get outta here ya chump!"
Or that, that could also be another reason for him to pick black.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: May 03, 2011, 12:04:34 am »

Dream about gaining mental mutations.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: May 03, 2011, 12:06:03 am »

Actually, shouldn't I already headsplode due to decompression?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: May 03, 2011, 12:30:30 am »

You do know that you're telling me that I should've killed you, right? That's not very smart.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139