Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139

Author Topic: The Westlands RTD: Turn 42: Final "Turn". Game ended.  (Read 153590 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 15: Level ups. The RNG strikes back. New player.
« Reply #795 on: April 27, 2011, 01:55:36 pm »

So Darin is about to die? 
This was my first thought, but then I realized I had my bat guarding me and Kirion had indeed rushed into melee.

It's certainly not guaranteed, but it does seem more likely.

Maybe the soul stones will blast out all over the world and we'll have to collect them like the dragon balls to ressurect him...
I like this idea.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 27, 2011, 02:21:48 pm »

Well, if you guys voted Kirion, you're:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 27, 2011, 05:10:49 pm »

Well on that note...

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 27, 2011, 06:04:06 pm »

Well on that note...

Ditto.  ;D
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 16: Pain Train. Paralysis For Great Justice.
« Reply #799 on: April 27, 2011, 08:01:06 pm »

Wake the sleeping man gently, when you he wakes say "My name is Arzhog, I am here to bring you to justice for the dishnorable murder of Sheila of Toi. You will either accompany me back to Toi and face their justice, or you will take up your weapon and fight with me. If you choose to fight me I will allow you time to cleanse the sleep from your body and ready your weapon."
[4-2]: You manage to get up to the man without waking him up. You wake him up and warn him to follow you back to Toi. Or die. Very simply. Your wording is quite good, but you aren't very convincing.

[Resist Threat: 1+1]: Nevertheless, he surrenders, and drops his weapons: A Fine Iron Shortsword and a Good Steel Dagger.

+2 Conversation.
Now Novice in conversation.
Level up! Pick two attribute points.

Action: I fill my water bottle and try to develop a defensive martial arts stance called "Iron Turtle Stance"
Alright, I'll add stances for Wrestling. Nothing else, though.

[5]: You scoop up water and request the townspeople to throw rocks at you. They stare at you for a few seconds before they agree.

After loads of bruises, you believe you've learned how to defend yourself better.

+3 Wrestling skill.
New Wrestling stance: Iron Turtle: Attack rolls halved, +3 defense against target, -1 defense against others.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Move apart from rest of group, have bat guard me. Attempt to remove chaos-attractor.
[6+1][Luck: 4]: You manage to cut the energy of the shield off, luckily. You also move from the group, hoping to avoid Durnneran's attention. [Durnneran spot: 1] He has no idea where you went.

+3 Shield magic skill.
+1 Chaos.

Also, you still need to spend 2 attribute points from last turn.

Create Place a fire-deflection shield between us and the dragon.
You attempt to create a large Physical barrier between the part of your group that is near you and the dragon in order to prevent fire breaths.

[3+1+2-2][Luck: 4]: You succeed in doing so.

Unfortunately, the only other person protected by the shield is Joseph, since everyone else moved out.

+1 Shield magic.
New spell: Major Physical Barrier.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Dostricht
*Insert aggressive Russian line here*
Dostricht attacks Durnneran again. [1+2+2] VS [1+1-1] Hitting in the chest, dealing [4+2+2] 8 damage!

Durnneran: -8 HP.
+1 Chaos.

Prepare a windspell to divert the dragon's breath attack if he uses it
[2][Luck: 6]: You almost make a vortex of air that would've likely attracted anything in the air onto you, but you stop dead in your tracks.

+1 Chaos.

Since healing Darin was going ever more horribly with each attempt, Kirion gave up on it and instead decided to try and protect him. He rushed the dragon, under the assumption that if it was busy fighting him and Dostricht it wouldn't be attacking everyone else. While I'm here, I might as well try that again, he thought, casting the Minor Vampiric Touch spell.
[Durnneran spot roll: 5]: He spots you coming the moment you stop moving. That's... not good.

[5+1-1][Luck: 2]: You attempt to cast Minor Vampiric Touch on Durnneran, but he keeps you from getting close enough to touch him.

+3 Necromancy magic skill.
Now Beginner in Necromancy.

+1 Chaos.

Quote from: Durnneran
Grrrrrr...
Durnneran finally gets his turn. He decides to attack Kirion. Oh dear.
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[3+2] VS [2] He smacks Kirion [Shield roll failed] hard in the chest, dealing [3+8+4] 15 damage with his tail. Kirion recoils from the attack in severe pain, his armor absorbing 5/15 points of damage. Good thing he brought armor. Dostricht screams "Get away! Run!"

Kirion: -10 HP.
Kirion: Leather Armor damaged: 15/20 AHP.

Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)

Shoot accurarwa 2 and put a maintanaince shield over nathan so thier blows dont hit so hard
Only one action at a time, man. You can't shoot and at the same time maintain a shield. So, coin flippy time! The result was... shooting.

You shoot at the second Accurarwa, [1+1] VS [6+2] the shot was abysmal, it misses by a mile.

-1 Obsidian bolt.

Quote from: Accurarwa 3
Firebolt-ify Nat!
[1+2-2][Luck: 6]: His hands ignite for a little bit before he extinguishes them.

Quote from: Accurarwa 2
Get Nat!
Seeing Nat return to the battlefield, he charges towards her and swings [3+1] VS [6+1] but Nat easily dodges out of the way.

Nat: +3 defense skill.
Nat: Now Novice in Defense.
Nat: Level up! Pick two attribute points.

Morph Accurarwa 5's ribcage open, rendering his heart vulnerable to attacks, and stab him in the heart with a bolt. .
Once again, only one action at a time. Coin flip results in the latter.

You attempt to stab the fifth's heart. [3+1-1] VS [5] You miss, and he dodges out of the way expertly.

+1 Misc Object skill.

Quote from: Accurarwa 5
Shoot Nathan!
The fifth shoots at Nathan. [4+2] VS [4+1] Hitting him on his arm, dealing 2 damage.

[Poison roll: 5][Poison type: Paralysis][Resist: 3] The bolt, however, has a severely numbing poison. Nathan looses feeling everywhere in his body.

-1 Izzci arrow.
Nathan: -2 HP.
Nathan: +Status: Paralyzed: Cannot make any actions for 1 turn, -3 to physical actions for 1 turn afterwards, and -1 the turn after.
+1 Chaos.

The fourth Accurarwa stands up and begins advancing towards you. He'll be there next turn.

Warning: Kirion has 6HP left.
Warning: Nathan has a serious negative modifier: Paralyzed.

Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TolyK (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Serious Concentrate (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: HmH (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Draignean (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dwarmin (click to show/hide)

Allies:

Deep Whispers:
Spoiler: Dostricht (click to show/hide)

Enemies:

Deep Whispers:

Chaos Hollows:
Spoiler: Accurarwa 1 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 2 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 3 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 4 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Accurarwa 5 (click to show/hide)

'Effin maintenance. STILL RAGING.

I will now do another modification to shields: There will now be two types:
Shields: Think of it as another layer of armor. These you can only place on people or objects. They will reduce, but not outright take any damage you get from whatever they're shields against.
And Barriers: Which are like an actual shield. You can't place these on people and allow them to move at all, but you can place these wherever you want. Unlike shields, Barriers will block all damage of the certain type of damage they've been tooled for. However, they will last a lot less longer.

The reason for this is because there are now quite a few shields, and with all the shields, calls for renovations before people start asking loads of questions and I get more pressured. If you've ever casted shields, you may want to check your shield powers again now. If you don't like this then, uhh, screw you, you aren't GMing the game. ::)

Anyway, YAY DONE YOU GUYS HAVE HAPPY FLOWERS FOREVER AND EVER.

Or at least I think I'm done. Tell me if I missed anything.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:24:26 pm by Tarran »
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 16: Pain Train. Paralisis For Great Justice.
« Reply #800 on: April 27, 2011, 08:33:32 pm »

Frickin' RNG. ::) I'm half-tempted to get Kirion killed off and try a different character since apparently the dice have decided he's a complete fail.

I ignore Dostricht and pull out my sword and shield, then attack with the sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: The Westlands RTD: Turn 16: Pain Train. Paralisis For Great Justice.
« Reply #801 on: April 27, 2011, 08:47:31 pm »

ooc: Well you misspelled paralysis in the thread title but it looks good otherwise, but then again I'm the master of crappy status updates so don't mind me.

Arzhog nodded his head in thanks and took the man's weapons, tucking both into his rags. Then he motioned for the man to stand beside him, offering him a drink as they headed back. Prisoner yes, but there was no reason not to have a kind touch until the time came for the man to pay for his sins.

Find the guide, walk back to the house of the man who hired me with the prisoner in tow.

2 points into Chr so I'm not hopeless after a couple levels. This should be fun if my plan goes well.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 27, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »

ooc: Well you misspelled paralysis in the thread title but it looks good otherwise, but then again I'm the master of crappy status updates so don't mind me.
Ahahahahaha, you lie.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 27, 2011, 10:03:25 pm »

Impressed with my rock blocking success, I try to shoot a few small fire orbs...away from the villagers!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 27, 2011, 10:05:32 pm »

Impressed with my rock blocking success, I try to shoot a few small fire orbs...away from the villagers!
Where, exactly? You're in the middle of town, there's nowhere to throw them, unless you throw them upwards.

And remember that what comes up, must come down.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 27, 2011, 10:38:40 pm »

2 points to Int.

Ranged Lifesteal Ambush!

Bat: Bat-Attack!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 27, 2011, 11:21:03 pm »

btw why is my weight capacity still 25? it should be 30 with 6 strength

2 points into intelligence

Back off furthur, Maintain a -1 dificulty physical shield on nathan
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 27, 2011, 11:23:55 pm »

btw why is my weight capacity still 25? it should be 30 with 6 strength
Derp. Fixed.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 27, 2011, 11:33:38 pm »

Dwarmin, you should throw them at the ground around your feet. It's in the best traditions of Dwarf Fortress after all. *waits for flaming death like :3*
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 28, 2011, 12:36:22 am »

Morph Accurarwa 5's throat completely shut.

wolfchild: don't bother placing shields, aim to inflict mortal wounds. According to their HPs, all but one of them have less than 10 toughness, so they have only one turn before they die. That's fast, and that's an opportunity we need to win this battle.

wolfchild: the battle is most probably lost. I suggest you run or surrender. I strongly suggest you do not inflict further harm on the dogmen.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 01:11:31 am by HmH »
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 139